Has anyone here ever lived in a car/van while working? How did it work for you? What tips can you give?

Has anyone here ever lived in a car/van while working? How did it work for you? What tips can you give?

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12420393/top-blue-jays-prospect-daniel-norris-lives-own-code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump my niggas

Just be a slut for places to crash. As a bonus you get lots of sex that way.

ok homeless

She looks like the kinda girl who would kick my ass in sports then tease me about it relentlessly. Then I would go home and fap to the humiliation.

well Im moving and going to work 2 jobs, so ill be gone all day, I dont see the point of having an apartment

I see your point about not getting an apartment. You'd save an insane amount of money.

There was a website by a guy who lived/traveled in a van, but unfortunately I don't recall the name. He explained a bit about how he got by. Maybe you can find it.

If you're able to get a membership at a low cost gym (like one with $10/mibth fee like Planet fitness) you could shower there. Solves one problem.

Depending on your schedule you could make a deal with an hourly rate motel to use rooms in off hours

i wanted to try but in the end realised my skin condition really needed a comfortable bed to sleep on. nevertheless i really carefully planned for these things. Firstly, where you camp is a huge problem in some cities. Over here most parking lot gets vacated. If police comes and asks you to leave, you must do so otherwise you get into trouble. Doing this often in residential area have a tendency to be reported to police for suspicious activity. Food is a huge problem, since you will have no place to cook and constant stress of being a nomad will cast a negative influence over you. If you buy prepared food, its neither cheap or healthy and negates the savings you have by renting. But if you do have a Van with cooking facilities then its no problem for you.. Another factor to consider if you cannot anchor down at a specific place to sleep for long term is petrol costs. You need to work your math as ask if its worth it.

also a problem for me at down under, is the weather, where i live in generally very hot and day light time is very long in summer, the sun would be up by 4 in the morning and unless you have a really vented car/van and free from sunlight your sleeping pattern might be really fucked

I lived in my car for a while. Here are some of my experiences and tips:

Don't eat fast food often, nutrition is hard but I lived on whey protein, broccoli, and wholegrain bread. Luckily I like those. I did eat a nice breakfast and dinner out once per week.

Gym membership is spot on. I would workout and shower there, with the protein and lots of time to lift had some decent gains. Also can watch some TV at the gym.

Don't know your climate but be prepared for cold. Even in the summer it can get chilly so have a decent blanket.

Find a couple good spots and rotate where you park, I never had problems but just assumed this would draw less attention.

Carry a weapon. I have my concealed carry permit and had it on me even when sleeping. One night had a strung out junkie try to get in my car. Pulling on the handle, trying to break windows, and hitting my car. Scared the shit out of me, I drew my gun on him and he shit a brick and ran thankfully. I really didn't want to shoot a person but mostly I didn't want to discharge a firearm in a car and destroy my hearing.

Have jumper cables. Between charging my phone and listening to the radio I killed my battery on more than one occasion. One of those backup jump starter packs would be a good idea but expensive for a useful one.

Spring for a cheap hotel occasionally. Have to admit it was nice to have a hotel room occasionally. I thought it would make going back to the car suck but it didn't. Kept me sane and hopeful.

Stretch. My hangs things got tight as he'll sleeping in the car without room to really stretch out. I would stretch a few minutes before I went to sleep, seemed to help me.

Hope those tips help.

oh god, u lived in a normal car?
Thats awful, i was gonna buy an SUV or van and lay flat

Almost forgot. I kept a clean nice pair of cloths handy. Something not wrinkled and decent looking, if I went out to do something on short notice it was nice to not feel like I was living in my car.

wall mart parking lot is where i used to live in my car. they allow it and its legal there. also wall mart has pretty cheap decent food, so its like having a fridge right there (im sure thats why they allow it) also gym membership is KEY.
i would advise against living in your car in residential areas, the cops will bust you.

Should have everything specified, it was a station wagon. One of those VW Jetta sportwagonS. I did put the backseat down to lay flat but I'm 6'3 so it was kinda small sometimes. Also, I didn't plan to have to do it, if I did I totally would have expected bought a cheap RV or van.

dude what do u have in mind, i think a van would be more practical than suv, also how long u plan to do this?

there was a tripfag named vandweller on /o/ maybe a year ago, he was a pretty chill guy and ended up moving out of the van.

see if you can see some of his threads or posts archived wherever that shit gets archived.

also gym membership to shower. that's all I really remember lol

Woah, nice 00:00:00

espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12420393/top-blue-jays-prospect-daniel-norris-lives-own-code

A walmart was in my rotation while living in my car. Just have to pay attention to where, some walmarts are in pretty crappy areas. Food was indeed decent though, I remember getting some good salads for like $4 that would cost $15 at a restaurant.

I've seen some pretty cheap, but old and ugly, RV'S onot craigslist. $2000 for a small one that runs and drives. You'd have time to fix anything like the stove that didn't work. You'd have a kitchen, bed, and some have bathrooms too. Just would have to figure out where you could dump the waste...I've thought about this...

yeah its actually requiring a lot of planning. i assumed ur from USA which makes this so much easier. In AUS, its was really hard to do it. When it realized it just wasn't fianically viable in AUS i gave up. I wish you best of luck man! My life is like a cliff, slapped waves after wave, but yet we still stand because we need to.

Try airbnb or post some ad in craigslist