Why doesn't brazil just invade the other divided south american countries?

Why doesn't brazil just invade the other divided south american countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing
huffingtonpost.com/young-professionals-in-foreign-policy/the-netherlands-and-germa_b_9283072.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Brazil is itself a divided south american country

Becase we already have enough niggers to take care of.

But, during Military govt they had plans to annex the Guianas and Suriname.

We should've done it in the past.
Nice meme.

>they had plans to annex the Guianas

please try

>picking a fight with the Netherlands and France

Pretty sure we can handle you both in a land war. Besides, rekting dutches isn't new to Brazilians.

We could take you niggers in the jungle desu.

But yeah it was a retarded plan.

We can reach you, but you can't reach us.

There is no risk to us.

I can see why Brazil would want to annex that land (even if it's Muslim/Hindu/black population is a toxic mix) but why would you people fight to defend it? I'm sure France can find plenty of other equatorial sites to laumch rockets from.

What do you mean? They'd invade and control it within hours while you can't dump supplies over there fast enough to take it back

We have six Caribbean Islands with troops. Well, mostly American troops.

>Well, mostly American troops.

wtf?

It would literally be Falklands v2.
When Brazil was still a colony and Napoleon tried to invade Portugal, Brazil's colonial garrison tried to attack French Guyana and failed.

>Pretty sure we can handle you both in a land war

pretty sure we can handle you elsewhere

The Americans use our Islands to spy on Venezuela.
Venezuela is angry at us as they fear we are preparing to invade them with the Americans.
So Venezuela threatens the Netherlands constantly.
The Netherlands gets worried and more American troops get stationed on our Islands.

We can reach our objective (Suriname) easily, you wouldn't be able to anything. It would be faster than the battle for the Netherlands in ww2.
I don't think you understand the behemoth Brazil is. There is nothing Netherlands would be able to do. The problem would be the French navy and that's it.

>taking Venezuela threats seriously?

Really? The only thing that it can be considered a danger is their SU-30. And they're mostly grounde cuz no money to fly.

You would have to rely on the unreliable Charles De Gaulle or Caribbean Islands since you would lose the foothold in South America very very fast. I do however believe this will happen sooner or later.

>I don't think you understand the behemoth Brazil is.

And neither do you. Brazil has not a single chance against France.

On a land battle? The Guyana is not the Falklands, we don't need to cross the ocean to reach it.

That's also what Indonesia said.

Too complicated. Sounds like a giant waste of american money tbqh phamily

Just stopping by to say Brazil needed the help of 2 other countries to defeat a tiny landlocked nation

That's all

Good thing we aren't Indonesia, we've been cutting your sissy asses since the 17th century.

why taking it by force when we can do it by diplomacy and culture?

It's your own backyard, so you probably want to be there anyway.

we did it mostly alone

>taking Venezuela threats seriously
Every looked at the map of Venezuela?

1. We don't have a military that can do that. Venezuela has Su-30s, Colombia has highly trained infantry, Chile has Leopard 2s, Argentina has its own military complex on pair with Brazil and then there's all the other countries. Our only advantage is an aircraft carrier that uses modernized A-4s.
2. The rest of the world would intervene. If when a small country invades an even smaller country the US DoD goes nuts, then you can only imagine what the world would do if the 5th largest country dediced to rank up 3 positions
3. Most importantly, different culture, language, and too many problems to take care of already.
That being said, there are behind the curtain talks between south american elite (high ranking politicians, businessmen, generals, etc) to slowly and peacefully unify SA.

>needed
This isn't true and you know it. Paraguayan """"""""war"""""""" was a big fucking retreat by Paraguayan forces since they set foot in Brazil.

Maybe we can sway Trump to help us.

Or they could just fucking nuke Brasilia several times over you fucking luso monkey

Brazil can take anything in latin america but it can't invade islands so the carribean is improbable.

>2016
>fighting for territories

>2. The rest of the world would intervene. If when a small country invades an even smaller country the US DoD goes nuts, then you can only imagine what the world would do if the 5th largest country dediced to rank up 3 positions

I'd figure no one gives a shit what happens in random SA countries

Heck there's wars all the time in africa and no one gives a shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

>Or they could just fucking nuke Brasilia several times over
>doing a favor to your enemy
Wew

>We don't have a military that can do that.

Debatable

>Venezuela has Su-30s

Meme, they barely fly and they don't have support

>Colombia has highly trained infantry

Idk, never looked into.

>Chile has Leopard 2s

How are they gonna cross the andes

>Argentina has its own military complex on pair with Brazil

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But you're right on the rest, we win nothing by invading neighbors.

>Brazil
>invade
It ain't us dawg.

We also have American nukes that become ours if war is declared.

hermanos are our bros irmãos no need to fight them

>stealing nukes

Really? Like, you guys have the codes and keys?

No you don't. That only comes into play if you get attacked in the North Atlantic region.

Brazil would have trouble with Guiane but Suriname is easily theirs.

It are bombs. Not missiles.

Plus it's no big deal anyway. A Dutch company does 30% of the uranium enrichment of the world. Pakistan got it's tech from us.

But your culture is basically futbol, carnaval and telenovelas, you're basically a blank slate "neutral" latino culture just waiting to be taken over

Big fucking deal too. Brazil not only have one of the largest uranium deposits in the world, but also dominates all the tech to make bombs and reactors. The only reason we don't have nukes is because we don't want to.

Why fight?

We're all friends.

>But your culture is basically futbol, carnaval and telenovelas, you're basically a blank slate "neutral" latino culture just waiting to be taken over
By that logic I could say your culture is chavo del ocho and jumping walls, but I know that that is false

Your culture is basically tacos and beheading, you are basically a blank slate "neutral" latino culture just waiting to be taken over

>let me, a Mexican, talk about your country's culture

Dude, stop. It's getting cringy.

>Dude, stop. It's getting cringy.
It's not "cringy". You are stupid if you don't know that.

>huurrr durr we wuz nukes

Fuck off monkey.

Btw this knowledge is so fucking old, I'm mesmerized by the fact another Brazilians is ignorant about it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

If they really want it there's no way les enfants de la patrie are going to be able to do a thing about it.

You could have nukes but the USA would tell all of our friends to stop trading with you and you'd essentially become less shit Iran

t. Literal retard

kek, you wish hue, our having an actual cuisine is part of the reason we are colonizing Americans, as for violence we are nowhere near your levels

Face it Brazil, there's a better chance you'll be learning Spanish than any of us will be learning samba

true

We do have the technology for it, we just don't want to.

Nope. We were pursuing nuclear weapons before and the US knew about it. The reason we stopped with the program is that after the end of the military dictatorship, everything military related became taboo. That being said, if Brazil wanted to have nukes, nobody would stop us.

I remember reading something about the nuke deal, that if a country have a casus belli, they can build nukes. Right?

>As of November 2009, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey are hosting U.S. nuclear weapons as part of NATO's nuclear sharing policy
>On 10 June 2013, former Dutch prime minister Ruud Lubbers confirmed the existence of 22 shared nuclear bombs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing

MAKE PARAGUAY GREAT AGAIN

>Face it Brazil, there's a better chance you'll be learning Spanish than any of us will be learning samba

Idk if you guys are aware of that, but we have no fucking clue about Spanish America. You culture, music, cuisine, is all a mystery for us. We're pretty far from each other, believe it or not.

I swear by God we barely know about Argentinian or Uruguayan culture.

How fast could you guys put together a nuke if you wanted to? I mean you must have them disassembled and ready to go

Then again there's no real reason as there's no large threat facing the SA continent so it's more beneficial to play the neutral we are peaceful game

Seems stupid desu.

Like what if some batshit crazy person gets elected and he just pushes the button?

The use of nukes over a tiny bit of land in southamerica is unrealistic. If Brasil wants to take it, they will and you wont be able to do a thing, even pairing with France.

never invade the amazon jungle or we will call cangaceiros

I think they are under American control until something happens.

Plus we're a monarchy. So is Belgium. We can't get batshit insane people elected because our King can just fire him.

uhm, why do you think that we will destroy Mexico or feel bad if you succeed? Most BRs would probably like to see another Latin Country as a world power

>How fast could you guys put together a nuke if you wanted to? I mean you must have them disassembled and ready to go
Without tests? Probably months, since we have operating facities able to enrich uranium for bombs, but nukes require tests and efficient miniaturization that take longer.
>Then again there's no real reason as there's no large threat facing the SA continent so it's more beneficial to play the neutral we are peaceful game
True. That being said, having the capability to do so doesn't hurt.

They're still our nukes until we get in a war together.

America wouldn't help you against Brazil. NATO doesn't mean we have to fight in that region. Its why Argentina attacked the UK in Falklands and the USA just let it happen.

>We can't get batshit insane people elected because our King can just fire him

Well, learn something everyday. I didn't know that.

I think that if we take the land, it will provoke a shitstorm in the region, but not a nuclear shitstorm.

>America nuking Brazil
lamo, they are more likely to help us and share the bounty.

Cool. Does the monarchy have control on the nukes too?

I don't mind learning spanish nor eating tacos tbqh.

In the Caribbean the USA, France, the UK and the Netherlands tend to do things together (to protect the Islands of all of us).

I honestly have no idea what would happen if Suriname would get invaded. They are independent. But I think our government would feel the moral obligation to aid them. So chances are it would lead to war.

In our war with Indonesia the USA funded half our military and the UK supplied the hardware (boats). It's not unlikely such a thing would happen.

Actually they don't have anything disasembled and ready to go, as part of CEPAL and as signatory to Tlatelolco Brazil is sibject to regular inspections.

Only 3 countries in Latin America, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico, operate nuclear power plants. All three are subject to non proliferation rules

>Argentina attacked the UK in Falklands and the USA just let it happen

I watched a video today about the Rio-Pact, which is like NATO, but for american countries.

It doesn't mean shit. Like there were three times that should be activated but nobody answered the call. (Lobster "War", Falklands crisis and 9/11)

>“The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

>in Europe or North America

You're on your own.

>another
>world power

>Brazil and Argentina
>regular inspections.
Kek, do you know who inspects those two? Brazilians inspect Argentina and Argentinians inspect Brazil. That being said, Brazil only offers a limited inspection, usually generates some butthurt in the UN, but that's it.

Since when does NATO follow it's own charter?

i wanna kick your ass but i love australia

When they cancelled the nuke program, the program was practically already developed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one hidden in some base desu.

Ofc you do, you are retarded.

Why would France or the Netherlands nuke Brazil over some shitty land containing Hindus and Muslims?

>Brazil
>world power
Maybe a regional power

Americans did invoke it in 9/11, we were the first the country to whitdraw from the Rio treaty because we thought a bunch of Saudi nationals attacking the US was no cause to attack Iraq, Falklands were not technically covered under RIO as it's a mutual defense pact and not an equivalent to NATO, Argentina was the aggresor so other American countries were under no obligations. I don't know what the lobster war is.

>On February 4th, Dutch Defense Minister Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert and German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen signed a new deal paving the way for the full integration of their countries’ naval units
>During earlier agreements in 2014 and 2015, the Dutch and Germans agreed to integrate two army units and further enhance cooperation between a wide range of military branches.
huffingtonpost.com/young-professionals-in-foreign-policy/the-netherlands-and-germa_b_9283072.html

What if everything except latin america disappeared

come at me bro say that right in my face

You'd still be stuck with something around 40 million Mexicans

And also, what does Brasil have to gain from invading Suriname and Guyana?

Expelling filthy colonial powers from the Americas.

Yep, saw that in the video.

They wanted all LATAM nations to go to middle east, but nobody sent, instead the just told them that we'd help them with intelligence part, but none of that happened.

Falklands you're right, but still, our govt at the time didn't wanted the brits to attack Argentina's mainland.

Lobster war was some meme "war" that we had with France over Lobsters.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_War

Basically when we were sending ships to the north, US ambassador said that we should pull out. Then the Navy commander said that they were disrespecting the pact since France was the agressor.

Resuming, this pact is a meme and worth shit.

My bad I misread that, then I guess we would ally with Colombia and Argentina to counterbalance Brazil, things would likely remain friendly tho

Fuck if i know. I think they have gold mines there.

World peace achieved.

We have something other countries don't have.

Friendship (and lots of money). With the power of friendship we can summon the aid of anyone we invest in.