11 PAYJUS OF DIS COPUH MERICA IN SPOARTS ILUSTRAYTED ARE U KIDDING ME?

youtube.com/watch?v=9QIozzi4rKs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ys2F7i1wyj4
youtube.com/watch?v=UpYrUKUxDFE
youtube.com/watch?v=1rYi6psgUDM
youtube.com/watch?v=C08ebshvMcc
youtube.com/watch?v=o6g6XabP2pM
youtube.com/watch?v=CPMFuC1l8xQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw I remember getting that paper
A happier time.

Literally cucked

>WARE IS MESSY GOING TO TAKE OVER AMERICA?

>IS HE IN THE MLS?

>that one time Arsenal lost a home cup to an MLS team because of an own goal

> How dare a Sports magazine talk about Sports?!

Why are Americans so proud about their ignorance anyway?

>IT SAYS HERE ITS CUNSIDUD TO BE APART OF DIS FIY-FUH CUNFEDURACHUN CAUP

missing the point entirely.

its the fact its the same old "x-player is GONNA CHANGE THE LANDSCAPE IN AMERICA!" bullshit, they've been saying since Pele

the teams cant even fill out football or baseball arenas so they build their own smaller capacity stadiums to avoid embarrassment

Who's this guy and why is he so mad at fĂștbol?

Tbf he has a point. I don't think people in america even know there's a tournament going on so why dedicate 11 pages when you can have it focused on more american centric sports

Oh look, it's another old man rants for a long time about how he DOESN'T CARE about soccer, episode.

Francesa is a blowhard who still likes horse racing for fuck's sake. And his baseball takes are embarrassingly bad.

He did shit like this last WC too.

No, he doesn't. If you want people to know about it, you NEED to market it, as in articles in SI, or online.

And part of the problem is that, since the organizers didn't know if the tournament was going to actually go ahead until ONE MONTH before it started, they basically had zero marketing out, and spent most of the time getting TV spots and sponsors, and almost no time advertising the tournament, much less hyping it up for months like ESPN et. al. did for the 2014 WC.

How can there be 11 pages of it when SI only has 25 pages and 19 of them are ads?
Doesn't add up.

Still, the large majority of Americans wouldn't care either way (whether it were hyped or not) I don't know the reaction to cope america from an American stand point but I'm assuming it's muted.

A page or two would suffice for marketing purposes, why dedicate 11 pages of a magazine to cater to a non existent fan base

Doesn't matter. The people who DO CARE care A LOT.

And the people that don't care now have all the information that they need to possibly care.

SI can run as many pages as they want on whatever the fuck they want. And if you think about it, who is likely correct? SI, who decided that 11 pages was worth spending on the Copa? Or you, a random British Sup Forums poster?

ESPN ran an entire issue on the WNBA for the WNBA's 20th anniversary (I get the magazine for 2 years for some Southwest Airlines miles). I didn't even open it. So yes, they can devote 11 pages for a huge soccer tournament, hosted here, with the US in the knockout stages.

tbf a lot of 'football' and baseball teams don't sell out theirs either.

That's retarded from a sales marketing point of view

Forcing unwanted "shit" down indifferent spectators is a sure way to put them completely off of your product.

Why not cater to the established fan base that already exist rather than taking a risk?

Who crunched the numbers from an audience, sales, and marketing point of view?

You?

No, SI did, and they decided to run 11 pages on the CA.

Now, what you may not know is that SI has been publishing many more soccer-related articles than ESPN since the run-up to the Brazil WC. The fact that they'd run a feature on the CA makes sense, because they've focussed on the USMNT and National Team discussion.

ESPN spun off ESPNFC, which has a large focus on the EPL and CL.

NBCSN is focused entirely on the EPL. You can watch more EPL games on NBC (if you get their extra game package) than you can on any one major network in England. That's how all-in they are on that one specific league.

So tell me again why a magazine can't devote a portion of itself to a tournament that reflects their broader marketing strategy to get soccer fans?

I didn't know the marketing drive for "soccer" was so full throttle in the US.

There are several stats and figures that point to football being a non-entity in the US, it's not farfetched to infer that football simply doesn't have an audience, and the audience that it does have is few and far in between

>"x-player is GONNA CHANGE THE LANDSCAPE IN AMERICA!"
Oh yeah, like clockwork. They even do it in games like table tennis.

Soccer > Football, Americans just have short attention spans

>that flag
son, what are you doing with your life?

Soccer brings is this out in people. 90% of the country doesn't care at all, but out of the remaining 10% about half of them absolutely hate it and will talk about how much they hate it every time it's mentioned.

*brings this out in people

Imagine how good we would be at soccer if we actually cared.

youtube.com/watch?v=ys2F7i1wyj4

bill simmons owned....for 5 hours

youtube.com/watch?v=UpYrUKUxDFE

youtube.com/watch?v=1rYi6psgUDM

youtube.com/watch?v=C08ebshvMcc

youtube.com/watch?v=o6g6XabP2pM

youtube.com/watch?v=CPMFuC1l8xQ