Daily reminder that if you favor any kind of energy over nuclear, you are an uneducated faggot

Daily reminder that if you favor any kind of energy over nuclear, you are an uneducated faggot.

Daily reminder that if you actively argue against investing in nuclear energy, you are an even bigger cock gobbler and you should kill yourself before your cancerous views infect other voters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump, would like to see world explode.

So when the fusion reactor in France goes online and proves just how obsolete and dangerous nuclear power is, we should ignore it?

>Misconception #1

Unless you used the money to buy a bunch of (now obsolete) light water reactors, there is no way anything like this could happen

I energy myself thanks

The nuclear fusion reactor? Yeah, that'll show the world how obsolete and dangerous nuclear power is.

I wish had your gift of clairvoyance. Why didn't you stop 9/11?

>misconception #1

"This ship can't sink."

- Captain of the Titanic

*I had

We've already got a gargantuan self-powered nuclear fusion reactor constantly emitting more than enough energy to power the entire planet.

It's called the sun. Invest in solar.

this

No the magnetic fusion reactor you fucking halfwit.
ITER - read up on it you fucking clown.

By all means, feel free to explain to me how it's physically possible for a molten salt reactor to melt down.

I submit Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors for your approval.

Nice meme about the Titanic by the way. Unfortunately, advertising slogans are not the same thing as physical facts.

Damn, when did France go all Fallout?

I don't like nuclear energy because i'm scared of explosions

Fuck you OP

Solar panels are toxic after their life is up

"Meme"

What happens when the sun goes down moron? Good luck storing that power.

Nuclear is just as clean, far more reliable, cheaper, and fuels like Thorium are extremely abundant. It's also less environmentally invasive. So called "green" energy always takes up massive amounts of room.

>explosions
the worse thing you'll get out of a reactor is nuclear contamination, they don't explode like a nuclear bomb would

the power of god

You mean a device fusing the nuclei of atoms to generate power? What's the term for when nuclei are fused? Could it be "nuclear fusion"?

Please do the world a favour and ask your doctor about sterilization.

chernobyl

I flavor the energy grape. I'm not sure what flavor is nuclear. I have to the searchings this word. Is anybody flavor the apple when vomit energy grape insofaras?

>So called "green" energy always takes up massive amounts of room.
And then there's the fact that for most "green" technologies, the waste from manufacturing them far outweighs what they save over their expected life.

NIF master race

>cancerous views
>nuclear energy
Kek

That's easy, just don't turn off all the fucking safety overrides before throwing the reactor into a dangerous test.

"Immediately after the anguish of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will give no light, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken."

Like I said, I admire your clairvoyance in knowing what a disaster a reactor that hasn't been completed is going to be.

Off yourself. Fusion reactors aren't my area of expertise, (I'm more interested in breeders) but it's obvious that you're just fearmongering because your 8th grade science teacher told you that nuclear was bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo

Have you ever even played Fallout? Lawl

There's no way we can see for it to fuck up, until it does.

Ahh yes, sky lasers. How could I forget those?

MOAR THORIUM REACTORS PLZ

It won't.

this

Why when anyone mentions solar energy do people automatically assume photovoltaic panels?

I never said it was going to be a disaster.

Learn to read.
The picture is you.

Don't build light water reactors then. LWRs are obsolete and if you use modern designs instead then every single argument against nuclear power vanishes.

ikr
Shit's everywhere. Where do they put it after mining? Back in the hole? A lake? Fed to a Nigerian?

Fuck you Hillary Clinton staffer, I'm not buying into your nuclear energy schemes.

just people takin pics of missiles going of bruhhhhhthur

>There's no way we can see for it to fuck up, until it does.
That's not as deep or insightful as you think.

Wasn't there some relatively new giant glass ball that had really good energy returns?

If you want to use other means of collection, it'll be far less efficient and you'll need to cover even MORE land to use it.

And it's STILL only working half the time, at best.

Post this shit in sci and you will get rekt faggot

I didn't say it was, it's basically human condition to learn from mistakes.

No, clearly they want to use the sky lasers for power. That makes sense, as he said "power of God' in a thread about energy.

>nuclear
>clean
you're a fucking moron man its incredible you believe that like wow. You are so fucking stupid man its crazy i cant even right now you know? you are such a fucking idiot like wow WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

If mirrors aren't real, how can our eyes be real?

could we not lock all the tumblerinas in a room and harness the power of their righteous indignation?

>it's contained though.
>landfills are clean because they are contained.

>when the fusion reactor in France goes online and proves just how obsolete and dangerous nuclear power is
You're right, "disaster" was not the exact wording you used. Feel free to substitute the original wording in for "disaster," and everything I said will still be true, you fucking mongoloid.

nah i was trying to be all epic and say that nuclear is told of in le bible.

i guess not on your Sup Forums. they do have lasers that will shoot missiles but they call them something else

thorium reactors are far less dangerous than uranium, but thorium doesn't have weapons grade byproducts, so no mass market appeal

>Why when anyone mentions solar energy do people automatically assume photovoltaic panels?

solar updraft towers

In that case, I am extremely concerned about the dangers of solar power. I don't want a solar power plant to explode near my home or my future children, so I will vote against it.

I know you didn't specifically recommend solar, but that's what you sound like. You're retarded. Your statement can be applied to literally anything.

>thorium reactors are far less dangerous than uranium, but thorium doesn't have weapons grade byproducts, so no mass market appeal

thorium is not cost effective, it runs at 2000 degrees and uses corrosive salts.

How did that work out for Chernobyl, Long Islannd and Fukushima?

Hey.. let's not talk about how these 'clean' reactors are actually thousands of times more dangerous than most US coal plants. Don't forget that mentioning how they are constantly leaking, or the fact that they are in serious disrepair states across the US. Going decades beyond their normal operation usage. What could go wrong..

Nuclear Engineering Intern here

AMAA

As opposed to your life being toxic now.

>There's no way we can see for it to fuck up, until it does.
non physicists talking about physics.

I have a BSc in Physics (not that it matters) but that shit is plain wrong

What's your favourite curtain material?

and they don't make massive areas of land uninhabitable for 10,000 years when they go wrong.

Chernobyl happened because Russia
No one died in Three Mile island, and it was user error
Fukushima happened because of a tsunami
>fuck you

Plants have been converting solar energy into chemical energy since before the first multicellular organisms crawled out of the oceans.

Coal is basically just stored solar energy. So are crops. Unless you're talking geothermal then pretty much all energy sources originated as solar but we're just shit at utilising it because we're acting like all those sources are infinite.

If we didn't waste so much land and energy on useless shit then the problem would be more or less sorted out already.

are the majority of incidents that occur around nuclear power plants related to their old age, or could they happen to the most modern designs used today
>three mile island
>chernobyl
>fukashima

lol this is a troll but I fell for it.

Nuclear is the safest per terrawatt hour of any energy source including renewable. Google it if you don't believe me. NASA recently came out with a study saying it's prevented 1.8million+ deaths that would have been due to externalities from coal and oil plants. Plants are lasting past decommission date because they are built so steadily and can continue to last. Nuclear plants are unbelievably safe environments. The only plants I know of that have "leaks" are boiler plants but that only extends to the parking lot which you need security clearance to get into anyways, and it's a level lower than normal background radiation.

Um, isn't magnetic fusion also a form of nuclear power?

I mean, I think Nucular energy is definitely cleaner than coal and more efficient than most others. But the real question is, what if shit gets fucked up?

TELL ME HOW YOU CONTAIN RADIATION SAFELY FOR 10-200000 YEARS
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU PUT THAT SAFELY FOR THAT FUCKING LONG

build a fire, chill with your bros and the next day, we all start on building a new su oh wait we could just use that nuclear reactor OP was yammerin on about. fuck it, we good

Send it towards the sun

store it in a crystalline medium then put it in a cave under a mountain.

just send it to the moon

With nuclear fusion is it ever going to be possible to have a net gain in energy since you need to at least equal the energy output of the reaction in order to contain it safely and then each stage of conversion you lose some of it before it ends up finally as electric?

Doesnt matter what ya'll think brah, CO2 turbines the next thing in high-energy density power production.

You can't stop what the nwo wants!
Just keep being sheep
Jet fuel can't melt Steel beams!
Jet fuel can't melt Steel beams!

Mister, propane is clean burning and efficient. Sweet lady propane is my only energy source, ill tell ya hwat.

>next UN meeting on climate change mitigation
>Sup Forums delegate has the room
'Get rid of useless shit'

>rapturous applause
>cheers of joy
>climate change solved

>Blames Russia - Yet uses basically the same technology.
>Claims that no one died from the hot particles..
>Tsunami's are terrorist.

These are all prime examples of shit that can and does go wrong.

Better ban those Tsunami's, Earthquakes, Meteors, Hurricanes, Tornadoes and Human Error. Hue

On the off chance that this is not an ironic post:

Unlike fossil fuels, which release waste into the atmosphere, nuclear power plants only release easily contained solid waste. This is only a problem because our obsolete reactors are so inefficient, and give off so much of the stuff. When we burn uranium, we are only using as little as ~.5% of its energy potential.

Contrast this with a breeder reactor, which creates more fissile material as it goes. (Using some other fuel, which is where the thorium meme comes from.) In a thorium reactor, you'll have far less waste, and of the waste you do have, 85% of it only needs to be stored for a short period of time. There is the remaining 15% which needs to be stored for 300 years, but this is easily done.

It's especially easily done when you consider that 4 or 5 thousand tons of thorium could power the ENTIRE WORLD FOR A YEAR.

Some shitty country?

This so fucking much. Today OP was not a faggot

explain how magnets work

>not cost effective
>orders of magnitude more common than uranium

Corrosive salts and high heat are both easily accounted for.

"Put fat people in giant wheels attached to generators and force them to give all that energy back to society."

>instant utopia

>Your statement can be applied to literally anything.
That's right. Now stop being butthurt over solar power and try to notice what situation has the best worst outcome.
>wind farm might crush a guy
>solar farm might take light away from the grasses underneath the location
>meltdown leading to centuries of area contamination and hundreds of deaths

The worst explosion you're going to get from renewable energy is electronic. If you've ever worked in a trade you'll know what a risk assessment is, try doing one of those for a nuclear reactor. Now do one for a bunch of giant fans.

>let's not talk about how these 'clean' reactors are actually thousands of times more dangerous than most US coal plants
First off, I'd like to see your statistics for this, because you're wrong.

Secondly, you're talking about Light Water Reactors. As has been mentioned in this thread a thousand times, those are demonstrably obsolete and dangerous.

>That the fat could be utilized in a manner that is more efficient than muscle tissue.

>Look Mom, I'm being edgy on the internets.

>300 years
That's actually quite impressive. Go forth and build me some of these forium protractors.

You sound like one of those fuckwits who doesn't understand how or why chernobyl happened,

Read up on chernobyl, educate yourself

Understand how many people had to fuck up and how many fuckups had to come together to make that happen, and how rare it would be if there was a competent staff.

Now, if you want a good example on why nuclear energy isn't very safe, I would use Fukushima as an example. No human error, the place was simply hit by an earthquake and tsunami.

who gives a shit. no one cares hippie. you're dumb and gay also too

you're just here to jack off to people disagreeing with a jackass tier opinion

Highly recommend you read up on these as they're all really really interesting.

>Three mile island
Happened due to an inability to accurately and sensibly transfer information. There was a maintenance problem, and no good way to figure out what the problem was, one problem led to many small problems and a few big ones, and the control centers at the time were not equipped to discern small alarms from big alarms, so the smaller problems were prioritized essentially, which led to it having to be shut down. It's more complicated than that but the short answer is no, it wouldn't happen because control rooms have been revamped to display more information and prioritize alarms, and maintenance errors happen far less frequency due to the indepth nature of procedures.

>chernobyl
dumbass mistake, russian plant decided to turn off a reactor to see how long the turbine would spin if a shut down happened. Many other reactors were asked to perform the experiment and denied it for a reason. They then proceeded to turn on extra coolant valves (which they are never supposed to do) which caused the reactor's pressure to build higher. technically yes it could happen but it would only happen if many, many federal laws and regulations were broken, and would require almost 100+ people to agree in helping them be broken

>fukishima
another dumbass mistake, built on/near a huge fault line and in a very typhoon heavy area. Knew they could have installed safeties before hand but didn't. Didn't put out a full response team because they were scared of panic. Could technically happen again but won't. Companies (including the one I'm working at) have spent billions to ensure it wouldn't happen to them since the accident.

All of these accidents occurred due to poor planning/execution in the 60-70s and have been almost 100% remedied since

Retard OP there isn't enough enriched uranium available to have Nuclear energy for even half the world if we wanted it.

>meltdown leading to centuries of area contamination and hundreds of deaths

Confirmed for not reading the thread.

India seems to be the only nation taking thorium seriousy.
you gonna let the poo in loo brigade beat you to the glory?

According to the current law of physics, no IIRC. I'm not big into fusion, I know the push is for cold fusion but AFAIK perpetual motion is currently 100% impossible, which means net + energy definitely is as well.

lead

Basically the same tech
With half of the same safety procedures
Plus not as well built facilities in the first place because cutting corners because USSR.
>NO ONE DIFIRED IN THREE MILE ISLAND YOU CUNT
Because tsunamis can hit mainland Japan and other countries, right?
Because nuclear plants don't already have a fuck load of safety procedures and systems in place for most natural disasters (like a tornado is gonna cause a meltdown) by people who know what the fuck they're doing.
>pretty sure you're not a nuclear physicist either
>and I'm just repeating what my friend told me who wrote a whole damn college essay on this

let the slavs run it....

where theirs an idiot theirs a way....

Assuming it ever does come online, they're so far behind the roadmap, and terribly over budget.