Anyone here managed to quit smoking cigarettes?

Anyone here managed to quit smoking cigarettes?

I really need to quit because I've been smoking 3 packs a day and my hours got cut short at work and now I don't have the money for cigarettes

>tfw 12 dollars a pack
>tfw 36$ a day on cigs

I like to roll mine

Jesus, what are you doing to your lungs, man?

Get a nicotine inhaler, perhaps some patches, and don't go drinking for the first two weeks.

If you have even a modicum of self-control, this will work.

Holy fuck you spend about as much as my paycheck every week. Anyways I want to quit as well and I was thinking of weening off of them. Smoke less a day until I get down to 1 a day. That way I don't hate myself when I quit.

That's what I'm trying to do so far, I've smoked 51 cigarettes so far today and I would have usually smoked around 57

In all seriousness, buy a vape rig. They have the highest percentage to help you stop smoking, its like 95% less harmful, and you can control how much nicotine you inhale.

This

>57

I could only imagine what your lungs look like

can you breathe alright?

Wtf you spend over 13k a year on cigarettes LOL

I wheeze alot especially if I do anything physical like at work I'm a landscaper so some days I'm doing labor intensive work

Hey user, in the process right now. A vape is a good start to create a substitue for smoking but patches are the best in general. They're expensive but effective. That and a vape will help you unpair any behavioral stimuli that might otherwise make you instinctively smoke, thereby helping your chances of remaining smoke free.

tl;dr vape and patch until you lose the desire

this, and it's a lot cheaper too

What I did to cut down was to only put a certain amount into an empty carton for the day and it helped. I don't smoke nearly as much a day as you, but I went from ~14 a day to 5 at most. I don't even buy packs anymore, I just bum a few from my coworkers during my shifts.

Yeah its way too expensive

Holy shit dude. and i thought i was smoking too much

Yeah I usually smoke 75 a day

13 times this week

vape liquids have more nicotine then cigs.They arent fda regulated,and dont have to print their chemicals on the bottle

In addition, if you can quit for 2-3 days, it makes the rest easier. The behavior of smoking will always be a process to overcome, but actually feeling what its like to breathe without the damage smoke causes will seriously make you think twice before you go for a smoke. Everything gets easier once you beat the first 2-3 days.

Yes. Tried to quit a lot of times and failed miserably. Replaced cigarettes with vaping. Gradually reducing the nicotine in my vape juice. Don't think about cigarettes anymore

fuck any nig who says vaping for your nicotine, mouldy lungs pls?
try hand rolling tobacco, usually abit stronger and lasts longer, worth a try.

>> hand rolling for 6 years, cigarettes are rancid.

you don't have to get liquid with any nic in it. Just using it as a rough substitute for the desire to hold and smoke something is enough.

I've always heard the first 3 days are hardest, I haven't went a waking hour without a smoke in years

The way I quit was I bought a vape. As douchey as it is, it works. Make sure your nicotine content kind of matches your habit though or else it won't work. I smoked 2 or 3 cigarettes a day and 6mg was fine for me. Also its not a bad idea to shell out more cash for a decent one.

+1
Its what i did. It wasnt even hard to quit with cigarettes.

He said he wanted to quit

>damage smoke causes.
Just because you quit,dosent make the years you did smoke go away,you have permenent lung damage,and you wont breath like you did before you smoked cigs,you also fucked your entire body up with all the toxins in them.You are not breathing normal.

How do you smoke 3 packs a day? That's ridiculous man

Why do people even smart smoking?
Even more so in the past 6 years.
I dont go up to a rubber tire and be all like "imma put you in my lungs you lil bastard"
Why?

I quit smoking when I watched a dear friend have a long painful death with lung cancer due to smoking. She was on 40+ cigarettes a day.

Don't become that friend for someone else.

THe first 1-2 days, as you slow down you can tell you're very easily agitated and your muscles are sore. When you quit totally, the next day your muscles will feel like you just walked out of a P90x workout, it's not easy but if you want to do it, you should know what you're in for. I quit so I could ride my bike and give my wife better dick.

Why support the habit though? I don't want to keep smoking for the rest of my life over a dumb decision. I'd rather vape like a faggot if it means it'll keep me away from smoking packs a day.

It's relaxing

Just make your own liquid if you are worried about that.

I quit 6 years ago.
Just got tired of it.
1 box of gum, and I was done.

I quit after making my own cigarettes for a year. $20 for a pound of tobacco and $8 for 500 tubes would last me a month. No addictive additives and no FSC carpet glue made it easy to quit when I finally decided to.

Did it help sexual performance?

How the fuck can it be relaxing?
The first time you smoked,i know for damn sure it was relaxing.

I did not imply it would ever be the same as before, I said there will be a noticeable difference between how you function when you smoke vs when you quit for a couple days. You're just decreasing your risk for coronary diseases and lung cancers, your lung function is regained to an extent but no, not all the way.

Because its a drug. Did you ever try it? If you arent used to nicotine, you will feel a slight high. This will be replaced by addiction very fast, though.

You're right it was relaxing the first time and that's why I continued

how the fuck do you even have time to smoke 3 packs.

That made no sense. But to put it short, you enjoy the head rush and the relaxing feeling you get from smoking a cigarette what will eventually fade and all you're left with is the urge to smoke with no gain of short term high. Its a terrible habit and you're smart to think its nonsense.

I work outside so I basically chain smoke all day

>did you try it
No,because i know full well that inhaling carcinogens will do to my body.

I have been on opiates and never abused them
I have been on benzos for years and never abused them.
You smokers always make the stupidest reasons for it.

I didn't even start, everyone in the family is a smoker, i tried it as a kid, tasted like shit, why the fuck would i put that in my mouth?
My aunt was smoking 3 packs a day, she got into the hospital with nicotine poisoning, (survived that) died at the age of 61

Shit yea it did. I only smoked about 5 years, 3-6 smokes a day. After about 3-5 days, I could take my dick was able to stay up longer and I could really beat the shit up without going straight to panting like I ran a marathon.

contact the CDC. they will provide you with assistance to quit smoking. If you don't live in the US, then idk and idc

Wow I thought a pack a day was bad but 3? That's 75 smokes a day and I feel the effects from 25 a day....

I landscape also I can't smoke more than 5 cogs during the day because it makes you feel like shit. Try smoking weed

good for you dude

So smoking 3000 chemicals in to your lungs the very first time was relaxing? Your body rejecting the chemicals all day in to the next. Thats relaxing?

Dave Letterman used to spend $365k/year on smoking.

20 x $50 cigars a day.

Landscaping, serving or bussing tables, tree services all basically surround you with bad influences (thats how I came onto it) and plenty of time and opportunity to fall into the trap.

Wow man get off your high horse. We all knew what we were getting into with that first cigarette. Just like you, we didn't give a flying fuck at the time. Its highly addicting so we keep going, end of story. You don't need to start shit when we're having a legitimate conversation.

You don't seem very relaxed man, have a smoke.

$13 a pack is dirt cheap. We pay maybe 25 for a cheapish pack in Australia with government stating a minimum increase to $40 per pack by 5020

Dont buy into vaping. If you smoke 3 packs of cigarettes a day, your going to be vaping an absolute fuckton and you will get popcorn lung. Your vaporizing oil into your lungs you are guaranteed to have a coating of vegetable oil all along your alveoli as well as the seroous amount of tar you already have.

You need to takes patches and possibly rehab man. Your lungs run a risk of failing if you vape the equivalent of 3 packs of cigarettes a day.

How's that cheap that's thousands of dollars a year if you smoke a pack a day

Have you tried vaping?

Yes. Any more question? I knew every well what I was doing and how bad it is for me.

>How's that cheap that's thousands of dollars a year if you smoke a pack a day
Cheap comparatively

Thats why i started rolling my own cigs back when i was in NZ and used to smoke. Its just 5€ a pack here in germany.

I dont get it
I see kids 16-18 smoking.Like what the flying fuck.you grew up in the 00's you are damn well informed of it. The entire industry needs to be shut down,not tobbacco,but big pharma.

>calm
Here then,take this advice.Go to your doc and ask to be put on wellbutrin for your smoking,and that you want to quit
It is an SSRI,but also hinders the cravings for nicotine.Bring lolipops or a balsa wood pipe with you for the oral fixation.Most people quite within a week,if they really want to quit

This

Thank you, thats very helpful.

What possesses people to even smoke this fecal matter flavored garbage

Use Snus. Thats how i stopped smoking. Easy to at work.

smoked for 10 jears one day decided to stop since then im clean with that...
there is no way you can stop if you smoke less just stop already be a man...

I'm currently trying to quit. I'm down to smoking only 1 to even no cigarettes a day sometimes, but what always gets me back is when I drink. I just had a kid recently so for me to almost quit was super easy, plus save more money

why you drink alcohol ? why you eat sugar ?

Because alcohol gets you drunk, cigs don't do anything

I hate the taste of alcohol but I still drink it everyday

Alcohol/sugar are derived from natural growing products,not chemicals used for embauming people

I quit with Chantix. Took one everyday while still smoking. After a month, just stopped like that.

A couple of days ago, had a few cigarettes for the first time in like five years. That was bad, though.

theres studies that show that addiction sometimes is caused because the person is missing something in their life or is less "strong" than others (like you)

>doesnt fit in society, has a mental illness, has no/few friends etc.

addiction is different for everyone, no need to be a bitch about it.

every country has some sort of programs that can help against addiction. theres numbers to call and places to go. i live in norway and im guesing youre in the states so im not gonna link you norwegian shit. i would rec to just google support groups or programs to use to gradually decrease your smoking
3 packs a day is too much..

Nigger sex!!!!!!!!!!!

3 packs a day is plain insanity

were you still on the starter pack? I'm 3 weeks in and nothing has changed.

was trying to be nice about it

Get on wellbutrin.Chantix is a designer drug,thats why you see it on tv,where they spend millions of dollars to push it on the public.Never take any medication that is advertised.

Really struggled to quit. Tried various methods. Read Allen Carr's Easy Way to quit smoking and haven't touched or wanted a cigarette for 3 years.

Check out the reviews on Amazon. I know it sounds mental to believe that a book can make you quit but it works.

It didn't kick in until after the starter pack. You have to go the whole three months.

why smoke when you can kill your brain cells?
why smoke when you can wreck your internal system and get extremly fat ?

humans are dumb and search for everynew way to change their mental state....

Maybe the starter is a placebo but it does work. I'm convinced I never would have quit otherwise.

tobacco is a plant...
and watch how we make sugfar and alcohol...that process isnt natural at all sry...

after a few tried and I kept going ive been clean from cigs for at least 4 years now. my heart got damaged from smoking since i was 14, I am 30 now and happily able to BREATHE!

Tobacco isnt nearly as dangerous as cigs.
That isnt what kills you,its the other various drugs they put in there that kills you.Tobacco its self,isnt an issue,it still kills your lungs,but compared to cigs or even vaping,its the better of the 3 piles of shit you can choose from

This pretty much mangos

True, I used to smoke a lot of weed. I realized I never have dreams when I smoke weed, possibly because I liked to "smoke" though, spent too much money on weed at the time to even save anything and buy a nice vaporizer to try doing it cleaner. Either way after like 6-8 months my brain definitely changed for the better, not sure about the getting fat part, smoking itself is never good for you though. Not saying weed is anything horrible but gotta do it cleanly, smoke is never clean for your body

I have been cig free for a year because of juulvapor.com

@24 years 1pk/day + 1g/day weed- I quit cigs cold
how/why?
was in hospital for intestinal surgery (removed several inches) and was there for 5 days--- couldn't go anywhere to smoke. after 5 days i fig'd wtf & didn't smoke at home/day 1. never smoked again; thereafter i smoked a joint if wanting cig- did that for 4 months & forgot abt cigs gradually.
tl;dr: quit with fentanyl drip; weed to keep away

try having parents who smoke everyday through out your childhood. Most people start when they're 15,16 and get addicted before they understand the severity of it. If you start smoking past the age of 20 you're a retard

Fentanyl is lovely man

OP READ THIS !

Weed and Cold stop or it doesent work

you are fucking pussy. I barely last 2 cigarette lighters a day.

I know it feels stupid but vaping is a great way to stop smoking, just start with the Nicotine level up very high and slowly go down, soon you'll be on 0 nicotine and you can quit! Or keep vaping if you like the 0 nicotine juice.

i vaped 12 nic and it helped me kill a 2 and a half pack reds habit, then i quit vaping ez mode

Not having money for it won't help you quit, as lame as it sounds you just have to want to quit

Wellbutrin. ugh.

3 months. ugh. At least it's free for me through work/insurance benefits. Will continue