New Doom game, what is your opinion about?

New Doom game, what is your opinion about?

Was good for a few hours, did it on Ultra-violence, finished it on nightmare, tried ultra-nightmare, I don't have the patience for that. Multiplayer is meh... All in all, short lived mindless entertainment, wasn't terrible, but was terribly over-hyped.

It kicks ass.
Short. But fun as hell.
Play on ultra violence. So much fun blasting these hordes of demons. Just like classic doom in a lot of ways.

Definitely not worth $60 plus $40 season pass. Campaign is short, multiplayer is equivalent to Halo: Hellraiser, and the only DLC are going to be map packs.

I am with you, with this game I remind the original ones, I feel very happy with this game

overhyped game, wasnt impressed, only by the graffics, and there is something wrong with the voice narrator in every aspect of the game!

/thread

multilayer reminds me of halo reach

I am not interested in the multiplayer, thanks.

The snapmap is like the olds .wav??

>graffics

what

How is that /thread?

1) Best graphics in an FPS in a looooong time. When on ultra/nightmare, you're in for a memorable treat. The gore and gibs are amazing to watch free fall after you super shotgun a baddie in the face.

2) The map design. Nothing comes close to the landscape that this FPS tackled. Going to hell and coming back to the station was literally night and day, and really showed off the engine's capabilities. The proper usage of lighting alone to assist the player along the gameplay was perfectly balanced with the gorgeous infrastructures id put out.

3) Nightmare mode was actually challenging for once. FPS games are far too easy these days, and I found myself getting wrecked (mostly due to the splash damage of the rocket launcher, which seemed to mimic the old titles in that it's absolutely HUGE.) I'm going to give ultra-nightmare a try after I run through regular nightmare one more time, finding as many secrets as possible.

4) Multiplayer isn't really that "meh." It's a lot of fun when playing with friends and matched up with decent players. Clan arena is one of my favorite highlights to id games, and it held up decently within DOOM. I'm a bit sad they fucked up the multiplayer lobbies, because I often found myself waiting for a moronic noob to ready up while everyone else in the lobby was ready to play. I don't think I ever skipped the two-minute wait time once, and that's an extreme damper on a game that's supposed to be a tribute to the old "gun and run" shooter. They fucked up there, and really need to find support for dedicated servers... but, since this is a console game + Bethesda title, that will never happen. Waiting for future mod support to fix this.

5) It lived up to the hype. Duke Nukem Forever was terribly over-hyped. Bethesda did a great job of marketing DOOM to both casual fraggers and veteran fraggers.

Suck it down. It was a classic, SP-wise. MP-wise still needs fluff.

Yeah, you didn't play the game if you're complaining about the narrator. Simply calling him a "narrator" is funny as balls.

Once you pick up 'the rich get richer' artifact or rune, whatever that fucking pebble that gives you superpowers, it just became a micro rocket spam fest for me.

Maybe I need to give it another playthrough on nightmare where that won't be as easily spammed

No game these days is worth $60. They should still be $50 max.

The only reason I'm giving DOOM a pass is because of the amount of effort they put into designing and developing this game to flow as well as it did. I'd like to see CoD or Halo keep up with the single-player campaign DOOM provides, a campaign that causes anxiety and endless nostalgic loops as you're worrying if a demon is about to creep up and one-hit you from behind (nightmare mode.)

Engrossing gameplay that grips you like DOOM's is something we just simply don't find these days. A lot of mainstream review editors seemed to have completely dismissed that fact, or are too drowned in cookie-cutter shooters to realize that something beautiful happened in DOOM that no other shooter has done in the past ten years.

How did you not play it on the hardest difficulty?? Especially if you're on PC, there's absolutely no excuse not to dial it up.

Replay it, asap. You'll actually have to manage your ammo as well as time your powerups properly after a) learning the spawn waves of the baddies or b) being a boss-ass bitch like me.

balls? funny?.. that sounds shady, haha.

the game is fine, there is just some small stuff that didnt work. I guess this game is like really good when your stone ass fuck like you

A perfect mix of old and new fps games.
It is nothing but but gory over the top fun.

Love it, reminds me alot of doom in the good ole days. Not played multi player, not really my thing

If you meant stoned as fuck, then yes, I was stoned as fuck while playing the game.

First impressions were this:

I'm going to shit my pants if I have to deal with hearing those zombie fuckers stacking their screams and wails again.

id chose not to limit the loudness of zombie groups when they're thirsting for your sexy marine body. When you have 20+ zombies coming at you, it is loud as fuck through headphones to the point of piercing your soul, and scared the absolute FUCK out of me.

I love that shit. That's the shit that made me love Doom 3, but this offering is even better because I can go up to them and beat the shit out of them instead of just killing them with a pistol headshot (although that's still applicable here.)

I didn't realize until I was about 5 minutes in how much fun I haven't been having with video games lately. It's fun. It's just really fun. Everything about design-wise seemed to be "well is it fun? ok do it" instead of trying to be realistic or whatever else.

Also the map design is fantastic and the sound design is also amazing.