Is Islam really a "religion of peace"?

Is Islam really a "religion of peace"?

Other urls found in this thread:

thereligionofpeace.com/
youtu.be/8hWVSvzh9os
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It depends on what parts of the Quran you choose to follow.

I choose to follow the ones that don't require me to murder the infidels and wage a holy war against the non-believers. I also don't follow the "don't drink alcohol and don't do drugs".

But surely to be a 'true Muslim' you would have to follow ALL of the Koran.

how can you choose a part to follow? When your evidence for god is "This book" can you really afford to say "No not that part... or that part" ?

no

Back to Sup Forums with your bullshit stormfag.

I'll gladly take not being a "true Muslim" over killing my friends for no reason.

The Quran was written over a thousand years ago, and is violent in some parts. I believe that it was written for a different time, a time where a world like this wasn't envisioned so I don't follow the rules that I consider outdated.

Thats a good point, from a muslim point of view, do you consider isis to be not ture muslims, as they follow different parts? or would they be the "true muslims"

I would obviously rather you not be a ISIS jihadi but it doesn't hide certain passages in the Qur'an being violent (i.e. not peaceful).

If you consider explosives as peacemakers, then yes.

thereligionofpeace.com/

>Islam
>Peace
These words go together like grenade in hand

or a bomb on a chest

No, I don't believe ISIS to be true Muslims. Sure, they make be following the rules of the Quran, but they also gloss over the rules that would require them to not kill the innocent, or women children and the elderly, etc.

They take the violent parts of the Quran and use it to its full potential to suit their needs, and they ignore the rest of the Quran that requires them to be good people.

Like I mentioned above, it's clear that the Quran has violent sections but within those sections are limits to what a Jihadist should and can do. Unfortunately ISIS doesn't keep to those limits.

Thanks for the viewpoint :)

Harry potter and the burning Koran

Cosby is a loving and innocent man who did nothing wrong

Cosbyphobia is racist and bigoted

MUSLIM HATE THREAD
MUSLIMS BOMBED MY PARENTs

ok

>I choose to follow the ones that don't require me to murder the infidels and wage a holy war against the non-believers.
There's no such thing in the first place. Do your research

Muslims idolize and follow a pedophile. nuf said

>Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

>Muh English translation
It's not true. It says those who fight the non-believers won't even smell the scent of paradise.

Also, even when extremely inaccurate, that's not saying anything about you being required to murder shit.

>a pedophile
we are on Sup Forums

>It says those who fight the non-believers won't even smell the scent of paradise
>Muh English translation
Regardless of how accurate it is the amount of violent verses that are widely accepted, even by muslims, as being violent shows that Islam is fundamentally a violent religion.

islam is religion of pieces of shit

Honestly none of the big three are "peaceful" they have peaceful things but they also call for a lot of violence. That said, islam has the most extremists and is the most dangerous right now.

>The word sword wasn't mentioned a single time in the entire Quran
>Violent
Please relief yourself from these delusions

all muslims are dumb subhumans and terrorists , gtfo from this planet

80% of modern conflics currently involve muslim countries

Atheist here. Most religions are violent and people die every day because of it.

"Behead those who disrespect my text"
K

*mlady*

By that logic you aren't a true muslim either. Why cling to this belief? Just like gay Christians, i don't understand why they ignore it and act like it's just okay so long as they believe in jesus.

Extremism isn't bad as long as the core beliefs are truly non-violent.

For example an extreme buddhist wouldn't step on a bug.
An extreme muslim would blow up infidels, therefore islam is not a religion of peace

you can say the same about "true christian"

the bible is full of crazy shit

Is Christianity a religion of peace?

Verse number? Because every time I see one of these statements about the Quran, it ends up being quoted of context to make Islam seem less violent.

>When swords are the only thing that can be used to kill people.
I love how you say the word "sword" isn't mentioned. So what? The words "kill" and "stone to death" aren't? If not they would make a more convincing argument than just fucking swords

This

I just said islam was the biggest problem you tard.

but nobody has, because this thread isnt talking about how shitty Christianity is.

see
i quoted this user. I think you replied to wrong post.

>From the Bible
If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21
>Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death.
You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

K

There is not a part about holy war against non-believers.

i was supporting you? retard

You should probbably read what i am replying to, im not saying christianity isnt any less shitty. Stop being a retard and read the context of what you reply too :)

Nobody's here to defend Christianity, saying "well we're not the only violent ones" doesn't take away from the fact Islam is violet as well.

All christian based religions, including islam, are disgusting and abhorent. They should be removed from society with a hot knife like the diseased tissue it is.

couldn't care less of your fear or hatred towards muslims but where the hell did you get those numbers? It's like saying someone did a survey on 2 billions people.

Christianity

Because I grew up with it, and i believe in the five pillars of Islam.

See Also, it's just a representation of how it's not violent. Wow, it's like if you see the word hell, then it's totally violent, huh?
There are punishments for evil actions, as in every religion.

Islam

Relidgion is a virus, the ones that are the best at getting the most followers and keeping them infected, are the ones that are most popular, so how do you get more followers? Keep to yourself and be peaceful? Or kill the infidels?

I assume the study is from a sample of muslims which was multiplied to fit the number of muslims in the world. Inaccurate but still makes a point.

You're right, I meant this one who you green texted.

If you put your head in the bottom hole you would eventually find allah

When people believe in faith, they are able to "fufill" themselves in someway that they have a lasting lives. Sometimes, they know it might not be true, but it's believing that makes their life complete.

I'm an atheist to clarify that I'm not islam/christian/pastafarian.

>tl;dr it gives them false hope

I'm not saying Christianity is a religion of peace, neither of them are. see

This logic can be applied to any religion/race/gender/political party/group of people. There is always a subgroup within a demographic that the majority looks down upon for shining a negative light on the whole.

>Do evil deed
>Get punished
What's wrong with that?

There's no real "peace" that you're referring to in this world

There are relidgions that you dont have to cherry pick to follow, ones that are inherently peaceful, so why put your hopes on a magic man in the sky that wants to kill your friends when you can practice religions that aim to make life as good as possible for you and those around you

The issue with Islam is that it is fundamentally violent. The 'extremists' follow it in it's entirety whilst the 'normal' ones only follow the ones they want to. This while people call it "The religion of peace"

Every religion can claim to be whatever they want to be. However no religion is true. Meaning whatever you follow it's up to you to decide whether your beliefs lie within that religion. No religion can be peace, everything needs balance. Where ever there is peace so there is war/chaos. In the case of Islam they believe in Jihad, which is a holy war, but let's be honest war is war. So the peace must come somewhere, right? Peace comes after war, but is that truly peace or just the words/perception of the victor? We don't know what is ideal peace. Our perception of it is deluded by victories. Definition of peace is freedom from disturbance aka tranquility. Such a state will never exist in our society because we are humans and we can do nothing about our greed and etc. In the end we are only human, we deserve peace and war, sadness and happiness and whatever. Maybe one day we will transcend into a higher level. I'm writing bullshit because I'm bored, sorry if you actually read this.

>being gay
>go to hell
>evil deed
>mfw

Femanon here. I invite Cosby into my home and I feel fine. I choose to ignore the parts of the Cosby that raped women, and just focus on his comedy.

Yesss it is.

youtu.be/8hWVSvzh9os

>subgroup
>the prophet muhammed who is the only true prophet of God according to islam

Iunno, I'm atheist, so that doesn't apply to me.

However, to the islamists that it does apply to (or any other religion), they are born into it. Knowing the consequences of forsaking your religion in islamic countries, they must cling to it or dey ded or live in the closet.

Also, being in a Christian household, some of my family members flipped shit when they found out I was an atheist.

>Be a buddist
>Spend whole life sitting on a rock trying to not kill bugs
>Carve pictures into stones to sell and make money
>Live off of water and bread to be able to donate money to local orphanage
>People steal from me a lot, but its okay, I forgive them,
>Die aged 97, after living a hard life not killing a single animal or bug
>Get to paradise
>Kicked out by Mohammed(praise be unto him)
>"There's no real "peace" that you're referring to in this world"
>Cry
>Fukin muslims

yeah I bet believing in god gets you mad pussy you fucking retard

>Is Islam a religion of peace
no abrahamic religion can be let me explain some history to you

YHWH was a Canaanite (are where isreal is) god of war and storms
at one point some people decided all other Canaanite gods (Baal, Berith, Mot, Moloch) were false, and called them demons, and decided o call themselves Yahweists iirc. they wouid later call themselves Jews. So then about 900 years later after already succeeding in pissing off kost major religions after calling their gods false and demons some of these jews declare a guy named Jesus their prophet in hopes of following the path zoroastrianism took, the idea of having some human that claims to have communicated with their god adds legitimacy. some of the jews disagree and say he isn't the prophet, the people that believe him to be the prophet break off and form early christianity, and immediately do as they did before and call the jews' belief illegitimate. then The Roman Catholic church and the middle ages happens and christianity decides to borrow some things once more, they take a page from zoroastrianism again and make up a super evil figure called the devil, who's ultimately a mix of demons in general, the angel of judgement satan, the angel of disaster mastema, and the fallen angel lucifer. this would later be the reason why the're so much confusion as to whom the devil is in modern christianity. they also steal the image of Nike and Victoria (winged goddesses) for their various angel statues and pictures. Thy also claim several gods such as the celtic Brigid were not gods, but instead saints while other gods like Diana are claimed to be Demons.

all the while this is happening the middle east has a man claim to be a second, and final, prophet, creating Islam
These two groups go at it and expand a fair bit over the next several hundred years, bringing us to now for the most part.

So there you have it. a trio of religions with a history of infighting, shit talking other groups, and a god of war

In the world we live in, with our knowledge and understanding of biology and genetics and the evidence we have; I cannot fathom how anyone believes in god.

>the prophet muhammed who is the only true prophet of God according to islam
Nah, they acknowledge the other prophets and the books they brought down.
But Muhammed was the latest and last. In Islam, Jesus was a prophet, for example.

then you believe in the shahada and therefore everything muhammed the pedo warlord says

It is if you only follow the five pillars of Islam aka the only important parts.

>Declaration of faith and trust that professes that there is only one God (Allah) and that Muhammad is God's messenger.

>Salat (ṣalāh) is the Islamic prayer. Salat consists of five daily prayers according to the Sunna; the names are according to the prayer times: Fajr (dawn), Dhuhr (noon), ʿAṣr (afternoon), Maghrib (evening), and ʿIshāʾ (night).

>Zakāt or alms-giving is the practice of charitable giving based on accumulated wealth.

>Fasting

>Pilgrimage to Mecca (at least once in your life)

>in this world
That's the key word, user. Paradise is out of this world.

Who are you to say that they aren't 'true' Muslims?

>Declaration of faith and trust that professes that there is only one God (Allah) and that Muhammad is God's messenger.
Got to kill all of those non-Allah believers then.

true! my b. point is he's the spokesperson for the whole religion so the things he does and says are pretty important and he's not just a "subgroup shining a negative light" on Islam he is synonymous with Islam

Someone who's read and understands the Quran, and doesn't have an unjust hate for the rest of the world.

If religious text is left up to interpretation, and there is varying consensus on a meaning of that text, the unfortunate reality is that the religious followers who interpret that information and are the majority, become literal representations of that text. Since a shocking amount of Muslim men and women follow the Koran and take the representation of that book to be violent, it is inevitable that the meaning of that book takes on a violent connotation, and the religion as well. Many people who follow Islam standby and do nothing as the acts of violence are committed, meaning that it becomes acceptance. Religion does change over time and may take on different forms, but as of this moment, Islam cannot be a religion of peace.

>unjust hate for the rest of the world
ISIS in a nutshell

>Muhammad is God's messenger

This is correct, i don't claim there is no god or creator being/force, however, the biblical god is almost certainly false.

No it is not.

?

You're nobody. Your opinion doesn't matter in this discussion.

You are using the No True Scotsman fallacy. Congrats.