Alright Sup Forums, I want to start watching ice hockey, What's the best team and why? (not only this year but recently)

Alright Sup Forums, I want to start watching ice hockey, What's the best team and why? (not only this year but recently)
I kinda like the Canadiens but don't know enough about the sport to say I support them.

Penguins won the stanley cup so them.
Capitals, Black Hawks, and Blues are usually pretty good each year.

Make sure you pick an eastern team if you actually want to stay up and watch the games.

Or if good advice is something you like to ignore, please cheer for the Oilers

Well I'd rather watch the NHL than some garbage ass hockey league in Europe...

Hop on the Nevada train.

red wings/flyers/islanders/lightning/sharks/blues make the playoffs like 80% of the time they've existed

Root for the Toronto Maple Leafs

First semen demon to play in the NHL and the middle dude is pic related.

Cantpucks all the way. Best city in North America, awesome and loyal fans, and a consistently great team year in and year out.

Sharks, Stars or Bolts

cuckpuck is shit. watch football instead

Join us

I meant an eastern time zone team. That will get you to be 3 hours earlier. Cheering for a team like LA is brutal for European fans

>handegg

>rags

most of the dumbfucks here are going to greentext me for saying this but you should cheer for the toronto maple leafs

they are drafting first overall this year and have a lot of good young talent as well as one of the best coaches in the sport. good team if you want to actually watch the growth of the team. more rewarding experience IMO

>l
>a
>f
>f
>s

another plus of cheering for the leafs is you'll have a lot more fellow fans to talk to whether it's on twitter/blogs/other boards or on here

also from what i've seen we're bros with the foreigners in our gamethreads and explain shit if needed

That sounds cool, I think I'm going to watch some games of different teams and then decide which one I like the best... When does the new season start?

October 12th

October

Thats a long time :'(

>handegg
Only 11 minutes of action
>ice hockey
60 minutes, minimum, of action. You may even see a fight or two.

Fuck handegg.

Pick the NY Islanders. Their star player, John Tavares, is of Portuguese descent.

But it's worth the wait.

>Portugal
I myself recommend the New York
>rags

>rags

Don't listen to this fuck, he's trolling you.

Join Rags for hype only to disappoint and end up never winning. Kind of like Portugal in international football t.bh

If you want to full out meme go for where Pulju ends up in the draft. Sabres, Preds or Blue Jackets for muh non-mainstream teams

You could torrent games of the playoffs that just ended, that would give you a bunch of games to watch, they'd be quality games, and you could get a feel for cuckpuck so you'd be ready for next season when it starts.

Also, don't bandwagon the Crapitals. Trust me on this.

What you could do is watch the meme World Cup of Hockey in September, and then look out for players you like watching play and support the team they're on.

For Finns California or Vancouver might even be better than East Coast. Of course for Portugal East Coast is the obvious choice.