Could use help getting pics off a galaxy s5. Will share

Could use help getting pics off a galaxy s5. Will share.

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2015/09/16/android-5-0-lollipop-lockscreen-password-hack/
thehackernews.com/2016/03/exploit-to-hack-android.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

use sidesync or a data cable.

powered up phone and found the screen is locked. got notification it can't recognize sim card. i put it in airplane mode after it connected to wifi and started receiving facebook notifications. shit! is it too late to cover my tracks?

need help Sup Forumsros

Google maps monitors everywhere you go, even when you don't have the app open...

You done fucked up. Google has a location history app installed that allows people to track their mobile devices based off internet connections.

Seriously, check it. If you access it on your computer, it's best. I can see everywhere I've been throughout the week. A clear line too, not just an approximation.

is there anyway to make it less obvious that the phone was powered up while she was away from her phone?

Yep. All kept in the cloud too.

I should clarify, *based off the history of internet connections*

jesus just copy the whole directory. Can't go wrong.

if it connects to the internet it can still get gps location and send that to the history log of location data.

No. You can only claim trying to get contact info, if that works in your situation.

Sadly that won't work in this case

How? Can I pull the micro SD card and read it with my laptop? Don't know anything about the file system used in these phones. Is it compatible with win 7?

Likely it's all on internal memory, which you have to gain access to the phone in order to read from USB. You probably won't find shit though. You'd have to root the phone and use diskdigger to really get good shit, such as snapchats, etc. You sound like a noon though, so you're fucked.

Fuck. Yeah, I'm out of my league. Don't know how to use smartphones. I've had the same cell for 14 years. I could probably figure out how to root the phone if I had the time. I've written a real time OS in C and assembly, but I don't know shit about Android.

i dun goofed. at least i could share my failure with Sup Forums

Educationally speaking, there are ways to getting access, pretty easily, with Android. The info is out there. I've had to do it on my own devices. There's forensic software that can almost automate it for certain phones.

I have still have an S5 and I've rooted it successfully. hit me up if you want user help. Email me - [email protected]

well shit. the phone belongs to my bosses daughter. she's cute. she left it in the office and i'm the only one who could of had access to it this late

agreed with user btw, recovery software is out there but if you've never done it, good luck. I once had a law student who accidentally deleted her research paper and was freaking out, when i recovered it she cried like a baby,

If I were you id give it to a 3rd party to look at, someone with some discretion so that you avail al l responsibility. hit me up if you want help, [email protected]

i appreciate the offer, but i'd hate to waste your time if i'm destined to go down in flames. do you honestly think there is anyway to cover my ass?

Buy an S5, say you thought it was yours?

it was buried in the bottom of her backpack

Pics/visa will be on external card if she has one.

Pull the card and look in dcim>camera. Or Snapchat, whatever.

I meant pics/vids will be on the SD card. You can pull it out without the passcode.

This

Ohhh shit. Not good. Maybe they don't know much about tech. They might not even know there is a find your phone option, or that Google maps tracks everything.

bgr.com/2015/09/16/android-5-0-lollipop-lockscreen-password-hack/

if it's lolipop 5.0 then you're in luck

yeah i saw that, but it was patched pretty quickly. is there anyway to figure out the software version with a locked screen?

If there's an ad card you don't need the code to get the pics, user! They're on the card!

try this:

thehackernews.com/2016/03/exploit-to-hack-android.html

Power off the phone and pull the card out, everything she has is on there and you don't need any bullshit code to get it.

yeah, my best bet might be to leave it powered on in her bag. she might not think anything of it. though it's strange that it would turn itself on at 11PM, and put itself into airplane mode

Phones are susceptible to glitches. Hell, something could have put pressure on the power button.

the phone has to load a page with the exploit, doesn't apply here

is there anyway to access the microsd card in a read only manner so that there is no risk of corrupting it or having the access time stamp appended to the read files

There won't be a stamp! She will never know as long as you just copy it to your computer.

not sure if you're telling the truth, or if you're just as eager as i was to see pics

I'm not lying to you. I've done this countless times, I've recovered shit for people who lost their passwords or forgot their codes - if there's a card, it's on there and there wouldn't be any trace of you touching it as long as you don't format it. Just copy it and nobody would ever know.

Make sure the phone is OFF before you take it out, and off before you put it back in.

DCIM folder has pics

Any app (ie Snapchat) has its own folder, pics are in there, also on the SD card.

If the phone is locked then even in recovery you can't pull the files. ADB pull won't work, and without a custom recovery you can't pull them in recovery.

I could walk you through flashing TWRP (which would give you full access) but that would void the phone warranty by tripping what's called the Knox counter. It can't be reversed - but it would work and it's 99.9% likely she would never boot to recovery anyway to find out.

don't you have to unlock the bootloader to you install TWRP? and wouldn't that would wipe the internal memory

Only if the bootloader is locked to begin with - ONLY Verizon locked them. Which... I don't remember if the S5 was locked on launch or not.

Come on, OP - doesn't take this long to look thru that folder and see if anything is good.

sorry, still trying to find a way to cover my ass. only have a couple of hours to pull this off

You copy the folders and that's it.

There is nothing that can go wrong.

Idk how else to explain this, there's no way you can get caught if you don't do anything to ruin it.