Anyone have thoughts on why our generation is more depressed than ever?

Anyone have thoughts on why our generation is more depressed than ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

clinical-depression.co.uk/cycle-of-depression-diagram/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Check my dubs

What we just need is another world war, the ones who survive will definitely enjoy life.

See too much, know too much, but dream too much.

o shit waddup

>constant stimulation
>no one knows how to suppress their sadness anymore
>too big of pussies to realize once you grow up you don't get everything handed to you anymore
>too big of idiots to realize life just sucks

>getthefuckoverit.png

compulsion. You have to go to school for your entire childhood-leaving the children not contributing anything. That means there's less to go around. THEN ppl go to state schools to study NOTHING and then contribute nothing. This means that money goes from the right people to the wrong people, there's just no wealth and so no art, no free time

I suspect that our generation (in the West at least) feels such a depression because we have very little meaning to put lives, no purpose. We have no great war. We don't struggle. Compared to past generations we are spoon-fed everything, and so we aren't grateful for anything we have.

no war? there isn't a stupid war going on in the middle east? the war in the middle east is causing some problms

We're not depressed, we've been told we're depressed by the media. Irl We're just pussys and crybabies who are a little sad. I was diagnosed with severe depression last year so I grew up and stopped acting like a faggot never felt better.

I AM depressed; cuz there's nothing to do and everything is expensive

People are bored, they can do whatever and don't have to do anything. So they try to feel special by thinking that all their pain and problems are unique

No idea why. I just know I got a month's worth of new pills today so I don't kill myself.

>Yeah, I blurred out a part so you don't see where I live.

too much stimulation, brain is overloaded and simple pleasures no longer satisfy like they should.

go on internet less, fap less, depression cured,

i even went as far as cancelling my internet at home - it works, im happier and confident and lots of energy,

/thread

This basically

Everyone is just a huge bitch. My sister's friend is in grade 9 and got out of French class because of her social anxiety. What the fuck.
Really, kids will lie and depression and shit when all they really want is attention and to be different so people have to step over and around them. They want to be so special that people have to ponder to their needs and create an environment just for them, rather than to become part of the environment around them.
To make matters worse, when they don't get what they want (meaning when teachers say "you didn't hand your summative in so you fail" the parents do the exact same shit and blame it on their made up disorders.
The kids are lying, they just believe the lie as well.
It's romanticized on the Internet of people being courageous while having these disorders, so naturally everyone else wants recognition as well.
Our generation is filled with narcissists

Too many lazy faggots on their computers all day.....

true depression is a cycle, if you aren't overdreaming you aren't actually depressed...

the brits have it figured out quite well

clinical-depression.co.uk/cycle-of-depression-diagram/

if you are depressed, or even just sad, just gtfo whatever you are doing, do something crazy

try selling drugs...

No war that involves an entire generation. I don't belittle the wars in the middle east, don't mistake my words. However, they do not involve ALL young men of a nation.

>Fluoride in the water
>estrogen in the water
>constant unyeilding stimulation
>people want to be like the kardashians or want to be a rapper
etc etc

no WW to cleanse millions of genetic generational flotsam

I know what that means and I don't support it

>Fluoride in the water
ok gen ripper
you validate of the lack-of-WW comment

no the first stuff might b a cause

It's easier to give up on yourself than try.

Agree 100%

and you might b a mook who knows nothing about chemistry--- or water, for that matter

Because they don't have one of these

Or try getting a job faggot.

if youre talking about people 17-25 i'm letting you in on a little secret. Those are on average the most fucked up years of a person's life. People are either signing up for military and seeing fucked up stuff, burning through tens/hundres of thousands of cash for college to find out they dont want to do it, looking for work, looking for love, looking for that good time everyone said was waiting.

Of course its depressing. Its confusing as shit, and unlike childhood, the mistakes you make now -really- could fuck up the rest of your life.

every generation goes through this op. every generation says they have it worse than the last. im sorry, op but you guys don't. you just have your own problems. problems we don't understand.

Well, at the least, i can try. Just hang in there bro. Trust me, sanity and happiness -does- show up if you can stick with it and avoid the temptation to go as crazy as the world around you is.

We have too much free time

Its easy . precious egotistical deluded sanctimonious pricks are the flavour of the day . fuckin man up springs to mind

Fag

it started with the last of the gen xers being a bunch of lazyass potsmoking wannabe liberal hippies and then spewing out a bunch of mellinial kids that became a bunch of spoiled faggot crybabys who cant handle being bullied or dont know what gender they are. i hope this world soon dies in a huge nuclear war. fuck you bunch of mellinial fagtards

do they have a sarah palin one

There aren't that many of these people. Don't confuse a vocal minority hated by their own peers as being the glut of an entire generation.

>can't spell millenial

this

You're about 15 right?

People are not more depressed now that is a myth made up by lazy neckbeards who never go out. All of you 8n this thread are lazy worthless beings that's why you feel depressed. 500 years ago you'd have family members dying every month from disease how happy do you think they were?

>the ones who survive
>implying
i feel like there is some kind of sword of damocles hanging above us with russia and crimea and isis and stuff, this one guy whose name i forgot once said "im not sure what world war 3 will be fought with, but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

user, show us your manly muscles :^)

Do you mean depression disorder or just being a bitch?
Because if it's depression disorder it could be the lack of vitamin D and building up of stress n what not that could make your brain make lesser or no serotonin.

true i just sit and do nothing all day lmao

Thank you for not saying "millennial"

That word triggers me like calling a tranny the wrong pronoun

Err....don't support what??

>all they want is attention..

And how is that an issue? Any child will need attention to grow and become psycological strong individuel. Attention is just as importent as water and food.

Seen a small child go "Look at me mom" while doing something that anyone with half a brain can do? That's attention seeking that helps the child grow and develop. And it's needed.

Escitalopram is better. It's a more recent version of the drug, more refined.

Probably pretty fucking happy it wasn't them

fuck off millennial

I seriously don't get why people think computers are to blame for sadness.
I'm the happiest I've ever been now I don't have to interact.
Maybe faggots just aren't cut out for it? Do you people get lonely?

Maybe the more frequent confrontation with death made it more natural to them?

Social media,
we are too connected, yet we are so disconnected from each other.

You're not. The next generation are. And the one after them. And the one after them. And the one after them.

You get the idea.

Feminism. Gender roles are all fucked up

Easily the most retarded thing I've ever read on Sup Forums.

So you've been here for all of two minutes?

cuz weak and spoiled

Stupid rich kids get everything handed to them. Gain social media from money then show off they hate life etc etc when they leave home and live in a 1 bed flat. Fuck this generation dude (un-ironically) these people need to grow up

> people have to ponder to their needs and create an environment just for them, rather than to become part of the environment around them
As one Russian singer said, "you don't have to bend under the everchanging world - bend the world under yourself.
P.S. My translation pretty much sucks.

depression is an excuse. the sooner you idiots realise this the better.

I like this dude. Nice share

You were diagnosed by a doctor with severe depression and suddenly "grew up?"
Yea ok

Good words. I'm and oldfag (53) and this one speaks wisdom.

'an' not 'and'.

Finally, someone who doesnt sound like a butthurt, edgelord faggot trying to act like they've never been down before.
/thread

This isn't the main cause, but it is part of the problem. For me at least, everybody assumes you can answer any time and everybody seems to want to know what you are actually doing at that exact moment. I also think it makes people think others live better lives when they actually don't and some get sad because of this.

Is it literally just the one guy calling everyone a lazy bitch who's depressed? Literally like every one of those edgy im better than you posts uses the same vocabulary

OP, and everyone who'd like some answers: read the book 'Man, Interrupted' - actually that body of research should be known to all of Sup Forums ...

@all

Anyone whos depressed is clearly a lay bitch

Go fishing, camping, be with family, run, anything. There's a lot of cheap/free things to do, you just have to look for them.

>can't spell millennial

Nah bro. Probably going on 6 or 7 years now maybe, I'm not too sure.

He's probably using a phone and it autocorrected. You pretentious, condescending cunt.

It's because we have larger living spaces and not enough people to share it with.
That's why people who live with friends and family are happier than people who live alone.

it is. im going out on a limb here and doing a little "me" talking for a sec but bare with it. I've had problems with depression for a long long time. like, since I was eight. I started getting help for it around 22 but i'd still spiral down into it and take a bunch of people with me every time i did. then when i climbed back up i'd parade myself around for being so good and so brave and powerful and then the whole thing would happen all over again. every time i melted down i'd burn and use everyone close to me and shit on them in the same motion.

anyway, no doubt i lost a lot of friends to that pattern. I always just excused it as part of the pattern, accepted that I'd be someone that would be difficult to understand or be close to, blah blah blah. But really I was just using my problem as an excuse to be as selfish and shitty as I pleased, secretly knowing at least some of the people i fucked over would still be there for me on the other side of it.

if i have depression it's my problem. I don't need to wave it around like a big fucking flag. I'm not strong for it or a martyr for it. Neither is someone with diabetes or cancer or a missing limb. You just truck on, you accept the problem and you make yourself responsible for treating it.

So far, it's worked. Ive had a few bouts with it since then, but I've gotten myself in to get help instead of turning into a 160 pound sack of shit slung around peoples necks.