Explain to me why you drink every night?

Explain to me why you drink every night?

Well, to begin, thirst is a contributing factor ...

The thirst is real, my friend. And once you've had a sip, you go until you fall asleep.

I don't

actually i rarely drink. maybe in 1 year i will have the equivalent of 2 cups of alcohol.

Sounds like my dad. Only has a beer or two on christmas eve. What an idiot

that' 2 cups of wine, not 2 cups of pure alcohol. i have some homemade eggnog around christmas. i use sherry rather than bourbon.

I think of it as relaxation signaling. Like an idiot, I have conditioned my brain to immediately understand that the shite part of the day is over when the first drink goes down. I could probably sit around and convince myself over time without drinking... but what am I a fag? So I go for the instant.

What's about the hangover?

Mild hangovers can be managed with cannabis, but the potential for this sort of strategy to lead to a downward spiral in life is obvious.

the only thing i actually like (because it doesn't taste like alcohol) is my homemade eggnog. see

I don't, I smoke weed..

I'm the same way. Getting drunk after a long day really helps me relax

Alcohol just gives me a headache and the illusion that I'm a tolerable human being.

The only thing I've found that helped with a hangover is to drink a shit ton of water before I pass out. The next day for me is manageable, even though I can recognize the hangover is there. No headaches or aches, just the longing for another drink

It changes over time. If you were to drink every night for a year, you would loosen up, you faggot

I don't even have to get fully drunk, but the thought of not having at least 3 beers worth every night (3 regular strength beers will not get a 200 pound man drunk) is... unthinkable.

I used to drink a lot.
Now I do other drugs to loosen up, like benzos or opiates.
Faggot.

i want to escape how shit the thoughts and feelings in my head are

How much do you weigh?

It's not nice to call your dad an idiot.

I don't though.
I only really drink heavily on Fri or Sat during boardgame night.

So you'd rather switch from an acceptable addiction to a unacceptable addiction? Fucking junkie...

Your thoughts aren't shitty dude. The thoughts of the people around you are shitty. Don't give in and don't do anything to give you a lengthy jail sentence.
Sorry dad.

The former makes me feel like dogshit and exhausted.
So?
You think your insults phase me man?
Honestly, why the fuck would they bother me?
Do you think I even have a self-esteem?
Or do you automatically assume that it's low because I don't acknowledge it.
Go fuck yourself, smelly drunk.

I have a very close friend who used to be a junkie. OD'd in a McDonalds bathroom

Becasue its fun

O shieeeet waddddddddup

That's terrible.

I'm a schizophrenic and it helps me maintain a certain level of coherency. Effectively my mind is in constant overdrive and alcohol aids me in "dumbing it down" so to speak. It's absolutely terrible probably, but it puts me into a single mindedness that distracts me from myself and allows me to focus on something fun like vidya without being subjected to the constant hell that is my life.

I don't ever get blackout drunk though, because that could end up terribly. just enough to dial back the shittiness a few notches so I can try to remember what life used to be like.

Wow that sounds kinda fucked up. Oh well.

I wish I could still drink like before I was medicated. Now more than a beer or 2 and I'm on my ass

I drink Jaegermeister mixed with Everclear because my clown suit is so uncomfortable, and because the drunker I get, the more fucking my dog feels like fucking a girl. I really didn't think that working for the circus would be like this.

I drink erry night its been a good 5yrs that ive gone having at least 1 drink ...to put it bluntly i was a raging drug addict for a good ten years ...when i finally stopped my rampant drug abuse i took up rhe bottle with avengance ...i know it bad but amongst my peers it is the lesser of 2 evils ...judge away anons but you coulnt fit my shoes

I'm so fucking lonely, I just got out of a toxic relationship, and the worst part is, I still love her. Anyone wanna hear?

Being a functional alcoholic helps

Yeh

What drugs?

Alright

1/3
> Be 20 y/o Kissless virgin, no friends
> Cute girl starts working with me
> We kinda fall for each other
> She has a boyfriend, but we keep getting closer and closer as friends
> Text and talk constantly
> Bf Dumps her, takes it really hard
> Week later, she went out to a party to try to get on with her life, guy locked her in a room for 4 hours, beat her and raped her
> I'm there for her, I hold her while she cries, I tell her the world isn't over
> Quits her job to go into therapy and victim counseling
> On my 21st birthday, she plans a whole night for me and my only other reasonably close friend at work. He was kind of a third wheel, but we all had a great time
> No one had ever taken me out for my birthday before
> She would come visit me every night after work, just to talk and watch shit on my phone in the car while we'd smoke
> Ocassionally make plans, sometimes she cancels though, says her anxiety gets really bad sometimes
> We get closer and closer, we tell all our secrets, find out about the other person, deep dark secrets, like how we're both into beast for example
> Find out she has a crush on me
> Find out she's making me a card and gift for valentines day, go out and buy her a gift, and write a card with about a two page note in it
> We go to see Deadpool for V-Day, she was even more pumped about it that I was, I put my arm around her halfway through and she pulled me in closer to cuddle
> The movie ends and we exchange gifts in the car
> I give her mine, she reads it and cries. Says she'll never be able to top it. Says she didn't finish hers in time to give it to me, but remembers I haven't had my first kiss
> She asks if it's ok, I say yes, and we kiss, it seemed like ages but no time at all at the same time, she kinda laughs and says that for my first time I'm actually really good

>you couldn't fit my shoes
Cuz they're as small as your dick.
BOOYAH.

2/3

> Tells me after this that she isn't ready for a serious relationship yet, as much as she wants to. Says if she has a relationship with me, she wants to do it right.
> We spend a lot of time together after this, not officially dating, but doing all the things a couple would do, including making out as much as we could
> One day we decide to go to the Zoo, It would have been the perfect day if it wasn't for how it ended. She tells me that one of the times she canceled, she ended up sleeping with an ex (this was several weeks pre-V-day), says it was right after her breakup, and she still had feelings for him
> Fly into a rage, say some really nasty things to her
> Apologize, and make up, but now, every time she cancels on me, I'm paranoid that she's sleeping with someone else, even though we aren't a couple, and aren't sleeping together
> One week she cancels for the 4th night in a row
> Tell her to fuck off, she gives me this long text basically saying it's over
> Immediately realize I fucked up
> Work on fixing things over the course of a month, including sending her flowers etc.
> Finally, things are back where they should be, we meet up one night, the day before she leaves for a trip. We have a great time, like it used to be, tells me that she's done sleeping around, that she wants to be with me.
> Goes on the trip, I text her halfway through, she replies in good tone, says we'll talk when she gets back
> She left on a Thursday, supposed to be home on a Monday. I text her Tuesday, no answer
> Friday....no answer
> three weeks go by, me spacing out texts further and further apart, worried that something happened to her

3/3
> Talk to a mutual friend of ours, didn't know we even knew each other.
> He tells me that during our first fight, she slept with 3 guys that he knew of, one being him, and she's been living with a different guy since she got home from her trip.
> Send her a message saying it's over, still not having received a reply
> She responds, doesn't deny anything, says she wants to meet up, to explain her side of things
> Like the fool I am, I say sure.
> I try meeting her several times over the course of 2 weeks, each time she has a different excuse as to why she can't make it, catch her in a Lie about the last time, send a message
> Tell her I'm sick of being used, and that I obviously meant nothing to her.
> She responds saying it's for the best while she gets her shit straightened out, but that she would still like to see me again one day
> I end my message with "I love you"
> She ends hers with "I love you too"

You can call me a cuck, a loser, I don't care anymore, She was the first person to ever care about me, the first person to ever make me happy. I miss her so fucking much, but I know it's for the best. She's been stalking me now, liking ever post I make on FB, showing up places I normally go that she would never go on her own etc.

i bet she dies

Damn that sucks man, but to be honest she sounds kinda nuts. She doesn't seem to actually care about you too much, which might be hard to realize. She's gonna keep baiting you in and feeding off the attention you give her. Gotta cut the line bro.

I'm trying my best to cut the line, but it's hard, not only was she someone I fell in love with, she was my best friend, and losing both at the same time is rough for anyone. The worst part is, I'm obsessive-compulsive, and to be honest, she was one of my obsessions, and It's really fucking hard for me to let go.

I drink vodka to forget being drugged and raped. It's not all sunshine and rainbows OP.

You need to accept the fact that it will always be hard. Relationships change sooner or later. You knew that was a possibility going in.

Yeah, I'm just trying to move on. I signed up for online dating, matched with a few QT's and sent my first message to one tonight. I figure the easiest way to get over someone is to find someone new

Why did you leave your drink alone in a bar? If you wern't drugged someone would have peed in it at least.

Because I'm a sad attention whore

It helps with the traumatic nerve damage

dubs i get angry and drink or drink and get angry

dub dubs it helps me sleep tooo

don't be used ida told her to fuck off

I drink because I have been adrift for 24 years in a life too cruel to comprehend so I use alcohol to give me an ounce of belonging in a world where everyone is pit against eachother to get to the grave

makes me feel enthuastic about life againt