Why do British people say soccer came from England?

You idiots know that Mexico and China had their own versions of soccer before England was ever a thing, right?

What do British people have to do with soccer? It's more of a Latin American and German sport than it ever is British

Go back to playing faggot shit like rugby and darts and leave the sports to real men

Other urls found in this thread:

athleticscholarships.net/history-of-soccer-football.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

uhm

they codified the rules with the football association. wikipedia is cool man, give it a try sometime

>Go back to playing faggot shit like rugby

What does that make your 'football'? Considering that's just rugby for the handicapped

>soccer
>sport

Pick 1 and only one

Codification =/= inventing a sport

Germany has more to do with football than England does, at least in the minds of most Americans

ah, so you aren't even trying. at least make it worth my effort dude

>China and Mexico invented the sport
>both are absolute shit at it

How does it feel that we invented your language too?

How does it feel to know everyone around the world speaks American English?

England invented it.

A guy playing rugby decided to start kicking the ball instead and it caught on as football.

I heard this story in a museum

Mexicans and chinks kicking dead babies around the village doesn't actually count as football.

What does codifying a sport have to do with inventing it?

Trust me, even if England didn't codify it, the sport would still exist. There have been reports in the 1500 and 1600s of various countries playing this kind of football already

It's not that hard to understand. Take that English dick out your mouth

you're trying too hard lad

I challenge anyone to name a better English player than Chicarito

The Mexican games looked nothing like "football"

No idea about China, but it was probably fairly different as well, and it's sure as shit not like it was Chinese merchants, students, clergy, etc. that were going around spreading their version of the game in the late 19th century.

if you take away their false sense of superiority what do they have left? Do you like to hurt special kids?

It's kinda true though

Anyone learning English around the world learns American English

>Americans play football with hands

>Germany has more to do with football than England does, at least in the minds of most Americans

>talking out of your ass this much

Confirmed for never having left USA
Everyone else speaks Commonwealth English, it's only really your country which doesnt

literally the entire team, he's a literally who chicano manlet

As much as I hate England football wise you have to be literally delusional to claim they didn't invent modern football.

Also
>we codified our own version of the language so therefore we invented it
>England codified football? That means fuck all it was already invented before that

Yeah Canada and Australia speak British English

wrong

American English is normal to me.

Limey English sounds really weird, gay and nasal.

And no one cares what Pajeets and Pakis speak like.

Accent means nothing about the language you dumb fuck, it's how it's written not how it sounds

nobody uses british english outside the UK.

colour, favourite etc all look extremely ridiculous to us continental europeans.

we also dont use crisps to talk about chips. we call em chips.

literally nobody uses british english, and we literally cannot even understand what most brits say. literally no continental european who isnt used to scotts/scousers will understand them, but its easy for us to understand americans.

you are the cancer ruining the langauge

kek, the worst one is "diarrhoea"

no, the real cancer are the faggots who can't think of any other words than 'literally', and even then you can't use the word correctly

You must literally be brain dead if you think people are going to get confused if I write colour but not color

Have you ever traveled abroad? No one uses UK English.

Just like how no one associates soccer with the UK

>All the delicious butthurt when england wins

Wow who cares

They're still a worse team than most Latin American teams

Me and my friends could beat England

You seem frustrated m8. Did a unilad cuck you or something? Trying a bit too hard here, think you need to calm down.

I've travelled to every continent and fuck loads of countries (not bragging, just answering) and there are always remnants of British English

Admittedly the odd American word falls through but that's what happens when all their media in the language is from USA, but no one can say that no one understands how I talk, that's just retarded

Fuck off its not like you are better

based Peru

The Brits played ball sports since antiquity. Rugby, Golf, American Football, and Hockey all come from the Brits (including Irish)

>yfw a british lad goes to the US and gets poontang purely because of their voice

why do are Americans on Sup Forums always nasty to Brits when I like the Americans and am nice to you :(

>including the Irish

Fuck you. Ireland has nothing to do with the U.K.

And just because they play something doesn't mean they invented it. I haven't seen one shred of evidence that England did anything for soccer aside from codifying it (which would've happened eventually by China, Mexico, France, Germany etc.)

Another glorious cuju victory for England today.

>Ireland has nothing to do with the U.K.
Yanks are this delusional

>What does codifying a sport have to do with inventing it?
A lot actually

He's probably one of the Jewish MUH GERMAN-AMERICAN types

The majority of European countries teach British English

You have to born in the USA to be a Chicano fucking idiot

>it's sure as shit not like it was Chinese merchants, students, clergy, etc. that were going around spreading their version of the game in the late 19th century.
Too busy getting BTFO in opium wars and then getting BTFO during the boxer rebellion

> Fuck you. Ireland has nothing to do with the U.K.
There are written records of football being played while Ireland was under British rule.

You are a fucking retard.

ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND

SPORT

I'm Irish

We have nothing to do with England

Yes, I'm sure it wasn't uncommon for people to kick things around with their feet.

But the rules of the football we played were codified in England. Get rekt faggot.

Rugby = rugby FOOTBALL i.e. the rules of football that Rugby school played. There were lots of different codes of football.

>I'm Irish
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Yeah you do, you're our cucked bitch
And don't you ever forget it

Shitty thread, dude. Move on.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

This is true mate, they actually teach us to NOT speak like americans and all "listening" exercices are in British/Irish English

>me and my friends could beat England in a pie eating contest

>codifying a sport have to do with inventing it?

everything.
just like we refer to your football as American football, because you codified that way of playing the game. Aussie Rules football is an Australian sport, because they codified it. Gaelic football is Irish, because they codified it.

Any sport can be reduced to throwing, kicking, hitting, punching and said that it has precursors elsewhere, so fucking what?

What is "American English" exactly?

>cucked bitch
Rooney, Hart, and Cahill are Irish.

Dier = German

Lallana = Continental

The Rest = Black

> cucked

It's the same thing with how they pretend to be good at it too

I find it interesting how similar Mexico soccer fans and England are. We all know that they think they are hot shit in group stages rekking small countries only to geT BTFO by Argentina/Germany in knockout rounds.

It's more like old English, due to the printing presses, continentals spelled words with a U like colour or behaviour whereas the Americans continued to spell them without a U

Take english
Spell it incorrectly
Pass it off as a new language

wow by your logic cavemen kicking stones between sticks invented football

retard

Look, kicking a ball about and getting it in some sort of goal has probably been around for thousands of years. Nobody can possibly know who truly invented it. When it comes to who started the sport of association football as it's known today though, we invented it, and that's just a fact.

It's the other way around you dipshit.

I'm not talking about the team though, I'm talking about the country

We have you on a leash like the dog you are, pipe down or we'll stop feeding you again

The Chinks are notorious liars about their history. They claim they invented the camera before farming was invented and porcelain before modern man evolved. Theres a reason they are seriously tight about allowing foreign historians and archaeologists into the country. Don't Believe Yellow lies.

Faggots in this thread think that when the English claim to have invented football (i.e. association football, which we did) that we are claiming to have invented the motion of kicking something with our feet for fun.

Why can't we all be friends no matter where we're from? :)

You are both right tb h.
We study "british" english in school, but everyone just ends up speaking the "american" english in the end.
The American influence and culture us just too huge

>We have you on a leash like the dog you are, pipe down or we'll stop feeding you again

One word

ROTHERHAM

Watch your mouth lad, wouldn't want another Bloody Sunday
We wouldn't want to waste our bullets again

>These ABE threads that pop up everytime England win

Fucking obsessed and embarrassing tbqh

athleticscholarships.net/history-of-soccer-football.htm

>Records trace the history of soccer back more than 2,000 years ago to ancient China. Greece, Rome, and parts of Central America also claim to have started the sport; but it was England that transitioned soccer, or what the British and many other people around the world call “football,” into the game we know today. The English are credited with recording the first uniform rules for the sport, including forbidding tripping opponents and touching the ball with hands.

t. cuck

t. ricardo mexicosa the 1/256 native

Is running a sport? No, no it's not. Running is an activity.
The marathon is a sport, the 100m sprint is a sport, with defined rules and goals.

Kicking a ball is not a sport, it's an activity, an "exercise".
Football is a sport, which was invented by British people.

people just speak american english because brits don't like when we talk like them

Uhh what kind of Brazilian person thinks football was invented by the Brits?

Most Brazilian people I know think Brazil invented it

they obviously didn't invent kicking a spherical object or earning points for doing so, that's probably older than shitting, but they made the rules we use today

it's not that hard to understand

Yeah, that's why Brits are so good at football then?

Get the fuck out of here

are you sure they aren't just dumb Amerilards?

you are far too fat for that jamal, or are you one of the chicanos that post about how good chicarito is even when he's trash and has nothing to do with the thread?

>A FUCKING WHITE

I'm a Chicano.

England has nothing to do with the invention of football. We've been playing it longer than anyone else has

>Americans taking a break from being retarded by only pretending to be retarded

Never gets old

what's that got do with inventing the rules of the sport fattie

feel free to take credit for kicking a round object around, I don't care about some subhuman brown people kicking a dog turd around in their favela's. we codified the rules and formed the first league, so people class us as inventing the sport. maybe if your ancestors had spent more time doing things properly you wouldn't have had to leave your own country because the cartel wouldn't stop stuffing cocaine up your mums arse

Fucking gold

Stay jelly, m8. Even the great American sport of baseball is an English game.

Girls still play a variation of it in school, they call it Rounders though

The rules don't make the sport you stupid spic

Rounders >>> baseball

Mexico is better than England

Fucking around with a ball =/= Football

i like you guys and i'm grateful for the help you've given me understanding soccer concepts and rules, i like helping interested brits with baseball and football the same way. i'll actually be attending a premier league game in the fall

>spain
>speaking English
ahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah none of you faggots can speak English

just like the French kekkkkk

Shame on you. How deep is America's penis in your bumhole?