Question for the older wizard members of Sup Forums - how do you deal with being the 3rd/5th wheel every time you are...

Question for the older wizard members of Sup Forums - how do you deal with being the 3rd/5th wheel every time you are anywhere with your friends? Sometimes it doesn't bother me so much but many times it makes me feel completely crushed.

It will never change if you never change it yourself... PETER

Find ways to entertain yourself, like getting smashed and hitting on everyone you walk past

hahaha friends are for losers.

Use the opportunity to ask someone out. Might be less awkward if there's a group.

>how do you deal with being the 3rd/5th wheel every time you are anywhere with your friends?

Ask yourself - how come YOU are the 5th wheel?
How come it isn't the other person?
How come YOU are the loser of your group of friends?

I'm not because I have money.
Or even if I am it doesn't matter to me. I've known my friends for over a decade so we can just sit in a room and not talk for 12 hours and that's fine.

At least you have friends... I don't.

Do shit on your own or do something youre inviting them to. That way you can be coordinator and be able to alpha the whole situation.

Usually it doesn't bother me. I've known most of the people I consider friends for 10+ years. Just lately it has bothered me more for some reason.

These are all good questions. I don't have good answers for them unfortunately.

If you've known them that long chances are they don't give a fuck and neither should you.

I want to say that they are friends. I've known this particular group for 10+ years but who knows.

>asking wizards about having friends

c'mon, newfag

Maybe I should say fellow wizards? Not exactly new here but whatever.

myself, I think I've about adjusted to being alone. sure it can make you feel bad seeing others so happy and having so much fun with each other, poking and playing with one an other while we just sit on the other side of the room trying not to stare, focusing on your expressions to hide our loneliness.
I don't remember where I was going with this

Normally it doesn't bother me so much. It's just the past few weeks it has felt like I don't belong around people who are happy and in relationships.

Its easy to deal with if you treat the " hangout session " very loosely. Act like you're just there to be there, don't actively engage anyone

That's part of the weirdness here; I usually don't mind it so much but lately if there are two couples plus me there the couples end up talking to themselves and I end up talking to myself. Which makes me wonder why I show up for these things. But if I skip out everyone bitches that I'm not showing up. I don't know what to do.

Bring a girl from tinder dumbass

kraken is not bad. but try jack, smirnoff, or ocean vodka

my friends are all physicists and computer scientists, were usually a black hole of over our wives heads.

Normally I'm more of a whisky or beer person. Not a huge vodka fan, but I've never tried ocean vodka.

>how do you deal with being the 3rd/5th wheel every time you are anywhere with your friends?

I scan the area, find the hottest female who will talk to me, and invite her to join us.

were all drunk anyway so its a blast. then we play darts.

tequila is the nectar of the mexican gods.

IT here; feel like I'm the black hole over my own head sometimes. Heh.

Tequila makes me insanely aggressive for some reason. No other alcohol ever has that effect on me so I try to avoid tequila as much as possible.

I've tried that and crashed & burned.

Crash and burn every time here.

If you're still the 5th or 8th wheel when you're drunk you're either autistic or boring as fuck or both. Suicide is the only option user.

Try and be more outgoing and put yourself out there.
The reason you're in the background is because you want to be.
Got it?
>think about it

Gonna vote that I'm boring as fuck since I've never been accused of being autistic ever before. Suicide is always an option I suppose but I was kinda hoping to not go that direction.

Try stealing one of the girls? I ended up breaking up my friend and his fiancé and she moved across the country to be with me.

Would not recommend it if you value the friendship though

If they complain you're not there, they obviously don't see you as extraneous, right?

Make your own fun. Act like they are there for your amusement. I have no close friends, but casual acquaintances want to hang out with me because I am fun all by myself. I don't pay for everything, I don't have things that others couldn't get without me, I just do my best to enjoy myself. Be like that.

You are 100% correct in that usually I try and stay low-key if I can. I guess what is weird for me is when I get invited to events with couples who know I'm gonna be there alone and then forget that I'm there while they are all coupled up.

Well. Ever try online gaming? A lot of boring people actually get interesting when they go online and play since it's what you do is interesting, not so much you yourself in particular. Pewdiepie has virtually zero personality you could tell but he's a multi-millionaire. If you could make like 0.000003rd of what he makes you could still quit your day job. The gaming people are really nice and welcoming too. There's a couple assholes like that faggot that doxed that old man by calling him a pedo and nobody really swats anybody anymore since that's played out, but the community is mostly cool and you might end up with a hottie like videogamedunkie

It's weird - they will complain if I don't show up but if I do show up they don't pay attention to me if their gfs are around.

Every group has their loser.
You have found your purpose in the group.
You are there to remind everyone else that it's great to not be you.