Opinions on slipknot? My friend and I are going to a concert,he's a huge fan but I've never been into metal...

Opinions on slipknot? My friend and I are going to a concert,he's a huge fan but I've never been into metal.What should I expect?

was good, like 10 years ago

>image.jpg

Friendly reminder that this has been posted from an Apple mobile device and you can close the thread and let it 404, folks. Meanwhile, I'll sage it. No need to thank me, just doing my friendly bit to make this board great again.

They put on really good shows, last time I saw them anyways, had an opera like feel with different acts in a way

Why is that a problem?

Shitty angsty band for edgy teenagers

It's shit

Will be full of 12 years olds and manchilds

Its pasta dude.

Expect idiots surrounded by idiots being idiots.

I love metal but, slipknot isnt metal, metal music you find in hole in the wall bars around the world. Any "metal band" that ever made it to a stadium had/has pretty much sold out. IMO of course.

Fuck off cunt

they put on a good show

Their old stuff is indeed fantastic, but Gray chapter isn't a bad album at all. Maybe it's just cause I got into them way after everyone else did, but I think they're great.

From what I heard they suck live, not being a dick, just what i heard. Other band that came before them with the same general sound and gimmick like Mushroomhead have bad ass theatrics and actually get off stage and interact with the crowd (take pics, take shots, accept and buy beers/shots) That much I can say from personal experience. However slipknot just doesnt do that shit anymore. I remember when Corey had said in Hit Parader Magazine back in 99 that they didnt even play wait and bleed on stage because it was "weak". Now they write and preform so many weak ass songs... I dunno man. Guess it comes with bands ages. I just believe they sold out, or maybe even bought in while the getting was good.

They're a great live band, when they perform they have a bit of pyro as well as a hydraulic drumset that bounces up and down.

Corey knows how to work a crowd too. However I've seen them 3 times, and their act doesn't change. If you've never seen them before, you'll enjoy it, but don't go and see them twice.

Gotta say the same for Mushroomhead... Kinda. The act has changed everytime Ive seen em. They work the fuck out of the crowd as well. However, they dont do all that hydraulic shit or too much pyro. Its kind of one of those bands that just makes it fuck for everyone by climbing the walls and use powder or water on there drumsets etc. Never a dull moment. Plus its usually a bar so its a more intimate environment with the band and the music.

I prefer slipknot from 1989

M8 kill feed repeat shit

Yeah, cause Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Pantera, Rammstein, Tool, Testament, Exodus and on and on are real sell-outs.

>m8 kill feed repeat
Atleast get your shit together before you shitpost.

I'm going to one of their concerts next month, I'm sure it's gonna be great

I've seen them twice, and have enjoyed their shows.

this

You know what I meant faggot

Musically they're not great live. Their on-album stuff is much better.

Performance wise they bring a fuckton of energy to their concerts, so it makes up for the lack of live skill.

Decent 7/10. Last time I saw them they had Lamb of God opening for them... now THATS a fucking band.

If you havent seen them live than dont talk shit. I saw them last year and i was surprised at how they kill it on stage. I know they could like or not tho.

Just be prepared to "Jump the Fuck Up!"

The metal encyclopedia doesn't concider Slipknot to be metal. Korn too. They were rejected from a dictionary. Also anal cunt

Also fuck off metal elitist shitting on everything that its not too complex, too metal or too unknown

Honestly you'll get back as much as you put in. If you want to stand around and watch from the sides then it'll never be as fun. I've seen a lot of bands from plenty of stadium tours to grotty little basements playing to 20 people. Honestly for a stadium show slipknot do it very well. I live in the uk so it's always an event for us since they don't tour as much as they would the us, so everyone is always really up for it. The crowd always makes a gig imo, and when you get thousands of people all jumping and moving with each other and letting everything out at the top of their lungs it really is a night to remember reguardless of whether you like their music or not. Don't really listen to their albums much these days, but theyre always worth seeing live. Just go with open mind and accept that for one night you can look like a fag and just go crazy.

Metal is for people who never grew up.

If you grew up you wouldn't be on Sup Forums

>Look at me im superior to you all cause all i think i think its right

About 2 songs in just haul off and absolutely slug the guy to your left. I mean just fuck his face with your hand.
Offer yourself up to have the favor returned. If he mans up, takes his lick and gives you one in return you have found your best friend. If he can't take his medicine he's a fucking pussy and doesn't belong. Then you and the rest can give the shitsack the crowd surf of shame off the floor and into the stands with the other bitches.

Metal encyclopedia? That exists?

Yes and it full of useless band. But if your can't find a metal band on Wikipedia. You'll probably find it on the Metal encyclopedia. Especially if it's old school.

Just watch one of their show on youtube and witness how awesome they are

Expect a lot of teenagers with bad piercings, it's the majority of their fanbase

pretty lame now
they were a decent metal band at one point in time
but now they are pretty bad and prepare to see a lot of 14-16yr olds trying to be cool and tough

Literally the angst kings of "metal", or whatever the bastardization of the variation of genres they are. "Iowa" had more emotion in it than the entirity of the 90s and 00s.

>brand loyalty
>corporate shilling

It would be worth going to a live show ONCE. Even if you don't like the music they put on a great show. Everyone likes to hate slipknot but their old stuff was really good imo, now they are pretty shit.

Like people are saying, it's easy to bandwagon hate slipknot, but I really like them in general, especially earlier stuff. (And I think their newest album is pretty good.) It's my understanding that they're amazing live, just for the spectacle if not the sound. Pyro, roatating drum table, and one of the turntableists is pretty insane with crowd dives. I'd listen to some of there stuff, and go enjoy yourself.