Are there any serial killers active in USA at the moment?

Are there any serial killers active in USA at the moment?
You never hear about them anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K38h0W2bZrQ
bgr.com/2016/04/26/fbi-hair-analysis-evidence-trials/
reason.com/archives/2015/05/05/the-fbis-hair-raising-forensics-disaster
articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-10-19/news/0410190150_1_odontologists-bite-mark-forensic-odontology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeee where they at?

It's all flash these days with the rampant spree killings. It's a 24 hr news cycle man. Americans don't have the patience for a guy that only kills one person every so often

I kind of assume it is too easy to get caught so it stops a lot of potential serial killers from taking the plunge.

Despite utter bullshit on TV, serial killers are actually very rare.

what was it about the 70's and 80's that saw more serial killers than now?

Haven't you heard? Mass shootings are so in right now. It's a shame. Serial killers used to put so much care into their work and it would sometimes take decades to track one down. And now you just grab a gun and go to town until they finally cap you. Shitty times, my friends.

yeah there is more 'art' in serial killings than there is in a mass shooting.

Most murders are crimes of passion committed by loved ones or relatives etc. It's actually not that hard to get away with murder if you're smart and have no connection with the victim

there are cameras everywhere now. most people walk around with devices that constantly communicate via gps. how do you get around all that these days?

I'm getting my masters in criminology atm. The fbi says there's anywhere from 40-60 serial killers operating in the states. However, media show any acts from a serial killing because it incites too much paranoia.
Basically they're still out there, we just don't hear about it for "our safety".

Give me an example.

crazy! do you know of any of the current killers? any links to read up on them?
Those media fucks should tell us if someone is murdering in our towns and cities.

I think of how methodical Bundy was. There is art in that.

Unless you're working in an investigation, that stuff is usually has a tight lid on it. I'm sure if you look around for long enough you'll find something.
About a year ago, there were body parts found scattered around the hollywood hills. From what I understand it could have possibly been a serial killer.
And honestly, it's not that they're more rare nowadays. It's just that investigation work and CSI has become more refined that it's easier to catch them.

The cops didn't have todays technology yet like fingerprint databases and dna stuff.
You could do more shit before they were on to you.

You could consider some serious gang members serial killers. There'll be members of MS13 who have bodied 3+ people.

But nowadays it's pretty hard to get away with multiple murders over a prolonged period; DNA, CCTV etc. A lot of potential serial killers are probably caught on their first offence.

They still turn up now and then. But it's more common to have spree killers than serial killers in the US.

If you want the worst serial killers, look to places like South America, Asia and Africa. Where there's poverty, corruption and war, it's a serial killers playground. They won't be on any list because they won't be caught.

psh yeah kids these days

I just want to read about a new Dahmer.

Some would argue that there is an art to mass murders too.
Id like to think serial killers have a "passion" for it, but it's an addiction. The only reason they're methodical is because they don't want to get caught. They keep doing what works best for them.
But there's several that are just lazy and sloppish. Henry lee lucas for example was just a brute. Aileen wournos had no art form.

>watched Dexter once, was never the same

Why read about it when you can do and be immortalized forever?

How would you know, there's probably lots that have never been caught.

shill thread

That art style is fucking ugly though.

Ive read estimates that 3 or 4 serial killers use Rock Creek Park as their dumpsite

yeah it's the jews you fuckin' knob

go back to Sup Forums

I actually own that shit, it's a pretty good story

yeah this, not to mention technology makes it harder for them to do that shit. Either way any recent serial killers probably dont get any attention, no one gives a fuck about them or surprised anymore.

FaggĂ´t

Don't stop man please I'm reading these. Ur the man

so it's a pointless hobby to take up?

you pick hobos that will never be missed? hunt in heavily tourist driven places (hard to keep track)? just a couple of ideas

Yeah, i know your jealous. its ok.

>Muh Dick.
I have kilt 5 women and 2 girls ...What ya think?

dat ass

There are plenty of serial killers roaming the streets right now statistically speaking someone is probably being murdered by one right now.
Of course you don't hear as much about them in the news but I assure they are out there.
I'm not sure why we don't have them in the forefront of mainstream media anymore but maybe the press and the fbi finally realized that
covering serial killers like they are rockstars
isn't such a good idea because of the whole copy cat thing.

According to former chief of the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit, John Douglas, there are 25 to 50 active serial killers in the United States at any given moment.

It's a lot harder to stay undetected these days due to massive advancements in technology and forensic capabilities but for sure there are active serial killers plying their trade out there. There are potentially still a few active serial killers from the golden age of the 70's that were smart/lucky enough to not get caught as well.

Look at the BTK serial killer. He was active from the 70's in to the 90's and was only caught because he fucked up and got lazy in 2005

Here is a pic of an 11 year old girl that he abused then hanged in her own basement after he made her watch him murder her entire family. Just if people were unclear how different the mindset is of the serial killer compared to your average angry spree shooter.

According to the FBI, there are usually between 200 and 300 active serial killers in the United States at any given point of time. They aren't as rare as you think.

BtK was caught because he was stupid and got way too cocky. Not laziness.

They cover terrorists and terrorism like that though.

This is false.

no he got caught because he didn't know how to use a fucking computer

>Id like to think serial killers have a "passion" for it
Why would you like to think that? Who fucking cares. Serial killers deserve to be put behind bars or put down - not endlessly romanticized and turned into commercial products. It's kind of pathetic how many people go beyond morbid curiosity into the realms of fandom for these bottom feeders.

There probably are. I can see someone who travels a lot murdering random people from time to time for no reason other than the enjoyment.

Other than that, it seems like it's too easy for most people to get caught doing anything nowadays with all the technology we have and shit.

Thank you I love this dudes graphic novels been trying to find the scans of this one

Some people will fill the voids of their shit lives with anything (including dahmer replica dildos)

Thanks for posting these. Enjoying the read.
Makes me feel sad and sorry for Dahmer.

and why did he want to use the computer? because he was stupid and cocky and wanted to thumb his nose at the cops.

thanks for posting these... never seen em before

thanks
nice dubs

yeah that's true

I heard a homocide detective in a medium-big city talk about serial killers once. He estimated that the city (population less than one million) had about a dozen men on the verge of becoming serial killers. The psychopaths beat up prostitutes, and sometimes it escalates to more violence than that.

But you know he was mad because he wasn't getting any attention from the cops.

Ah, Black Dahlia. A classic.

ya man, return the starter kit. fun's over

thanks for sharing this. i read the whole comic one time and it's really good.

Yeah that's on a pretty global scale though that's the hot new thing for them essentially a gang like the cartel is what I would compare that to.
Like the other user said it's also because of the paranoia it generates.

man have you read any of that stuff in the lay media recently about how a lot of forensics is all bullshit? i'll try and find a link for you.

media doesnt inform anymore to not make them famous

youtube.com/watch?v=K38h0W2bZrQ

Excuse me for having a hobby.

There seems to be a strict media policy of
>DONT TALK ABOUT SERIAL KILLERS

bgr.com/2016/04/26/fbi-hair-analysis-evidence-trials/

reason.com/archives/2015/05/05/the-fbis-hair-raising-forensics-disaster

articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-10-19/news/0410190150_1_odontologists-bite-mark-forensic-odontology

it's weird, i'm inclined to think you're wrong but i honestly can't remember a recent case of an honest to goodness serial killer