Why are the best players of our time completely shit at an international level?

Why are the best players of our time completely shit at an international level?

>why can't 1 player win the world cup by himself in a sport when there are 22 people on the field

Because their NTs rely too much of them, while their clubs have other solutions and more competent squads.

Stacked team babbys. They're very fortunate to be playing in an era when teams can stockpile all the worlds best talent

They only care about money. You can see it in Messi's eyes when he plays for the national team. No heart, and appears disgusted that he even has to play along side a bunch Argentinians that are inferior

They are both Sup Forums shitposters trying to create juicy memes

>be the best striker
>on a team where the whole starting 11 can be argued as the best in their respective positions

>be a striker
>on a team full of other smelly Argentinians

because you expect them to do well in a 7 game tournament every odd couple of years with 20 strangers

Messi has been all his life in Spain, no wonder 2bh

Messi is basically the midfielder for argentina since biglia and banega don't do anything but pass sideways to him, he has to grab the ball at midfield from them, beat 2 defenders, then set up the goal for his fowards.
Penaldo has the luxury of sitting near the box waiting for Nani to find him.
did you see how many headers Ronaldo got yesterday? unbelievable. If Messi ever got to touch the ball at the box without him having to do everything to begin with it would be a luxury

>tfw Messi could have played with Spain and he chose memetina

Back then Spain was nothing.
Argentina was just the better choice for more success.

I wonder if he regrets now that spain won the Euro 2 times in a row and a WC.

>Spain was nothing
Well, he had been playing withIniesta and Xavi all of his professional career, and we paid him his drugs.He should have know better.

>play for a country with no history and loaded with metrosexuals

>play for a country with some of the GOATs of the game, world cups, and a fanbase that will literally propel you to iconic status if you give them just one little trophy

tough choice
also notice how spaniards don't dicksuck Iniesta at all even though he has given them everything. They'd probably treat messi the same.

Those Spanish teams that won the world cup would have been even more retardedly stacked

This

>play for a country that pay your medical bills, allowing you to not be a 1'50 dwarf,and promising players
>Play for a ountry full of noones, that had the organization and discipline of a nigger army

Diego Costa did it and no one respects him for it. If Messi played for Spain you'd all hate him.

>play for a country with no outlook of success
>play for one of the strongest teams in football history

>>play for one of the strongest teams in football history
Kek.Argentina was trash, while Spain had a young generation that was flooding big teams and European leagues.Messi was just dumb picking to play with players like Higuain, while he had been playing with Iniesta for ages

>If Messi played for Spain you'd all hate him.
Messi grew up here.Diego Costa was just a Brazilian meme.Noone hated on Senna, in fact, it was one of the most liked players

Nobody cares about their country anymore cause they don't live there. It's just something they do cause they're forced. Messi lived in Spain more than he has in Argentina he doesn't give a fuck about Argentina and would play for Spain if he could choose again

How could he have become a Spanish citizen?

because this retarded bullshit sport is literally all about where you were born. oh look best player alive is born in South Africa welp no premier league or La Liga for you and you won't make it out of group stages. football is such arcaic shit

>How could he have become a Spanish citizen?
He has lived here longer than he did in argentina, and as far as I know laatin Americans can get Spanish citizenship if they have lived 3 years legally here

He can play in premier leage he only can't play in national team competitions except for south Africa.

>also notice how spaniards don't dicksuck Iniesta at all even though he has given them everything\

This is such a salient point. Thanks Ameribro, I never even realised this but you're 100% correct. Probably the same reason why the plastic fantastics are affectionately known as Halal Madrid - no local supporters. Come to think of it, the same is true of Barca and their players too, I get the feeling that as soon as the trophies leave, so will the fans. Spain, wtf is up with your football culture?

That being said, any country with a culture that overvalues sporting heroes would never develop soft-spoken auteurs of the game like Xavi or Inestia outside of autismos like Messi. Penaldo; players like Bradley in the US; any of the 2014 WC Brazilian squad; or literally every player that NZ has ever fielded are prime examples of this. In a countries like NZ, England and USA, being a sporting star is a goddamn golden ticket to fame, fortune, pussy, daddy's love, ANYTHING, from the moment you start playing. Even tired washed up players that were never really that good like Rio Ferdinand can secure a punditry deal once they 'retire' and keep making bank for literally watching people kick a ball and talking about it. It's free money for the personal brand that you cultivate.

This leads to kids that show 'skillful' traits at a young age being rewarded for their abuse of the inability of other LITERAL children with advanced training programs and greater opportunities, even if it's just cause they're more developed. Not only are they constantly told that they're special, but every time they show up against kids that haven't had good coaching these fallacies are confirmed in their minds until they finally reach the big leagues, often with hype following their name. Then, as soon as they're overshadowed, they have no idea how to adapt or work to earn the visions of greatness they have of themselves and they just stagnate til they retire.

messi isnt really shit, hes played in both a WC and copa finals in the last two years

argentina is general arent all that great so its a pretty big achievment for them, literally who GK and shit defence, very little creativity in midfield, di maria missed both games if i recall, higuian choked as usual

>also notice how spaniards don't dicksuck Iniesta at all even though he has given them everything. They'd probably treat messi the same.
Iniesta was given a standing ovation at every Spanish stadium for like 2 years after the World Cup. Today's MARCA issue even put his face on the front page with something like a "Picture perfect player" as the caption

To answer the OP, they're not. They just set the standard way too high at club level so now you expect Messi to score every game along with being the best #10 in the world on a team that has had 0 creative midfield players and not a single striker who can finish efficiently since Milito (who wasn't given call ups anyway).

winner right here

Iniesta is literally god in most of Spain.I dont know where ths meme comes from, he gets ovations in every stadium

too bad Xavi didn't get the same treatment

>too bad Xavi didn't get the same treatment
Kind of true, but Xavi is a closet independentist, or most people think that is true. And he is not as patriotic as Iniesta

Maradona did it.

Maradona needed a handball to win the World Cup.

He also cheated

Xavi is Catalan and very outspoken, almost to Pique levels just without a twitter account.

Iniesta actually comes from Castille and I don't think he has ever said a bad word about any of his opponents

Thru FIFA corruption.

>>play for a country with no history and loaded with metrosexuals
And yet he plays for Barca.

He cheated though

still did it

Allow Messi/Ronaldo to score with their hands in a crucial moment and they'd do it as well

I could win the world cup by myself if I could cheat.

kek, I still remember the gardener memes.Xavi was kind of arrogant.Iniesta is just too good of a person

They lack leadership skills due to their autism and noone actually feels anything if they get subbed out when the team is down 2-0.
At least Nerman cares about being a decent captain for Brazil but these two are too flimsy and self-obsessed.

this. they fell for the meme of giving the armband to your best player.

m8, england could cheat all they want they'd still get dumped out before the semis.

They cheated them already the only world cup they won.