Do people in your country mostly use nicknames instead their real names?

Is this only a mexico thing?

We all call ourselves by nicknames, really rare to use others real name.

One example is when you see people arrested or in TV, or in TV getting arrested.
You always will see his/her nickname together with his name.

Is this a thing all around the world or only here?

That happens everywhere user.
Whats your nickname?

Pollo, Yours?

If you consider diminutive forms nicknames then I guess.

Sometimes if a person has a concise and rare surname they might be called that over the first name too.

Kek, that used to be mine too except 'chicken'.
Not because I'm a pussy or anything but because I couldnt pronounce CH properly.

CHI

No you fucking wetbacks, prison alias' are not normal everywhere.

And you get the fuck out of my country you degenerate subhuman shit.

Hello muhhamed and shlomo.
White people use nicknames too, you wouldn't know because you're autistic.

White people absolutely do not go around referring to each other by God damn prison allias'. White people have things like education and careers.

t. """""white""""" Hispanic

My nickname is just the diminutive version of my first name

I want to say it's common here, but then most of the people I know are Mexicans and CHIs. I think gringos do it too though, my family does it alot anyway.

>mostly
Nah. A lot of people go by their surnames, though. I'd say probably half my friends do.

>thread about nicknames
>SUDDENLY Sup Forums

fuck off

Do you literally live in a prision or still go to high school?

This has been like that all my life with all my friends and family.
Specially in college.

of course, tell me your real name and I will give you your authentic australian nickname

Thank dog i never had a nickname, people just called me leo instead of leonardo

lezzo

Praise the all mighty dog.

They call me ass blaster

Are names like "Pepe" instead of Jose considered nicknames? "Billy" Is sometimes used instead of WIlliam.

Most of my family and some friends call me Benito rather than my real name, since I share my birthday with Benito Juarez.

Only criminals use nicknames.

>:O

Joe
Bob
Billy
Alex (short for Alexander and Alexandra)

etc.

Not really. My family all call me "Luisito", but that's just a thing they do. I certainly don't go around introducing myself that way.

my brother calls me Clefairy and I call him Plato, Some people have nicknames, most don't

I'm Mexican and I fucking hate how prevelant nicknames are. Like, Mexicans just feel like giving you nickname is a must.

My nickname is Beto which is pretty simple, but why not use the first name if its not complicated?

Nigga, your name could be fucking Jose and they will yo something like el Chiapas or el rayos, which is longer than the actual name.

Fuck off!

fuckarse
benno
loosey
beano

Mine is Pollo

marco

Nicknames are common here but most people in America do not have a nickname.

I am also Pollo... what the fuck is going on?

What