I survived a head on collision and spent 6 weeks in a coma. AMA

I survived a head on collision and spent 6 weeks in a coma. AMA.

What happened to the other guy?

This weather sure is crazy right? haha

Surpisingly she walked away. Honda Odessey. Go figure...

Damn :0 do you remember what it was like when you first crashed? Like the pain and stuff?

Fortunately I have no memory of the wreck or anything from that day. I was in surgery for 13 hours and took 27 units of blood. My abdomen was ripped to shreds by the lower part of the seatbelt.

Is coma a blackout or did you dream or whatever?
6 weeks is a long time. Who paid your bills? What about your job?
Anything happened turing your coma?

It was drug induced. The bills will start rolling in soon. My company has taken very good care of me. It's a small tech firm. We're all good friends.

I meant bills as in heat,electricity,internet,phone etc?
Forgat that murricans have to pay for healthcare too. Holy shit that sucks. I live in a 2nd world shithole but don't have to pay for medicalcare.

Ah. My wife has been dealing with that part. Fortunately they are being handled.

What car will you get next? Will you get something bigger than that shitbox now?

Did you just wake up like it had only been a few minutes? I got put to sleep for several hourd surgery once and woke up like I had only dozed off for. Was or anything like that or did you feel out of sync?

Ausfag? Where was the accident? What's the long term damage to you op?

Hey now that shitbox saved my life. ;) Not sure what I'm going to buy. I haven't thought about it.

you mean hardly saved your life. look at that crumpling all the way back by the rear wheels.
do you know how fast you were moving when you hit the other car?

Why can't you drive or die properly?

What was it, a civic or an accord or something?

Hey , I just realized, you haven't even greentexted the story yet. What's up with that, OP, you know the rules.

Yeah when I woke up it felt like I had just been asleep overnight. I had no clue where I was or what was going on. My wife told me I kept trying to pull the tracheotomy tube out.

01-03 civic

Clearly pre 03 accord coupe

kek

>Roofline
>Trunk
>Wheelbase
That's not a civic.

Damn. Glad you pulled through.

The accident was on a back road behind my neighborhood. I live in a populated area so rescue was there in no time.

Spot on. It was an '02

Thanks user.

Wow user, I can barely see that it's a car

I've been looking at buying one lately. My 01' Sedan halfway cooked it's autotragic transmission and is now past 200,000 miles. Plus the back half of the car is still very identifiable.

Did it change your perspective on life? will you live your life different in any way? how?

But what if you didn't wear a seatbelt? Would you have been better? You know, no eviseration?

I take back my comment on it being a shitbox, OP. If it was an accord its midsize.

Looks like it was pretty nice.

Fuck. I look at that wreck and wonder what the result would have been in a car smaller than that like a Prius or something.

>spend 6 weeks in a coma
>still have to wait 3 days for overwatch

Glad your okay OP, survived a car crash last month. My 2001 Nissan Sentra XE flipped 4 times and I was in a coma for a week.

From the looks of it, he'd have been in the next country.

This one had 212k and ran perfectly. When I bought it in '06 it only had 22k. 5 speed.

Were you unable to turn?

Kill your self

You scared to drive now?

Yeah I took care of it. In the end it took care of me. :)

Funny enough, my wife drives a Prius. Weight is closer than you'd think. It's probably a lot safer tho, better compartmentalization. And side airbags, and her seatbelts are more secure.
It would probably look worse though.

Nope. As soon as I'm able I'll be back behind the wheel of something else and also riding my Ducati.

who's watering your lawn

Do you know how the crash happened?

So the other person walked away as she fucking drunk? Who got the ticket from poleizi?

checked

I'm not surprised about the weight with the batteries and all, but meh, prius just don't float my boat.

I got hit by a nigger head on driving my 04 corolla when it was new. Thank God he was only going 40 or so but we walked away without a scratch.

Fucking shit OP. Good on ya. What kinda tech stuff do yall focus on?

yo i was hit by a car goin almost 30mph on my bicycle a week ago

aint the feeling of blacking out nice and calm dude? im not afraid of death anymore after experiencing that wave of total relaxation

however im glad we're both here to talk about that shit afterwards huh user hope the recovery been good

How long is recovery? Is physical therapy painful? Also you work in tech. What specifically, I'm in a graduate program about app sec. Is it lucrative? How long you been in the field (it's ok to divulge, we know you not user).

Mine was bought at similar mileage.
Been driving it since age 12.
Thought my grandparents had the trans fluid serviced at more reasonable intervals than Never when I got it. Started acting up in the 19x,xxx mile range. Drained what looked like grease, sure it was factory fluid. Torque converter clutch and shift solenoids fried. Replaced with salvage parts. Takes all gears again, bit you have to be gentle or first is rough, there's a delay that didn't used to be there. Before it hit the fan it was smooth as silk even if you floored it. Engine is still great, only needs a valve cover gasket. Starts first turn even in the cold.

Read the thread.

Yes. And It's probably the reason I'm alive. I had a sudden drop in BP and passed out. Since I was out cold I wasn't rigid during the wreck and bounced around the car instead of having a death grip on the wheel. I have a heart condition that is monitored by a device I wear. That's how they know I was unconscious. I just glad no one died.

Not OP, but I believe that I can share my insight on the matter. I was in the hospital after an overdose that left me detering between life and death for two weeks. Death is simply the ending of our consciousness. There is no life after it, and this experience has left me with closure and comfort what is to come.

Checked and keked

It'll be about 13 months. Accident was 2 months ago. PT isn't too bad. The only major injury I sustained was a shattered left ankle. It's been rebuilt.

Overdose from what OP? I've been in the hospital for amphetamine OD and it wasn't fun at all. I don't fear death itself at all, but I fear a painful agonizing death.

Mine either. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't even like ABS.
But If you do a lot of highway driving (my wife does at least 70 miles on work or school days, though she just graduated) it's wonderful. Quiet, comfy, good on gas.
But completely soulless

What overdose leaves you in a life or death for two weeks?

>wife work
>wife school
She studied what? Her field and degree level?

That H fam. And krokodil fam.

You probably shouldn't drive anymore.

I say this thinking of people I care about. What if you "pass out" and kill my wife and son?

Go get yourself a chauffeur.

What's it like to have a wife, OP?

>does she smell nice?

if you drink don't drive do the watermelon crawl OP

>2 weeks
I call bull shit

Nursing.
RN/BSN
We're both a bit older than our years. Strange, very rough childhoods.
People have thought I'm at least in my 30s since I was 19-20... General demeanor and (stress induced) gray hairs..

What in tech specifically? Will you run us through your day to day.

Asking the right questions

are you one of those fags that praises god for saving you or did you write a letter of thanks to the engineers.

Oh, and technically she's my fiance, but we've been together ten years now and the weddings in the fall.

what religion, user?

This has never happened before. Rest assured I won't be behind the wheel of anything until they determine the root cause. I've had this prolapse my whole life and it's never affected me like this. It could be completely unrelated.

None really. I'm pretty agnostic. I've had spiritual experiences and shit, but I don't jive with most churches and organized religion given the fact I've only ever met MAYBE 3 truly Christian people. I believe if there is a higher power, the way the Bible tells it, they'd understand why I might not trust what everyone has passed down and mostly ignored for millennia and instead judge me by my character and those I have tried to help.

I was experiencing dehydration, tachycardia, intense delirium. I was constantly breaking out of restraints, and fighting the staff. Admittedly, the critical stage was in the first few days, but I was in a fugue for two weeks. After coming back to reality, I had no recollection except for the moments I'd awake for seconds and drift back off into blackness. The picture attached is my IV scar.

>and instead judge me by my character and those I have tried to help.

>telling God how to do things
Doesn't work like that, gotta have faith, user, the good works don't get you nuthin'.

are you an ayyy lmao?
>are you a grey?
>did you crash in area 51?

What do you do in tech. Where your skills lay? Glad your company taking great care though. I will not stop asking about your job in a AMA thread sir

How long did it feel like the coma lasted?
Did you feel like you were asleep for a long time or were you just driving along then boom you wake up in a hospital?

Then what's all this business about "forgiveness" and being told he helps those that help themselves (those who aren't entirely gullible).

If you can live a life full of self sacrifice and helping others, despite having been screwed over HARD and lied to many times, why would a forgiving and all knowing God not understand and forgive you for not following an old and altered text verbatim?

Thems the rules, user, I wish I could explain it better, but good works are just what you naturally do when you love God, they don't get you into heaven. Gotta have faith and be in a state of grace, blah blah blah you know the drill.

You were an inch away from finding out, Sup Forumsro, maybe it's an opportunity to reconsider faith?

Just sayin.

Please tell us some things you saw in the future, user.

>did you have any dreams

>Faith
>Belief without evidence
No thanks

God would understand. He made you. Just love mane. Now about your job...

I'm not OP.
And currently I work for a company that helps those with developmental disabilities live as normally and independently as possible. I do in home care.

Did you sleep well?

Why won't Canada take more of my Syrian brothers.

Oh boy, here we go..

I don't know. I'm American and of mainly of Hispanic and Mexican ancestry. Not sure what my mom's side gave me, my grandparents from that side are dead and they were the only ones who even Tried to talk to me since I was about 6-7 years old.

That ain't tech bruh. But thx finally heal well. Maybe marijuana will help your pain.

Who was at fault and what caused the accident? Have you hired a good kike lawyer to help you get dat sweet insurance settlement moneys?

>SHE walked away, go figure

This is why you drive a large car in burgerworld.
And the reason I'll never drive a sedan

I.
Am.
Not.
OP.

Come on, dude.

Lo siento ese

Im sorry bruh. I will commit sudouku for. Honor

Only one in my family who can't speak spanish.
Foster care in Texas was a mean bitch. The reason I was taken was revealed to be a falsehood and they still didn't let my family take me home for 3 years after.

>prolapse
Stop putting things in your butt, OP. You almost got someone killed with your carelessness.

Serve your penance, brother.

Cars are made to crumple. They absorb impact and direct force around cabin. Passenger compartment is still fairly intact, shame it was a cheaper car, seatbelt systems on luxury cars are more forgiving. Did it's job though... OP is here today.

did you have any dreama or something like that wich you remember?

I'm pretty sure it's an accord

Krokodil has supposedly arrived in the U.S.

why didn't you go into the light?