I leave for USMC bootcamp in a month. Any Marines on Sup Forums that can give some helpful advice, funny storys, etc?

I leave for USMC bootcamp in a month. Any Marines on Sup Forums that can give some helpful advice, funny storys, etc?

Pic semi related

Good on you, user. Welcome to the yellow footprint club. MOS?

Sorry Sup Forumsro I couldn't be arsed reading your post, but hahahaha how cringy is that image?

>we've already done it
>we

So what, a group of rough housing early settlers decided to let a future neckbeard memester come on some kind of murder crusade with them? sure

Marines are dumbest people I've ever met.

They don't fight intelligibly. They have the oldest equipment. They get sent anywhere for up to 90 days via the president without war ever being declared. They're all stupid as fuck.

That's why they have the highest mortality rate of any branch.

Also the highest suicide rate.

Enjoy being a member of the world's largest and best-funded terrorist network.

Give up your entire mind.Do exactly as your CO says,no questions.If he says stand at attention,and then motions to the barracks,stand your ass there,he didnt verbally state to go to the barracks,
You're a puppet

I was US Army Infantry (11B).

It was fucking gay and not worth it. It's basically a glorified high school locker room.

yuropeeins
eternally bootyblasted

You shouldn't give your life over to those fucks. Have some self worth, OP.

>americans
>eternally stuck in a time when their country wasn't a total piece of shit

Also I'm from Clermont in Ohio, but okay

Should have joined the AF. Hotter chicks

I've got quite a humorous story. I went overseas to kill dark skinned human beings in the name of self defense. Anyone else know what I mean? Lol merica

lol Marines.

Have fun being a jarhead you mouth breather.

5811, military police

Good luck boot

Woah, is that George Orwell?

try not to get killed. semper fi nigga.

0621 radio operator here.

dont get a shitty MOS.

Then git, ya bloody Tory

Take your oath seriously. When you raise your hand to swear, remember that it is the Constitution which you are swearing to defend. If you break your oath, what do you have left as a man? Your word is the most precious thing u have. Do not be forsworn.

pussies detected. Whats wrong with killing brown people? Theyre woman beating pedophiles and dont tell me theyre not. Ive been there I've seen this shit with my own eyes. They have no manhood left in them so why not have some fun and kill them? its better than accruing 160k in debt for a bullshit degree that may or may not get you a desk job

boot

First 48 hrs are the worst hell you can imagine. Don't let them break you. Do not bother with CAPTCHAs anymore you are now a robot.

Marine here, don't listen to these neckbeards, OP. Everyone talking shit is too afraid to leave the comfort of their moms house to go out and better themselves. You are taking a huge step in a much better future. Being a marine helped my finish school, buy a house once I got out, gave me tremendous amounts of confidence and life experience to get a well paying job (80k/year. Not filthy rich by any means but There is tons of room for promotion and benefits), and most importantly gave me a "get the job done by any means" attitude. It'll be a rough time but believe me you are gonna look back and not have a single regret with this decision. I personally cried once I was handed my EG&A

Dude you sit behind a computer jacking it all day, don't lie

>ohio
ah that explains your hatred for america.

Sure, call me a boot. I've been out of the service for 10 years, kid. We need good people in the service to actually SERVE. We need American marines and soldiers to have the spirit of 1776, to revere the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights. But yeah, call me a boot if it makes you feel cool.

Boot

Such a fucking faggot.

herp derp 1776 herp derp muh culture.

Have fun having gay sex

This user gets it. Just remember once you earn that title, that is a sacred brotherhood that stays with you for life and nothing anyone says or does can take that away from you

The few. The proud. The dead on the beach.

Make sure they issue you a can of squelch. If not ask your drill sergeant for one. Make sure you refer to him as drill sergeant.

The USMC sucks as for quality of life while in service. Join the Air Force if you want education and to be treated like a human rather than a bullet stopper.

This guy's right. There are gonna be shitbags and shitbirds. But do what you have to do. And remember, before you're a marine you're an American, and before you're an American, you're a man. Always follow your conscience first. Remember, Semper Fidelis means always faithful. Most will take it as a punchline. I chose to prove the motto true. What will you choose?

Nah it's a brilliant place with some lovely people, but it's so encrusted with fucking stupidity and blind loyalty that it's easy to see why we make the entire world simultaneously facepalm. And yeah lol, Ohio.

Just don't be a pussy.

That includes not ruining your body trying to be tough - went 11 miles on a broken ankle in air-splint for Chesty. Now facing foot amputation and prosthesis to address pain - if you break a bone, give it time to heal.

And for God's sake, if you get 2147 for an MOS GET OUT NOW - worst job in the Corps, less than 5% reup rate. It sounds cool, but it is most definitely NOT. Never be a mechanic in a mech unit run by infantry commanders. NEVER NEVER NEVER, go tracks or tanks or artillery or anything but 2147.

Never back down to anyone you outrank, ever. Boot camp is a fucking cakewalk compared to MCT and SOI. Don't wear your blues home after graduation, it reveals you don't know anything yet.

The fleet is easier, even with field days and barracks life - don't be a fucking jackass, marry and inseminate a dependent broad just to get out of it. If you do, there's a line of Marines that will fuck your wife the instant you step on an LCAC to do a pump. Happens to EVERY FUCKING ONE OF US that has a woman we think is trustworthy, the best you can hope for is she's a sociopath who won't feel the slightest bit guilty about all the swords she swallows while you're away and therefore won't need to cry about it and beg for forgiveness.

That's about it - o yeah - and if you put your balls on another dudes face because they pass out, and your buddy takes a picture of it, you're both gay. Leave the passed out guy alone and go suck each other's cocks.

This is so pathetic.

If you need an organization to give you meaning in a package, you left there without having any constitution in the first place besides the ability to follow orders. You (like any soldier) is part of a well funded institution that defends corporate interests by monopolizing violence at the expense of your life (and no, Haliburton or George Bush don't care about you at all).

You can continue to make make these big prideful tirades about how you're part of some elite whatever or that you're somehow superior by signing your life away on a dotted line, but plenty of us know better. You know what really means something? Having enough maturity and awareness at age 18 to realize it's not a good idea to (literally) become property of the US government under the guise of "defending our nation."

What you did takes no balls, and you're lying to yourself everyday you pretend you did something remotely honourable or even worth mentioning.

And just for the record, I was combat infantry (11B) in the US Army. I've already done all this and know what I'm talking about.

Enjoy being a brainwashed slave for the international western terrorism. Damn how stupid people are for god's sake!

kek

"And just for the record, I was combat infantry (11B) in the US Army."

Of course you were tiger, ROWR!

You're the exception. Most marines go back to civilian life and get a shit job or end up at community college and never finish

>You don't agree with me so you must be lying.

>Muh honor

When in combat, show up and kill everything in sight. This is the only plan you need. The Army still has not figured out how to put this in a PowerPoint.

Right, so only the dumb, disloyal merc faggots should join, huh? We need better people to climb the ranks and bring honor back to the service. But sure, your way is better. You get to be nihilistic and cynical while the U.S. burns around us.

Lol faggot tries to prove how tough and macho he is by admitting he bawls his eyes out over something dumb.

It takes a kind of butthurt only "combat army" can summon to assume this means I was suggesting you were lying.

I suppose since you figured out your "anti-property" stance years after you made the same mistake, there will be a delay between your understanding of what I said to you and when I said it, no worries.

I'll be right here feeling sorry for you until you figure it out.

Not sure if you noticed, but for the last 15+ years, the United States has not been sending its soldiers, marines, and airmen to "Defend" the US. They're invading a foreign country you fucking brainwashed retard.

Again, I actually served, and know 100% that what you're talking about is fucking bullshit. There's nothing honorable about shooting impoverished brown people. The invasion of Iraq was clearly a mistake, and most generals have all but admitted that.

>
I'll be right here feeling sorry for you until you figure it out.

Please spare me. Not sure if you're the brainwashed guy defending their marine corps enlistment but, if you were, save the "being sorry" for yourself.

No, showing emotion because of achievement or glory or making it through a rite passage is human.

You sound like you've never achieved anything, and I mourn for you.

>And just for the record, I was combat infantry (11B) in the US Army.

Typical, always did hate Army trash. Walk into basic training and from day one you are treated like CO pretty much, and then talk a bunch of shit how "army strong" you are when you never had the real experience of having dirt rubbed in your face.

As for all you corporate america mumbo jumbo, congratulations, you have come to realize what basically everyone in armed services comes to accept at some point or another. Doesnt change the fact that you walk out with tons of more life skills, maturity, and basically a fat IOU note from the government that grants you a lot of benefits when you get out (which is why most people join in the first place). There is always the possibility of getting injured or suffering psychologically but hey its a risk/reward ratio

>You sound like you've never achieved anything, and I mourn for you.

Neither did the faggot who was crying about his enlistment.

Again (for the third time), I was an 11B. As in, boots on the fucking ground. I don't delude myself into thinking this was "a rite of passage" or "glory" or even an achievement.

>give some helpful advice
kill yourself now

>On Sup Forums
>Expecting reaction to something relatively intellectual

fgt

>Typical, always did hate Army trash

And what brainwashed marine retard wankfest would be complete without some good ol' fashion branch bashing? Let's keep the old rivalry alive by completely neglecting my point and strawmanning every American soldier as "trash."

So the Rangers that stormed Normandy before the Marines even got there - were they typical
army trash?

>As for all you corporate america mumbo jumbo, congratulations, you have come to realize what basically everyone in armed services comes to accept at some point or another.

So you admit you're basically killing / signing your life away for corporate interests, but simultaneously pretend that this is some glorious and noble thing? You can't have both.

Well, maybe you can. Cognitive dissonance seems to be a pretty recurrent thing for you.

>Doesnt change the fact that you walk out with tons of more life skills, maturity, and basically a fat IOU note from the government that grants you a lot of benefits when you get out (which is why most people join in the first place).

Or you can earn those things by working hard, being aware of your surroundings, getting an education, and not being a brainwashed bullet-catcher.

Awww snookums, it's OK. I don't need to defend my enlistment, but I also don't need to denigrate it with daily kos talking points.

I left due to the bureaucracy and I had lost all respect for the CIC... but I don't regret my experiences and relationships or serving.

If I were to say anything to someone joining now, instead of 'join UNICEF or the Peace Corps', I would say that a nice 2-3 year commitment to Uncle Sam may get you killed, but you'll establish lifelong family level relationships that are worth risking your life for.

I'm an American Marine Corps veteran whose only real use for "nations" is so we can create teams for the olympics... I am an athiest, and I served out of a belief in our system of representative democracy and our bill of rights.

It's not perfect, but it's the best in the world, and if my CO knocked on my door today and said "You're needed, your family can stay in your home while you're away" and my SGLI went from 100K - 500K, I'd go in a heartbeat, just to be back with my brothers again.

I suspect by your pedantic and preening posts that you are a selfish assbag, and therefore got nothing from your enlistment.

I will feel sorry for you a little longer now.

Jesus you're a summer fag. I can smell it on your breath from last night.

Same for me. I enlisted when I was 18 and was infantry for now 5 years. Best friends ive ever had, craziest times ive ever had and I wouldnt change it for the world. Also most of the people on Sup Forums are cucks and furries so fuck their oppionion. Do what you want.

trying this hard to prove you served in the marines

You've really fucked up, whats your MOS you fucking boot?

I'm not one for jingoism, I'm not one for imperialism, I'm not one for blindly following orders. I was bitter once too. I take my oath more seriously than I did when I was in. I can't convince you that what you did was glorious or worthy, but if you did it with the intent of protecting Americans (not corporations) you have done more than most. Don't sink into apathy. Is the system broken? Fix it. Vote. Run for office at the local level. Serve in a jury. Become involved with your church and community. Don't isolate yourself. Make the uniform mean something again.

You are so out of touch I'm beginning to think you never actually served.

>would say that a nice 2-3 year commitment to Uncle Sam may get you killed, but you'll establish lifelong family level relationships that are worth risking your life for.

First of all, if you say something like this, your life must be pretty meaningless to throw away for friendships that could easily be made in other circumstances that don't require signing your life away.

Secondly, every enlistment is a mandatory 8 years. It's been this way since like 2008. There's no such thing as a 2-3 year commitment any more.

> pedantic

You don't know what this word means. You might want to look it up, unless you're using it ironically.

>I admit I did nothing more than kill people to defend corporate interests
>I cried my eyes out when I finished my enlistment
>If they offered me 500k I'd go in a heartbeat
>"You're selfish"

This speaks for itself.

>I will feel sorry for you a little longer now.

You are a very small minded and pathetic person - which is exactly why you joined the Marines in the first place. It became your life, which has been wasted. You can talk all day about how honorable or glorious or what an achievement it was for you to sign your life away, but it's only meaningful to you because you couldn't find meaning in life outside of the neat little package the marines gave you. You don't have to feel sorry for me, because I was big enough to see that the sacrifice I made wasn't much of a sacrifice at all. Nor will I define my entire life against what I did years ago. I grow and learn everyday, which is something that you seem incapable of doing as your entire development has been stunted so long as you define it against some bullshit propaganda meaning that was delivered to you at (literally) the cost of your life.

Be proud of yourself. When you're an old man who is dying alone, surrounded by nothing but that thing you did once, tell yourself it was worth it.

Thanks for your sacrifice and future service. Don't let people discourage you, there's always fighting between the branches of the military. "lol jarheads" "lol chair force" "lol grunts" it's all the same.

I don't need to prove it, I actually did it.

Tell me, what would a butthurt ex-"combat army" chanfag need as proof anyway?

I'd say the fact that my posts are 10x more awesome than yours is proof enough, but since Marines are 100x more awesome than soldiers, I can see the reason for doubt.

He has to do this for himself in order to prove to himself that his big great honorable glorious signing of his worthless life away was worth it.

Yeah because you know exactly what its like huh keyboard warrior? I bet youre fuckin vegan too.

>why not have some fun and kill them

That there myrmidon.

Just don't be a fucking bitch dude. Man the fuck up do what you're told and make sure you scream when you're supposed to and you'll be fine.

Americans.

Willing to bravely drop bombs from 1000s of ft in the air across a frozen river to kill your infant toddlers & women and elderly.

In their sleep.

On Christmas.

Or Ramadan.

Or Hanukkah.

Or Qwanzaa.

Or Samhain.

Totally not kidding.

We do it everyday.

Aw, did I make the poor little solider upset? It's ok, I hear you qualify for a medal for standing up to the big bad marine bullies.

Go google "Battle of Chapultepec", if you want to see how useless the army infantry is compared to the marines.

I don't want to hear your "hur you kill for others selfish needs". Yes I have had to kill. Oddly when some stupid sand nigger shoots at you and your partners, you may have to defend yourself. I still think about how close I was to losing my life on several occasions, and I have to hear from some pussy army fag "hurr you kill cause you are evil and brainwashed". No, I kill cause my life or my partner's life was in danger.

Since I'm feeling generous I'm gonna throw you a bone. Here's my proof.

Just because you don't know what pedantic means doesn't mean I don't.

I enlisted a long time ago, and don't regularly call my recruiters to see what changed, but I was under the impression that there are still 2 and 3 year enlistments (with the requisite IAR commitment) available for the Army.

"I grow and learn every day" HA HA HA... To quote Homer 'You're serious, LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER'

Yeah, after Paris, everyone else in the armed forces hates you and everyone not in them can't stand to be around you, and surprise, it turns out, it is actually not because they're jealous of your awesomeness. Have fun while you're in, because the rest of your life will be a fucking mess.

You live in a bubble if you think that any of those things are going to affect meaningful change.

No, it's not "apathy" or "cynicism," it's just called awareness of the world around you. Take a class in sociology and then come back and try to explain to me how much voting in your demographic or running for office actually matters (spoiler alert - it doesn't).

At the end of the day, these institutions (the military, the government, academia, the church, etc. ) all over-promise and under-deliver. The reason is because their power, funding, and existence are totally contingent on people being invested in them. They want true believers. If you want to fall for it because it makes you feel good or because you can't find meaning outside of them, that's fine. But I was already there and I now know better.

So the Rangers that stormed Normandy before the Marines even got there - were they typical
army trash?

I think it's safe to say they were Power Rangers.

Timestamp faggot. Get your stock shit out of here.

1) Don't get any tattoos that will keep you from getting a real job when you get out.
2) Don't get married until you've been through at least one deployment.

In case you faggots need any more proof. Full gear ready to go. Semper Fi!

Fuck me, a bullet could only improve that face.

So cringy.

See this OP? This is your life for the next 8 years. This attitude will be your boss, be the person sleeping in the cot next to you, and will be the only person to talk to for some of the toughest times of your life. The only advice, solution, or insight you'll get is to flex and grunt your way through every problem in some ultimate machismo dickwaving philosophy of life.

When you see yourself as a hammer, you see every problem as a nail.

>image.jpg

its not him.

No I don't live in a bubble. And I've taken sociology classes. It's bullshit. What we need is people to assert their rights and learn how to use the courts. That is the only way we can get out of this mess. Stop being a defeatist. Tell me, what is your solution?

How about get in uniform and shave you fucking shitbag.

You better fucking apologize. If it wasn't for the USMC putting their ass on the line you all would be speaking fucking Sputnik

And thats the shit people never understand. When we leave the wire, we arent thinking "FOR AMERICA!!". We just want to get back to the wire with everyone in tact. We start shooting because we were shot at and we het a little blood thirsty when one of our guys gets shot. We dont do it for america, we do it for our brothers.

I am in uniform dumbass

Again, thank you for proving my point.

When you see yourself as a hammer, you see every problem as a nail.

Also, cut out this whole "I KILLED BECAUSE I HAD TO" horseshit. Nobody forced you to sign up. You signed up (by your own admittance) because you had nothing to live for. Now you're creating this narrative for yourself like your some kind of great hero.

Also, the whole talking to me like a baby thing is so cringy.

>>cringy

So you don't know what pedantic OR cringy means?

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH!

"SEE OP, MARINES DON'T RESPECT YOUR FEELS"

Yah, cringy... ha ha ha

The fuck second hand store did you buy that from?

Semper Time Stamp, faggot, shut the fuck up.

Ah shit man, stop. Youre making us look like shit now.

>"I grow and learn every day" HA HA HA... To quote Homer 'You're serious, LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER'

That does sound like something a marine would laugh about. Why grow and learn everyday when you could just be told exactly what to think and feel from you DI?

>I enlisted a long time ago, and don't regularly call my recruiters to see what changed, but I was under the impression that there are still 2 and 3 year enlistments (with the requisite IAR commitment) available for the Army.

I'm very aware of the fact that you didn't know this, which is why I pointed it out and why I really question whether or not you actually served. This is common knowledge.

>Just because you don't know what pedantic means doesn't mean I don't.

You clearly don't know what it means, unless you just felt like using it incorrectly.

Please, go stare at your medals and feel better about yourself you pathetic fucking loser.

>>We dont do it for america, we do it for our brothers.

God damn right.

Don't get married. Don't get a girl pregnant. Don't end up with a dependa.

>Iraq and other sand nigger countries
>average IQ of 87
>small populations compared to the US
>Some countries like Iraq who had barely 1% of the United States economy at the time, worse off now
>ever being a threat to the red white and blue

Nah. Kissinger was right.

>pic related

Are you one of those cunts who goes around ripping burning and/or upside down flags away from the people performing the act because you fought for their rights?

0543 here marine sniper
1986 to 1990
The best thing you can do for yourself!
OORAH
Semper FI

Now that's what I call AUTISM

8 year contracts are for graduates of ROTC. Enlistment contracts can go for 3+ years depending on branch and MOS/Training time.

I don't know what happened to you in your sad life, but I hope it gets better somehow.