Any medifags around?

Any medifags around?
Wtf is happening with my finger? It comes and goes, and leaks clear fluid when flared up like this. The whole finger is swollen, there's divets in my nail, skin dries out easily, and it's hot most of the time. This has been going on for months.

It doesn't spread by contact, as the neighboring finger is fine, but might be spread slowly across the finger.

Opposite, normal finger for reference.

Do you drink alcohol it's a sever dehydration

I have it. It's hyperhidrosis. It's from sweating or washing your hands often. Little bubble like things ooze clear liquid. Use hydrocortisone cream

>hydrocortisone
yup, that should help you. I've had similar shit happen, that gets rid of it.

I don't drink alcohol, and my urine is usually clear.

>hyperhidrosis
Thank you user, I'm looking it up now.

reminds me of when I get eczema on my fingers.

basically minor shit like that = don't scratch it plus cortisone cream and it goes away faster. they have shit that works a little better for eczema but it's expensive as fuck.

My big concern is that it may be spreading. It hadn't gone past the second knuckle until this morning.

Atopic Eczema. It's genetic and can't we cured. It can go away by itself though. I'm a MD

Looks like something I got when using rubber gloves that were wet on the inside, some sort of allergic reaction

Mine was the same. I used cream for 1 day and by the next day it was gone.

The symptoms sound pretty spot-on.
Any special care I should take?

Cold weather can trigger it.

thats eczema bro, don't fuck with steroids for it unless you wanna go insane. go get allergy shots or something

Keep your hands warm and dry.
Use lotion after washing your hands

Your skin dries out really fast after you get out of the shower (esp. if you have eczema) so make sure you always moisturize right after showering.

Pee on it

I have this too, OP.
It flares up during periods of stress, and will go away for long periods of time.
I reccomend Cetaphil lotion.

if it's eczema you can't stop it from spreading. just be glad it's not on your eyelids. ( can't notice it cosmetically but it's a bitch.)

Thank you Anons. I'll go buy some cortisone cream.

What I had been doing to manage it was 1 hour soak in 2% salicylic acid and moisturizing with borage oil.

If amputation will stop it, this happens to be the one part of my body I'd be willing to cut off.

You probably have periods of the patches spreading, redness, drying and shrinking. You can supress the symptoms at the peaks by using hydrocortisone or triamcinolon creme. Dun't use the cremes for longer than two week periods. It makes the skin thin and can worsen symptoms after two weeks.

Pro tip: try to get vaseline based creme(clearish instead of white) it dries the skin less.

Try to avoid cleaning detergents and most soaps.. wash with baby shower gel.

Forgive any spelling mistakes, English is not my first language(npt even my second :P )

Also on the showering thing, try not to take hot showers. Hot water dries your skin out.

I have the same thing on my fingers, stress usually sets it off real bad. Try to keep the stress down to prevent outbreaks.

yeah
Do NOT use regular soap, shit dries your skin out and irritates.

I use unscented castile soap.
What's the ideal cooldown time from using hydro cortisone? Would it be fine to use it just once a week?

are you retarded
see a dermatologist

i think you big cums

I plan on it, user.

Theres a fatty ointment cream called Advantan. Fucking works amazingly. Im a huge sufferer of esczema, used to get it on the back of my knees, arms, legs, elbows and hands. I tried everything from qv washes, cortisone, steroid solutions, tablets, moistorising, moisterising and glad wrap overnight, gloves, you fucking name it.

Then some random dermatologist looked at my hands and suggested it.. now i only have it from time to time on my hands.

Shit is fucking amazing

were you sead big one in junior hs?

Stop fapping... You've clearly given your hand an STD. Get tested.

What does that even mean.

Dyshidrosis

Just use it and see what works. Just don't use it continually for more than two weeks. Then let it rest for a week or two/three. You can actually see your skin thining. So you'll know when its time to quit.
If you take care of your hands chances are you can get away with using cortisone creme once or twice a week, which would negate the cooldown

a form of ringworm. ringworm isnt a worm, its just a rash. Get some ringworm creme

Allergies possibly

If you've been around some strange pussy or cock lately (past ~6 months) syphilis will cause rashes on the hands.

This

I checked webMD, I'm sorry user, you have cancer

Stop soaking it in water.

Thank you based user

Also known as dishydrotic eczema. I was stricken with this while I was bar tending. It ended up spreading to cover both sides of all my fingers, and then slowly moved down over my palms to my wrist. It was fucking awful and took almost two years to clear up.

The bad news is there is no clear-cut treatment. I couldn't afford to see a dermatologist at the time; if you can, they might have some good ideas for you. I could always tell when it was about to break out and spread because tiny bubbles of clear fluid would appear beneath the surface of my skin. Shortly after, the top few layers of skin above would come off. It itched horribly, and doubly so if I got it wet. I had to shower with gloves on until it finally cleared up, and avoid getting it wet at all costs.

I tried a million different moisturizers, and nothing seemed to make much of a difference. It eventually just went away on its own. You will quickly discover a surprising number of lotions have alcohol in them because it will burn like a crazy fucker.

Anyway, get to the doctor if you possibly can. You really don't want to end up like I did, with it covering both hands and interfering with every aspect of daily life.

refer to this i get the same shit and had the same shit for about 10-12 years so far
good new is its not contagious bad news is you cant cure it and its a lifetime thing...
youll get more flareups of it with stress too since its such a loving genetic disorder

> I couldn't afford to see a dermatologist at the time

All they do is give you steroid cream that doesn't really help and definitely doesn't stop it from spreading.

holy shit dude i had that had to use steroid cream to get rid of it...and when i had hair the hair would pop them suckers and get into the holes it was very painful

i can vouch for this, might as well just jizz on your hand and it'll have the same effect as the steroid cream

Greyscale......off to the ruins of valeria with you
11/10 will die

Yeah, this is the sad truth. It's a genetic condition, they don't really know why it happens, and there's not much they can do for you. Mine seem to be set off by having my hands in cleaning solution tending bar, and I'm hoping that doesn't happen again. It probably is just a matter of time, however.

Sorry OPanon, this is a shitty one to have. Read about it and try to do what you can.

the picture on wikipedia looks exactly like my finger, and the symptoms are the same. I'm glad to hear it can clear up without devouring my whole body.

I've gotten something like this before. I get it once or twice a year. It's usually very minor and goes away in a day or two. It never swells though. Sometimes I pop the little bubbles, it still goes away weather I pop them or not.

And please be carefull with the cortisone, your body produces it naturally and gets used to you applying it and produces less and less the more you use.

Get a needle and go to town
best 3 minutes of your life until your done

Obviously AIDS, you have 127hrs to live unless you amputate...I'm a licensed nignog

Bar tender user here, I've always had weird patches of dry skin that reoccur, one on my upper arm, one beneath my eye; my grandmother had problems with dry skin her whole life. It's a genetic thing, it's always there just beneath the surface, and I was 30 years old before it flared up in the major way it did. It persisted for about 2 years, then went away and hasn't been back in a meaningful way for 3 years now. It doesn't happen 'till it happens, and then it can happen big for seemingly no reason, then will go away for seemingly no reason.

Some doctors think it might be the result of an over-active immune system attacking healthy cells. Who knows.

Incidentally this is a terrible idea. Your skin is already traumatized and will heal extremely slowly, if it heals at all. You should do whatever you can to avoid causing it further damage. You do not want to be poking it with needles or popping the serum bubbles or any of that shit. Try to leave it alone as much as you can, and keep it dry. If you must wet it, dry it afterward gently but thoroughly. Water is your enemy here, tap water at least. I eventually resorted to buying cases of bottled water because it did not make the eczema burn the way treated tap water would.

I have had recurring Dyshidrosis for a few months now. OP I'm telling you, it is a Candida/fungal problem. Steroid creams will not work at all - believe me on this. It is not a skin problem.

Do you have a gluten/yeast intolerance? Do you find it gets worse when you eat sugary/carb/starchy foods or alcohol? Anything from those groups are feeding the overpopulated yeast in your gut, and hence the Dyshidrosis. It is 100% curable. I went to the chemist and took a single capsule of Fluconazole (a strong anti-fungal - look for the Canesten variety as it's available over the counter) and within two days my Dyshidrosis disappeared.

Obviously it does require a change of diet for a while, definitely 2-3 months. Look at the Candida diet for ideas. Best of luck!

yeah this is the problem with this illness

everywhere you look, someone will tell you something different that worked for them

this is likely because that was the last thing they tried before it decided to clear up on its own. I have heard the fungus idea floated before. It's worth a shot, OP.

Just to continue: It's quite alarming how many other forums discuss it and have lists and lists of skin care products. Some people are living with gloves on 24/7 and just living with it.

If it recurs after the Fluconazole, enquire about a course of Nystatin from your doctor. It is less strenuous on your liver than Fluconazole.

I'll try the Fluconazole thing. I've heard about it before, but for something different. The side effects seem minimal.

It seems to have nothing to do with carbohydrates, and I don't drink alcohol. It recently eased up after some cortisole cream, and my diet was mostly pizza and potato tacos at the time.