Opium War is underestimated

populstat.info/Asia/chinac.htm
70 million Chinese decreased around UK-Qing Opium War.
Even Mao Zedong's Great Leap decreased 25 million.
KMT-PRC war in 1949 decreased 6 million.

1.5 million had "increased" per year after civilian war in 1920. 5 million per year increased before that.
3 million had "increased" per year steadily for Japan-KMT War. Before that, 3 million per year increased. Same rate.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Theyre chinks, noone gives a flying fuck if they live or die, not even other chinks

Bump for interest and general war crime denial

>Bump for interest and general war crime denial
70 million decrease crime denial.
6 miliion Jew dead propaganda denial.
Are two same?

its a good war

So, your entire argument falls on a population statistics?

You are fantastic historian material.

You are only a jap trying to minimize Japanese atrocities in China, by in some ridiculous way make it seem as if some other group has done worse to china.

Really all it took me was to google "1850 China" to find the real answer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion

There is no such thing as war crimes before 1899. If you were at war with a nation, you were at war with its soldiers, its citizens, its women and its dogs.

The Holocaust happened at a time after a number of international laws of war had been signed and meant a breach of many of them. The Brits in China did not break any laws of war because they didn't exist then.

Also, the First opium war took place about 8 years before the population goes kaput.

You can't even read a graph.

Japs are supposed to be smart, get your shit together.

Reminder that this OP is a notorious legit retard known as Tobirama-kun.
Don't reply to his posts. They are just full of nonsensical gibberish.

Jap is correct and this isssue is in my experience where there is these heat gulf between the way the west understand Chinese history and the way the Chinese do.

biggest, not heat

Oh, nice eloquent argument fellow american.
Surely not a proxy.

Even contemporary Brits recognized that the scale of pillaging and destruction done by the British and French armies was huge.

I lived there for a while.

Still shit argument. You aren't saying anything.
Just that we perceive history different.

Yeah, the war was unjust and all. But no one can make the argument that the first opium war created such a dent in chinese population.

The battles were mostly naval engagements and coastal battles. Battles never exceeded the 10K in each side.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War

you mean your entire life, until you moved to the US?

why is opium war unjust?

No, I don't even know what your point is unless you think it's too unbelievable that someone who isn't Chinese could open up a history book and read about what happened at the Old Summer Palace.

Because the Brits fought for their right to sell drugs in another country.

Each country has the right to regulate whatever they want in their country. It's their country and they have the authority to do it.

The Brits said fuck that and forced the Chinese to continue the Opium trade.

UK won so UK sold optium
Opium broke society, safety, ecnomy.
Many Chinese died.

That means UK killed many Chinese by war and drug.

The stipulations in the resultant treaties aren't defensible.

I'm just busting your balls.

But anyways, where are you also trying to get?

A quick search, showed me that the palace was destroyed in the second war, well into the population dent.

That a simple palace that was destroyed is in some way a sign that the Brits killed millions and millions leading to dent in the chinese population that high? Please, that's ridiculous.

The Brits burned the white house and we don't make shit up about how our population collapsed after that.

>citation needed

The Taiping rebellion had a religious origin. The Qing were trying to subjugate a certain religious group, and that is when the rebellion started.

There is no evidence that opium had anything to do with the rebellion, and actually Hong, the leader of the taiping rebellion banned opium in his territory, Which I imagine is the reason why france and the UK sided with the Qing and not the taiping. Funny that right?

Well as far as death count... China has a cyclical history of famines and civil wars. Im only saying this period of Chinese history is really important to the Chinese-- in a bad way. I think it's this series of wars with the western powers (in which the Chinese are not faultless, btw), and the Japanese war, that Chinese really feel wounded their country, their culture and history. People in the west don't look past Mao, really.

And even if you could make the case that Opium had a significant effect to deteriorate Chinese society, it still not the fault of the brits.

You can't claim war crimes in a war that isn't taking place.

If that's the case, we can say the Japanese are responsible for the Chinese civil war, the Communist coming to power (which can actually be argued), Mao, and all the people that died in his reign.

So, it's all the fault of the Japs.
The eternal jap strikes again. 200 million killed and counting.

UK and France sold weapons to both Qing and Taiping.
UK and France cheered civil war itself.

>UK and France sold weapons to both Qing and Taiping.
>UK and France cheered civil war itself.
That still doesn't make them responsible.
Every single war has had outside countries selling weapons to both sides.

America sold weapons to both sides in WWI, at least at the start. The French sold weapons to the americans in the revolution.

Nonetheless those wars and the subsequent atrocities are the fault of the directly involved. Pointing the finger at some outside country just for selling weapons is simply avoiding taking responsibility for your own actions.

Soviet and communists were enemies for Japan during WW2.
Soviet and communists were allys for USA during WW2.

DRUGS
MUST
FLOW

I don't know what you are trying to say.
Yes, we were allies. There was a temporary truce between the west and the communist to extirpate the fascist threat from the world.

The main ally of the US in China were the nationalist. Not the communists. The Nationalist did 99% of the fighting. China is today a communist nation because the Japanese war destroyed the nationalists. After the war, the nationalists were significantly weakened, while the communists could now fight a fair fight against them. Which led to Mao taking power. He himself mentioned that it was thanks to the japs that the communist managed to take power.

So, thanks Japan. NOT!

I don't want to blame UK's civilians
I blame drug merchant and economic colonists and banks.

Communists are same to globalists, leftists, racemixing shit.
That's why USA stopped supporting KMT after WW2.

Blaming them of what? and with what basis?
You have none.
Your entire argument isn't actually an argument.
You are making huge assumptions.

Was the Opium trade detrimental to Chinese society? Yes, surely.

But it isn't as bad as you are trying to make it. No country has destroyed itself due to drug trade.

China is not a newbie when it comes to rebellion, civil war, famine, etc.

Putting the blame on a conflict that took place 8 years before the massive rebellion is ridiculous.

But it didn't. The US continued to supply arms to the KMT until the very end when they were defeated. Then It protected the chinese nationalists in Taiwan until today.

>Globalist, leftists
The US is none of those things.

Race Mixing can be argued, but that is a result of our demographics, nothing can be done about it.

The Japs had never have to deal with other races, so you can't talk shit.

Also, way to dodge the bullet, and put the blame on others.

The fall of the KMT and the nationalists fighting the japanese invasion is widely covered and discussed.

Thanks for allowing mao to win. Jap.

Blaming them of genocide then at least 70 million died.

By your logic and the argument that you have been trying to push.

Those 70 million are the fault of the Japanese.

Mao killed around the same amount.
Mao is your fault and so is those deaths.
How does it feel?

I don't blame UK's civilian.
I blame drug merchants and economic colonists and banks.

Now, you are just repeating yourself.

Still your government is a direct successor to the Japanese warlords that sacked China. That means that your country is a responsible for the death of around 100 million people in China.

USA and communists were ally.
Japan was enemy.

If Japan cheered communists and communists killed millions, Japan should have some responsibility.
But the responsibility is less than drug merchants because it's easily understood that drug will break society and cause conflict.

I'm getting tired.
You just love making huge assumptions and connecting dots that aren't even close.

The USA and USSR were allies in the sense that they were fighting the same enemy. Even suggesting that the US was pro-communist is the most retarded shit I heard in my life.

THe US supported the KMT in china, and aided them during the entire war. The US didn't aid the Chinese communists and was never friends with them.

Japan wasn't trying to fight communism in Asia. Stop trying to revise history by putting japan as the anti-communist force in Asia. Your entire objectives were empire building. Of which you failed miserably.

The US never "cheered" the communists.

Japan in the other hand destroyed the major opposition to the Chinese communists, the KMT. After the War, they couldn't pose a real fight to the communists, and the desperate situation in china only emboldened the Communist stand. All thanks to the Japanese campaign.

The US tried to help the KMT but the country was inevitably going to turn red after the war.

Also, no. Stop saying that European drug traders had anything to do with the taiping rebellion, because they didn't. At least bring any source or shred of evidence and maybe then we can at least discuss it. but right now, you are simply making stupid suggestions and assumptions.

It's called UK Qing War while French was there.
Fuck the anglo for this revisionism graph

>But the responsibility is less than drug merchants because it's easily understood that drug will break society and cause conflict.
Wow. Have you ever taken a history class in your life? This shit wouldn't fly there. You can't fucking make logical jumps like that without backing what you are saying.

You are literally saying that the indirect effect of selling drugs to a country had a more devastating effect than a literal and direct war and national massacre that took place for 8 entire years.

You are saying that drug traders had a bigger effect in China than a literal invasion by japan.

Fucking IDIOT.

Japan fought against Soviet in 1939.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol
In addition, at the end of WW2, Soviet invaded Manchu and Karafuto so Japan fought.

Manchu was stronger than KMT.
KMT was stronger than PRC.
But Soviet was stronger than Manchu.

If USA wanted to save China from communists, USA must have fought against Soviet.
Supporting KMT is only for money.

トビラマ君は頭が悪過ぎて相手の論点も自分が論駁されてることにも気付けないで意味の無い同じことをただbotのように繰り返すばかり
哀れだなぁ

Stop changing the topic will ya?

The whole reason why the world needed to intervene was your doing. The US wasn't about to start a WW because of you. To fix your mess.

Japan fought a battle against Russia to gain Siberia. To expand it's territory. Not because you were anti-communist or you were fighting for freedom or shit. You simply wanted more land.

"Manchu was stronger than KMT"
No, I think you mean the Japanese army was stronger than KMT. Don't change the labels. It's important to understand that JAPAN was the one to weaken the KMT.

>In addition, at the end of WW2, Soviet invaded Manchu and Karafuto so Japan fought.
Yes, the USSR attacked because you were sitting ducks. You couldn't possibly stand a chance against eh soviets, and they wanted you land. They did the same thing you tried to do to others. How does it feel?

>If USA wanted to save China from communists, USA must have fought against Soviet.
Supporting KMT is only for money.
No, that wouldn't have been necessary.
After the war. The soviets agreed to return all the conquered territory to china. The communists did get stronger from soviet protection, but the soviets nor the Americans were going to directly get involved in the Chinese civil war. They both aided each side. But by the end of the Sino-japanese war. The KMT was too weak to fight, while the communists had emerged relatively unscathed.

It was your fault and your fault alone that the communist beat the KMT.

I thought what you say was about Mao's Great Leap.
If you mean KMT-PRC War, weapon merchent was more responsible than drug merchant.
However, weapon merchants have a llttle chance to save lives but drug merchants only break society and cause conflict.

Clearly not enough.

No, I don't mean that.

Your logic is that the involvement of Britain the Opium war made it responsible for the subsequent events in the taiping rebellion (no proof or sources provided whatsoever to back this up).

So, following your logic. It was the fault of the Japs that Chinese communist won the war, and Mao took power, and then it's the Japs fault for every person that died under Mao rule.

That's your logic. Have at it.

Why would you bother, seriously?

USA more and more encourage Japan to fight against China now.
I want to spread that Japan didn't want to fight but wanted to save Chinese.

OP can be the proof because Chinese population increased while Japan entered in China.

>Japanese impregnated so many chinese women that it had a demographic effect

Stop dumb shit Tobirama kun

To be short, the proposal that Opium War underestimated is true.

>what was the taiping rebellion

Dumb nip

UK sold opium in Guangdong.
Lin Zexu went to Guangdong to ban opium.
UK got angry then war occured.
UK won so UK sold opium more and more.

Society especially around Guangdong was broken.
Many conflict occured.
Hong Xiuquan lived in Guangdong.
Hong Xiuquan decided to cause war.
However, Hong Xiuquan didn't blame UK because UK sold him weapons and Hong Xiuquan believed God but Qing didn't.

学校でまともに勉強しないとこんなにも愚かな人間が出来上がるのか… それにしても酷い

イギリスがアヘン戦争に勝利し、広東省はアヘンまみれになる。
洪秀全は広東省出身。なぜかイギリスを恨まず清を恨み、太平天国の乱を起こす。
イギリスは洪秀全を支援するが、途中から清にも武器を売る。

太平天国の悲劇はイギリスが作った。

Asians please reply