So im gonna be 21 soon and im looking to buy a great hand gun. i was thinking the p226. any other suggestions?

so im gonna be 21 soon and im looking to buy a great hand gun. i was thinking the p226. any other suggestions?

What about buying something not violent or dangerous?

Doesn't work like that.

You should try several models and get the one that suits you better.

Colt 45.

Cant do anything wrong with a colt 1911

do you have any experience with guns? cant go wrong with the 226, its a very well made gun. i recommend getting it in 9mm if its your first gun, 40 tends to be a bit difficult for new shooters and 357sig is a bit more obscure and hard to find ammo for. with 9mm, you can practice plenty with ammo easily cheaper than 20cpr

How bout you shut your cum trap

P226 is a good every day carry. Compact 1911, USP, Cz, all good carries. I'd see which one of those feels best in your hands. I carry a Taurus judge. Not super practical but idgaf.

Plus the mag holds a lot more (if you're not a calicuck)

What about not being a little faggot a gun is only violent and dangerous in the wrong hands. It's violent in the same way a knife is

Why don't you buy a book instead?

Why don't you buy a dildo?

id suggest you also look at:

Glock
Springfield XD
S&W M&P

and try to sample them all before buying to see which you like the best. i personally dont care for the way Sigs shoot, I like striker fired pistols myself for the consistency in trigger pull

Wait 21? Are you in cuckafornia?

Because OP isn't a faggot who reads books

You should start with a smw. 600, or of you want something a bit easier to handle, a .50 AE

Buy a Glock 19. Best all around pistol in existence.

Why don't you get the fuck out of Sup Forums with this shit and take it to /k/ where it belongs.
I'd be more than happy to help you there, but as long as you're here with it you're a basement dwelling a attention whore who can go suck nigger dick with your troll posting

21 to buy a handgun is a federal law dipshit

go for one that feels the best, don't get attached to a certain model and pass over something that suits you better.

caliber and reputation are also good considerations, you don't want a crappy Yugo gun in an obscure caliber to taint your first handgun owning experience.

Don't buy Colt, you're paying more for the name than anything. Get a Springfield range officer. Affordable for a 1911 and quality is the same as Colt

It really depends on what your prior experience is and what you plan to do with the gun. If you are looking for a low-budget, reliable, concealable, manageable recoil gun with decent stopping power, I would highly recommend a revolver in a smaller caliber like .38 special. There are no safeties and very simple to clean/take apart so you have to learn to do less motor movement when deploying in a self defense situation, and they're much easier to conceal due to less mechanical crap.

If you're just looking for a home defense gun, or even just a "training" pistol to learn how to shoot, anything 9mm or .380 ACP is going to be a good bet. Ruger makes some great guns in the mid 300s that are great for practice.

Best advice I have ever been given though is to pick the gun that feels and shoots the best for you. Go to a range that rents guns or borrow from friends and go try them out at the range. Shoot many different models and sizes. Find one that fits in your hand and you can handle the recoil on and shoot accurately. A .22lr that hits its mark every time is more "deadly" than a .454 casul that you can't hit a target five feet away from.

I absolutely love my Ruger SR1911 .45 but it isnt very practical.
I carry``` a Bersa Thunder .380 as my conceal carry.

Buy an good Cz-75 pistol, but not that Cz-75 auto shit. It's a good gun with good recoil controll and a nice handling.

Bersas are trash, throw that thing away. Also nice trips m8

Also a bit expensive, but Rock Island Armory sells great 1911 copies...I highly recommend their commander sized guns for those looking at a 1911. I'm not a huge fan of Kimbers (lower quality) but those can be alright for the money too.

Pick up an SP2022. You'll get the Sig look and feel and know if you really like their style or not without breaking the bank.

really hard to go wrong with the simplicity and durability, i was this poster but i also recommend glocks highly. i prefer them over sig pistols. OP you need to go out and shoot them all, every brand and model, try them out. ask friends who have guns to take you to the range, or rent them. you might find that while they hold well on the store counter, they dont recoil or shoot the way you thought they would. variables like bore height over frame, construction materials like polymer vs steel, recoil systems, etc. everything effects the way it shoots. keep in mind minor things like sights can be a dealbreaker. for example, most guns you can easily swap sights out, but a beretta 92 series has its sights milled into the slide, so it is not easily swapped out. keep an eye out for little differences like that among the different guns you shop around for. rails, grip width, gun width, etc

good luck

trips o truth

buy a book then a gun, then hide gun in the book

THIS! I carry an older Ruger P97DC (45 acp) and it's a wonderful gun for a cheap price. Great gun and very reliable with no safeties (great for conceal carry).

>no cars
>no silver where
>no power tools
>to heavy weights
>no bicycles
you can always buy bubble wrap

Glock 19, walther p99, cz75

I actually own a kimber, personally not my favorite but it's a tight fit and reliable. Got it for $800 flat, would never pay full price for one

jesus, you think a RIA 1911 copy is expensive?? dont take a look at les bauer, wilson combat, or nighthawk. lol what is your piece of choice, a hi point?

That Sig is the best fucking pistol you will ever own.

look into a 9mm Springfield XD Mod2, they hold plenty of ammo (not sure if they have a CA legal one though), the grip is very comfortable, and the trigger is AMAZING

>silver where

He cant get that either, its a suffocation hazard for children

you can kill with bubble wrap

You didn't mention what you intended the gun to be for. Find what you like best by renting out guns at your LGS. Polymer pistol either Glock, S&W or Springfield ain't a bad start. Or if you're into all metal, a 1911. They're pretty much mostly the same. Maybe even a 92 fs. No recs for wheel guns, however.

Hence why I said a bit expensive...there are way cheaper 1911 copies than RIA, but they're great quality for the price. I realize there are more expensive units, but RIA isn't "cheap" either.

And a Ruger P97DC.....45 ACP in a reliable package and was purchased for under $400 and I would trust my life on it. Much better quality than a lot of crap on the market these days. Is it a pretty, fancy gun with a ton of tacticool shit on it? No, but it gets the job done and eats any ammo I feed it.

Pretty sure he was referring to the Springfield

How much training with handguns do you have?

If none, I'd find a friend that could help you make a choice. I hate sounding like a broken record on /k/, but you can really never go wrong with a Glock. You just gotta decide which one is good for you.

any more like that?

Recs for wheel guns...any S&W J-frame snubbies or Taurus (although not as good quality as they used to be) are decent bets. Just depends on the price range he's looking to spend.

Maybe he'll buy you some balls for your faggot sack?

We post things we hate about ourselves and others try to say something positive about it

Ill start
I haven't gone out in months. All my friends went to school while I was stuck paying for community college and working at a dunkin doughnuts with a bunch of shithead 16 year olds, who actually go out and drink and smoke almost every weekend while I go home and play video games. I feel like a total hermit and worst of all im starting to be moderatly happy with it

It was a gift and I have fired about 400 rounds through it and it is very accurate with no hang ups at all.
Plus it's not a bad looking gun.

(stock image, not my actual gun.)

This. It's all personal preference. Find one that fits your hand the best and you can easily handle.

silver there

i was just busting your balls, you made it sound like RIA were unaffordable. they are excellent pistols for the money, i would buy one over comparable price point springfield if i was in the market for a 1911

i also recommend rugers highly. ruger is a company that only makes durable tank-like products that run for years with the hottest loads. i would buy a ruger p97 over some crap kimber any day

Pass on sigs... they're overpriced and unreliable. My bro had a hell of a time with his P238. After firing, it would eject the casing and then the next round would end up half an inch down the barrel. He tried oiling it, not oiling it, and even sent it into MFG to have it do the same thing. They're not worth the money when there are many other reliable MFGs out there

This Glocks are fantastic guns easy to handle easy to shoot and easy to disassemble and clean.

my sig p226: never failed to feed, never failed to fire, and its excellent DA/SA trigger system minimizes opportunities for negligent discharges. Trust with my life. Pic related

>posting Horsey

howd you get the grip wrap to stay? is it sticky or tied somehow?

Get the double Glock.

Hk usp

>not posting the m107
Do you think this is a fucking game?

great gun however I wouldn't buy a new one. Mine was a police trade in and i was able to pick it up for 500 just a little dinged up from carrying however the internals are brand new

>)
Don't forget the good ol Ruger "unspoken" guarantee ....basically if you send anything in and it has broken from regular use, more often than not they'll fix it on their dime. It's not officially in writing so they're not lawfully bound to it, but I've heard of many people getting great service for cheap or free from Ruger. Overall a great budget-friendly company for work-horse guns.

Get the 45mm Glock&Wesson

Like many have said, the G19 is a great gun. I liked mine...but I didn't love it. I've had both a gen 3 and gen 4. I prefer SIG's to the glocks, only because I don't have an HK yet, I suppose.

The 226 is a fantastic gun, but a bit big to carry. May consider getting a 229 if you want to carry it. Or go old school and get a 228 (my favorite).

Walther PPS M2. Compact enough to carry. Super nice.

it's adhesive, cloth sports tape, i applied sharpie camo to the tape on my 226 before I wrapped it

I wouldn't carry anything magazine disconnect. Just trade it for a shield

>controlling the government

It's actually called domestic terrism. Get waterboarded.

>Pass on sigs... they're overpriced and unreliable.

kek. sigs are considered some of the finest and most reliable weapons ever devised by man. your brother is probably a limp wristing faggot.

trips of LIES.
seriously you have no idea what you're talking about.

>at first I was like: Fuck da gubbament

But then I was like...

I always respect Sigs, Para compacts, Glocks, CZ, and H&K... And I'm a fucking Texasfag.

I guess I'm really bad at liking American firearms.

.45? Enjoy your 7-8 rounds and 3 extra magazines. .50AE? Yeah, why not carry a machine gun instead?
For a daily carry, your gun has to be light, reliable and has to have a viable amount of rounds (incl. magazine). You're not gonna perform sharpshooter tricks and need high accuracy on 50m. You gun must still work after falling onto the ground and even when falling into sand.
I'd recommend a 9mm and something like a Glock (or look at the pic posted above)

Baby Eagle III. It's really a Jericho 941 but the most refined version to date

>/b
>wrong hands
lol

Revolver

Most american hand guns are fuck ugly. 1911 is peak sexiness, obviously, but Im talking about modern stuff. Like the M&P line are probably the ugliest firearms ever to grace the market.

How many rounds are you intending to fire in one incident? If you're up against more than 3 people, don't bother drawing. If you're not, 8 rounds of 45 is more than enough.

The logic is down-syndrome worthy...I can buy a semi-automatic rifle at 18 but a handgun? NOOO WAIT 3 more years cuz liberal dipshits.

if
>its your fist gun
>you intend to carry it
>youre on a budget
then id get a striker fired over DA/SA. theres nothing wrong with DA/SA, its just a bit more of a "step up" then say a glock which is much more simple and perfect to start with. Or you can just get a good old .38 revolver and go target shooting

Couple of sig fags in here. Why carry a gun that doesn't feed correctly a third of the time? You're overpaying for a piece of shit that'll get u killed when you need it.

What do you want a gun for? self defense? just to shoot for fun? an investment? Go to a gun range and shoot as many rentals as possible.

I have an M P shield 9 mm, its beautiful and conceals very nicely

>don't like it
>must be bait

Obama will declare marshal law any day now.

My current pistols, judge me Sup Forums

I mostly shoot for fun.

I open carry my Taurus Judge in bear/cougar country and I conceal a public defender.

The open I load with .45 LC
The Public Defender 410

yes, 9mm FMJ goes straight thru. But unless you plan shooting thru doors, there's a nice invention called HP.

Ahhh the glock ripoff s&w

It's a lot harder to sneak in an assault rifle into small spaces than it is to sneak a handgun.

buy a tank
it costs 50000

Clearly the only option. My daily concealed carry!