Hey Sup Forums did time exist before the Big Bang or whatever happened at the beginning of our universe? Is time real...

Hey Sup Forums did time exist before the Big Bang or whatever happened at the beginning of our universe? Is time real? What is "real"?
Also other complicated questions, I need honest opinions, please discuss

Time is an invention of man used to measure the rotation of the planet.

Dude that's a good answer but I'm not referring to time as a thing invented by man to keep track of things, I'm referring to the fact of time passing by

TIME DOES NOT EXIST

It's hard for me to doubt your dubs... But give me a reason of why time does not exist? Because it's relative?

I'm not OP but that's just the definition of time in our familiar units. I think he is asking what is time fundamentally? Time is real, because what is happening now is not the same as an hour ago or what ever timeframe. Time is considered the 4th dimension because it is needed for determining/discussing where something is if it's constantly in motion like a planet

Idiot. He just answered that.

Time is just something that stops everything from happening simultaneously. It has nothing to do with the big bang. Put your bong down and read.

OP here, that's what I meant, but then if time is real it means it began it's existence as the universe was born right? And if so, what would you consider the future to be? Is it real or not?

Time is s unit of measurement, it only exist because we say it does.
We are the only species on this planet that abides by time.

Time isnt a thing you dimwit. It is a way for us to understand occurances. Things will still happen if there is no measurement of time. Your question ceases to make sense. The future is anything ahead of this immediate instance.

Not as a measure of unit dude, we're not talking seconds, hours or whatever, it's the concept of time as a continous flow

No, hours/minutes are units. Time is a reference for humans to use. Other animals use time just not as specifically as us.

Of course things will still happen, that's no surprise, I didn't think there's someone that has to constantly keep track of it or else things won't move on

At some point after the Big Bang during the expanding universe time began. Space and time are thought to be interlinked and when the universe was small hot and still expanding space and time where severely twisted but as the universe cooled and expanded it became more uniform

You should read "A History Of Time" by Stephen Hawking
answers all your questions and more. But in the book the answer to that question was that the answer was irrelevant because nothing happened worth noting before the Big Bang.
future and past are very very similar and only used as a means by humans to differentiate the days. Time is not a straight line, it bends, curves, and does things there probably wont be words for even centuries down the road. What is real is a completely different topic completely.

How can a animal use time if it doesn't know it exists, animals use the sun/moon weather/seasons to dictate there actions.
Exactly the same as we did before the invention of time

This is like
And this kinda completes the question... I'll have to check the book out, but then what can be defined as "real"?

But if they dictate their actions it means they do have some sort of self awareness, some animals even recognize themselves in the mirror, which might or might not be a big thing

>implying watching for specific phases of the moon is not tracking time

Animals use time for all kinds of times, when to hunt or sleep, when to mate. A simple example is some sea turtles come to lay their eggs on land only during certain times of year under the full moon.

Time is a manmade invention.

The only way to tell past from present would be to measure total entropy.

And guess what, dingus? Placement of sun/moon and the seasons are other measurements of time!

>Defined as real
That's a hard one because it's can be a philosophical and/sciencific answer

Watch a movie called "what the bleep do we know"

This must be bait.

This user knows what's up. Pretty hard to say what's real because it's more of a philosophical answer than a science-science answer.

Yeah that's true, it ends up being probably more philosophical than anything else, thanks for the suggestions though user, very much appreciated

From our perspective, time is the entropy vector of the universe.

You can't be this retarded seriously ?

Dubs confirm

Dude, how would you explain how animals do things regularly otherwise? Migrations, breeding and other stuff