Humans are the best in the world at long distant running...

Humans are the best in the world at long distant running. That means we are the best in the world at chasing any land-animal down. Humans are actually so damn terrifying for other animals because they know that there is no escape from a human. A Zebra can still run away from a lion, because a lions main way for hunting is prowling up to the zebra and then pouncing on it. Should a Zebra get a head start from a lion, it will almost always be able to escape. But with Humans it is different. No matter how fast you run or how long you run for, a Human will always catch up to you. A human can keep a good pace of speed without using much energy through jogging. Animals can't do this effectively. They can't run and breathe easily at the same time and if they slow down, a jogging human will catch up to it. Even if they run extremely fast and gain a huge distance from the human, a good human hunter will be able to track it and then catch up to it again. Since animals have fur, they can't sweat and cool off as effectively as humans can. Humans can also breathe effectively through its mouth for oxygen. Most animals doesn't have this luxury. So eventually after running and running, the animal will collapse out of exhaustion and heat. While the heat and running means little to a human. A human uses in fact so little energy that it will be able to chop the animal up and take some pieces with it home. Or, if they are a group, they take the whole animal home.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_wild_dog
youtube.com/watch?v=eSfPYvqJles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good post

Endurance isn't everything, sure you can chase the animal down, but if the animal fights back what do you do ?
How do you chase a deer once you lose track of it ?
Also
>humans are endurant
>the average human can't jog 3kms without having to take a break
Hmm.

You just know learned that? That is old news.

>implying you need to jog to track animals
If you lose track of an animal, go back to the beginning and try again

>the average human can't jog 3kms without having to take a break
Yep In this current age. but go back several thousand years and the majority of the hunters from hunter gathering tribes would have been able to do this. It would have been part of the ability to hunt and provide for the tribe.

I'm drunk enough to enjoy this post

>what do you do if the animal fights back
Fight with a spear.

Obviously, not being able to fight back was one of the biggest things that could prevent us from being the best hunters in the world. Humans are beings without fangs, claws and poison. So we have to have something. And that is hands and brain. A brain to figure out how to create a tool and hands to make that tool.

Now you might say that is unfair because most animals can't make or use tools. But most animals have other deadly advantage to make use of, like fangs, claws and poison. Creating tools like spears is our weapon and defense in nature. Without tool-making we are a very little threat. So denying the reason for using tools as a way of living for humans is very ignorant.

Just think: these are all gifts from God! All praise toward him!

Good luck chasing down a cheetah

There's probably alien life out there that's so unfathomably intelligent and violent that we seem like sloths in comparison.

finally human appreciation thread!
got really tired from man destroy this kill off that..
i love the human race, we rock!

They have no endurance, they sprint short distances.

>Cheetahs kill their prey by tripping it during the chase; the cheetah can use its strong dewclaw to knock the prey off its balance. To kill medium- to large-sized prey, the cheetah bites the prey's throat to suffocate it to death. A bite on the back of the neck or the snout is enough to kill smaller prey. The prey is then taken to a shaded place; the cheetah, highly exhausted after the chase, rests beside the kill and pants heavily for nearly five to 55 minutes.

FIFTY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES. That is how long it can take for the fastest animal on earth to regain its stamina. Even five minutes is a lot. And this is just ONE high speed burst chase that can take up to 30 seconds.

Yeah. Human could easily chase down a cheetah.

probably not, consider our earth, all the forms of life, all of them, previous and current, all down to the simplest living thing, we are the only intelligent one and intelligence is not favored by evolution, you can become the apex predator on your planet without having any self awareness.

I am certain there is life out there, but intelligent life? Not so much, considering its the most rare kind even here where there is life all over

The only thing that is keeping humans from going out to space and spreading themselves in the Universe, is humans. And the only way that can happen is if either we are all united under one country or all of us have a common alien enemy that forces us to work together.

wtf? every single person I know can jog 3km without stopping?

even when I weighed 97 kg and was fat I was able to run 3km without stopping though I did use more than 15 minutes, usually around 17, compared to when I was not fat and always did it in 13 or less minutes.

running 3 km is a good start to your workout routine, its not a problem for anyone of normal health and below the age of 50.

if you actually live a place where the average human would have problems with this (I even managed it easily when out of shape) then you live a sad place..

every single person I know can jog for 3km without stopping, not everyone will be able to do it in less than 15 minutes but they would easily be able to finish without taking breaks.

stop with this nonsense.

it would most likely be worn out long before it went out of view

>thousands of years ago
It's still happening today in somalia and the likes.

seriously, just go try, I bet you too would be able to run 3km without stopping.

I have legit problems grasping how you can discuss this as if it was some kind of difficult feat??

just try, you will most likely be done in less than 20-25 minutes even if you are out of shape.

Even American football players can jog for 3km. Though they have to jog for 6 seconds, take a 5 minute break, jog another 6 seconds and so on.

Humans get runners high. It is literally natures way of rewarding humans for being good runners.

I run 5 times a weeks, it's not hard literally everyone can run with a minimum of motivation. I'm saying he implied no one does it anymore, but some somalian is probably running after an antiloppe or something RIGHT NOW this instant.

oh, like for hunting, then sure, I agree, there are probably humans hunting like that for sure

I just thought people actually believed that modern man was unable to run 3km without stopping, and that is just false (or really sad if someone actually can't)

Wolverines can run forever.

true in most parts, but just try to out run a wolf in arctic conditions. Humans will always lose that match up

Haha looks like someone needs to be introduced to the /HFY/ reddit sub.

Think of it like this, as humans become more intelligent we are also becoming more lethargic and lazy. No imagine how we will be once we reach faster than light travel

The modern man is pretty okay to be honest. Not everyone are fat slobs.

>outrun
Yes.
>outlast
Prob not

Solid point user

obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

I also read Born To Run, good book.

I track and hunt down deer for hours during hunting season. I'd love to be able to use a spear and knife like back in the day but the animal rights organizations wouldn't allow it. The only thing that keeps me from reaching my quarry is property lines.

3km is easy. There are people capable of running a fucking marathon

yes, even out last. Wolves can outrun and last huskies which in turn often run 100 miles (about 160km) while pulling a sled with out a break.

Now like I said the key is in arctic conditions where sweatting is not the factor, but at those lattitudes wolves are champions not humans

Chasing a cheetah is actually easy. Cheetahs can only attain their 70mph sprint when chasing prey, when running away they are actually quite slow. Just search up lions or hyenas attacking cheetahs, they don't stand a chance.

Humans are the cancer of nature. There is no escape once they fixated on you. Run run run all you want. You will still get caught and die.

African wild dogs have a success rate of 80% (lions have a 10% for comparison.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_wild_dog
youtube.com/watch?v=eSfPYvqJles

We have assault rifles. A wolfs teeth aren't going to do in that situation and they can't run away from an assault rifle

Close to true. That's why humans were good hunters. They could wound an animal then catch up to it.

However, the antelope for example can run like 35 mph for an hour straight. By the time a human caught up, it could do it again and so forth.

Humans are such good distance runners because we actually have a reason to do so. If some (not many, but some) animals actually had a reason to run long distances they could defeat the human.

Problem is, all the animals that do well with distance are prey, and need only run far enough to get away from a predator. Humans fall into both categories.

Tldr: if you taught an antelope to keep running for long distances it would beat a human.

agreed.

the modern man only allow for a broader spectrum of human as we now also have our modern society where you can get by sitting in your office all day

but I have noticed a change, the younger generations (maybe with the exception of americas tumblr users) are more focused on health than before so there is hope =)

Now are we talking one on one? Or groups? One on one id give advantage to the wolf, but why would a human be tracking a wolf? It would be the other way, and humans are almost the top defensive animal on the world. If we are doing a one on one battle in the woods, with a wolf and a human, i dont know. If the human was dropped naked in this scenario, ill give it to the wolf, but if the human has clothes and a knife, i give it to the human

youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

Humans can use skis though and save a lot more energy. So you are wrong.

>inb4 that is cheating.

Besides the modern weaponry point, wolves know they couldn't assault a human without a pack. Our ability to defend ourselves with the tools we use as been ingrained in the minds of any predator out there.

Why post this here where there are only fat ass autistic neckbeards trying to act smarter than they are. This discussion will never lead to anything just like your life. Faggot.

Human might as well just use an apache attack helicopter if you are going to cheat

lol Sup Forums couldnt catch a sloth

You wanna talk champ?

>at long distant
The fuck

How is it cheating when we use our greatest assest? If we cant use the tools our brains have made, the wolf cant have its fur and claws

I'm not sure you quite grasp the concept of why humans don't have fur. It is not so we can tan and look brown. It is so that we can stand the heat and actively chase down a animal, like an antelope, to exhaustion.

Did you even read the post?

Probably just a libtard who's butthurt about humanity being great is all. It's hard to make us the demons of the world when we're so well adjusted to it.

kek, Don't question the potential of Sup Forums.

if our brains are cheating then so are the wolves when it bites.

you are basically saying that if we use the tools we have then we are cheating, we should use the tools of the one we compare ourselves to, that is moronic and wrong, sorry.

Literally this. Basic tools made from the woods should not be considered unfair. And making skis is as easy as making a good spear.

David Attenborough, best narrator for documents ever... full 5/7

The potential of Sup Forums is downwards though.

That's what vegans do not understand, we are hunter, we are predators and killers and that is it, period. Yes, it's stupid to kill animal without reason but killing a living thing to feed yourself is literally most natural and normal thing to do. If you aren't able to kill a pray than you are error in human evolution.

i need movies with a survivalist setting like that
anyone please?

home alone

wow great post man

most americans cant

You're missing my point I think.

The prey doesn't train to run distance , therefor it can't.

Look at the Iditarod No human could ever catch those dogs. 1000 miles, in sub freezing conditions, sometime in under 10 days.

Dogs however arent Marathon runners. But... they train for it, and now you have a pack of dogs pulling a sled, in sub zero temperature, that can outrun any human.

If you did the same thing with an antelope or some other animals it would hold true

So what has anyone here actually killed? Nothing. You fatties sit there all day eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew while watching david fattenborough tell you how to wipe your ass and suddenly you are the expert. Kill yourself faggot.

So without human involvement it is impossible, gotcha

He is right.

Ch3ck it outo on YouTube you can watch videos of African tribesmen running d9wn gazelle for 6 fuck ingredients hours until the thing collapses from exhaustion. It is our greatest non intelligently related advantage besides thumbs.

You wanna go out back and toss the ol pig skin around and talk about it slugger?

I've killed more mosquitos than I can count. Some times I've even gone after bigger pray such as house flies and wasps.

In today's world with mass production and consumption yes, we didn't, but we are not any different than our ancestors, we all share same DNA it's in our blood. And i have killed pigs, chickens, ducks, rabbits... and eaten em all

Well this method of hunting is what wolves do. A group of wolves can chase their prey for 2-3 miles until its unable to keep going, and then finish it off. It doesn't always work but its pretty good.

Thanks to human technology, I don't have to run at all. I can sit back with my rifle, take the head off a deer then throw it in the back of my truck and drive it home

Yes. I read and am very familiar with the concept. It was even on shark tank last night. I am also a barefoot runner. I get the whole Africans evolved to run thing, Sherpas evolve to climb and breath air with low oxygen etc.

My point is that it's not as if humans are just natural long distance runners. Our body is suited for it yes. But also, we practice it out of necessity. Other animals do not.

Refer to my post about sled dogs.

Most of the EU can't either, they're too pussiefied to go outside their cities and have to rely on nature for longer than a few hours.

You kill motherfucking wasps? Shit, you hardcore.

are you serious or just shitting on "amerifats"??

if you are serious I will honestly stop joking about it and make fun of them for it because then it actually is a real problem that we need to solve.

Without reason to do so.

So basically saying that we are biologically built to be the best runners is untrue, because we have shown that other animals can perform better when trained.

I've hunted, so have many people I know, its quite common actually, its probably just not common in your circles/country/area/whatever

we evolved to run long distance, we didn't train for it, so it does mean that we are "we are biologically built to be the best runners"

But they dont train, they have no need to. So here we are having humans playing god with creatures, which shows again why we are the top species on this planet

this is a lie, if anything it is safer to go outside our cities, the criminals and drug addicts usually stay in the city so you avoid the vast majority who would want to hurt you by leaving the city

Someone's butthurt about their life choices. I've killed ten deer, countless squirrels and rabbits, three boar, and hundreds of fish. There we go, you've got someone who's told you their kill count.

TL;DR humans are scary fuckers and can kill shit because we are smart and can endure lots of running/ travelling distances.

>Humans can't do anything in habitats that is too harsh for them
>And they are not allowed to use their brain to adapt to these situations

Yeah, fuck off. Humans like many other animals are not only good in one thing but 2 or several other. Our endurance and adaptability go hand in hand. Which is why we are everywhere in the world. Of course a Human can't run when there is too much damn snow in the way. So they counter this by building skis.

Never argued we aren't top species.

>ces wi

when neither the animals nor the humans trained for it we were best

what we did was find a animal, breed it over years for specific needs while giving it specialized training etc

No but you are arguing with training other creatures can out perform us, but without humans there is no training them. They dont train themselves, so your whole point is moot

Than how can other animals out run plus for long distances? If humans biologically are better? Than how can a dog do it?

We evolved to run long distances. Mean we are the best at it.

Sparrows evolved to fly. They don't fly as good as a falcon

Bass evolved to swim, they don't swim as good as a shark

Etc

Except you have ruined all the potential natural danger by wiping out the majority of animals that stand taller than your ankles.

Yes humans are the jason voorhees of the animal kingdom.

And shit just got worse when we got bows and arrows.

You guys do realize that there almost certainly exist races of beings in the universe that are more intelligent than humanity by a factor of millions of years of genetic engineering, or their equivalent?

Don't be too quick to claim divine providence over other life forms.

Read the thread, then come back m8

Yes, but it was not an easy task.

It was a blazing hot summer day, not a cloud in the sky to darken to festive mood that had taken hold when suddenly a monster in black and yellow stripes appeared. Its wings buzzed with such sound that strikes terror and fear causes weaker man hide in shame, but not I. I, with out moment to lose jumped from my lay-z-boy and rolled to the cabinet that held the greatest wasp killing weapon ever made by man, an old rolled newspaper.

The battle raged for days and I was nearly defeated, but on the third night the temperature suddenly dropped, a miracle I had prayed. With the sudden gust of cold wind the wasps reactions slowed for a moment and I was able to strike the killing blow... I lost my left leg and right eye in the battle, but I lived to tell the tale of my heroism and was hailed as a hero in my home village.

True we do. I just don't hope we kill our self. We should do what ever is needed to survive and gain progress.