Quitting smoking bros, how many of you have quit and can you offer any tips?

Quitting smoking bros, how many of you have quit and can you offer any tips?

I smoke about a pack a day

The best way to quit smoking is to kill yourself.
Works every single time.

Did shrooms and never smoked a stoag again

Dip a smoke in milk let it dry and smoke it. You will puke your guts out. Everytime you try try to smoke you will puke.

you'll never do it

even if you manage to quit for a while, the craving never goes away

you're fucked for life

go cold turkey

Girlfriend is quitting atm. She uses the nicorette lozenges. She's been replacing a cigarette every week with a lozenge, then once she was down to 0 cigarettes, started cutting out one lozenge per day.

Go for the slow approach. Much less likely to give up if you're out with people and get offered a smoke casually. You can't come back from that one if you go cold turkey.

I watched and read Allen carr's ready easy to quit smoking. Haven't had a durrie in 4 years even though mates still smoke

Just stop. That's it. Either you have the will power or you don't. All you have to do is nothing. Not that hard.

I quit smoking. You just gotta want it, There is no easy way.

probably not a lot of help here, but i used to smoke maybe 5 or 6 cigs a day, i stopped just by not doing it. the best thing to do is just stop, at least that was what worked for me. i thought it was going to be really shitty, but i chewed the gum to help quit for maybe a week and then i never really had the urge to smoke anymore.

I had to 'quit' three times before I got off them for good (which used to be average for way back when times).

Started in 7th grade or so. Quit for 8 months in 10th grade (sports). Started again and quit about 2 years out of school and was off for over a year before I joined the Navy and started again in boot. Quit the final time about a month before I got out of the Nav and have been off them since.

I lit the last cigarette I had from the last match I had and considered it a sign. Physical withdrawal always took about a week. Breaking the mental addiction (do this, light a smoke) was way harder.

If I can do it I think about anyone can.

I started small. Reducing to 5-6/day. Only smoke when take a dump. After meals with coffee (with sweetener). Mid morning and mid afternoon pauses also with coffee. Then when I stopped. It was a nightmare! I reduced the quantity of coffee for a while. Today, I'm cured.

i mean i did it

Adding: I didn't use bullshit stuff like e-cig, nicotine patches and gum. Sometimes when I'm with my friends (all of them smoke) the desire comes but I say no and it passes.

I quit with nicorette gum.

i have two coworkers that quit cold turkey with hypnosis.

I thought it was total bullshit but neither of them ever had another cigarette.

Smoke 100

I've quit in February. I got bronchitis (I get it once or twice a year and I stop smoking for few days) and this time I stopped forever. Immediately I started working out and workout substituted cigarettes in my life in the period of next few weeks.
Slowly I started feeling really good and my body recovered from nicotine dependency about a month or so later I think. Today, 3-4 months later I feel no urge to smoke and I actually think cigs smell and I pity smokers a lot.

cold turkey... even in partys, it's hard the first 2 weeks but you get used to it

I picked up a mouth fedora before my habit got too bad. I was smoking a pack every 4-5 days or so and 3mg nic juice got me off cigs almost instantly.

I'd recommend starting at 6 or 8mg and going down from there

Even if it makes you look like a loser, I'd consider it, just for your health.

it never ends, its been yers with me. even after not smoking for a long time, you will still crave em and end up back on the wagon. its a choice we made when we took our first puff.

fuckin hated the first few cigarettes.

it wasnt until I started smoking it with pot that I started doing it regularly

I smoke 3 packs a day and don't think I can stop. Quit before you get actually addicted like me

said like a true 22 year old adolescent

Smoke another pack of cigarettes.

I switched to vaping so I still use nicotine, not exactly sure if you'de call it quitting

smoked 15 years. picked up vaping a year and a half ago. works for me.

Iktf bro I smoke 2.5 packs a day and these kids who only smoke a pack a day don't even know what it's like to be addicted to cigs

a pack a day is teenager level smoking and would be easy to quit

>22 year old
>adolescent

Think how expensive it is. You could use that money for other things. I enjoyed smoking. Smoked my last on March 17, 2010. Never had one since.

I'm quit too

Starting yest I had just 2 all day made them count

I didn't even want the 2nd

Tonight 1

Tom maybe 1

If the fact that smoking gives you cancer at significantly earlier stages of your life isn't enough to persuade you, then I don't know what else to say. When you get older you'll be out of breath all the time and then you'll get some aggressive form of cancer and fucking die. But smoking is cool, right? Or do you just not care about that? Which is fine if that's the way you want. It's your life, but be careful with your decisions.

and maybe one the next day

Mayb

e truth is I don't care about smoking any more

I've been trying to quit but it's either nicotine or I see them walking and I hear a little.

Yeah just don't care really. The good die young anyway and there aren't all that many old feeble fucks in Valhalla

I smoked way more before son despite your remsrkn

Im on my way

Switch to rolling 100% cannabis, once or twice a day.

I quit after 3 months of this. I no longer feel compelled to either smoke nor get high.

The scientific reason is that nicotine acts on nicotinamide receptors, and is the exact same chemical your body naturally makes. When your body "builds up a tolerance" it's really requiring more nicotine in the synaptic cleft before it triggers a response. You either have to eek out nicotine slowly, which is very hard to do and much like ripping off a bandaid slowly. The other option is cold-turkey and rip the band-aid off fast.

Switching to joints adds cannabinoids to your brain, and the first few times you'll get the pleasure of smoking as always, but you'll be too high to give a fuck about you're nicotine dependancy - particularly if you smoke before you fall asleep. Even if you're awake, its difficult to be bummed out when you're high.
Unlike nicotine however, cannabis tolerance is built up by adding more receptors to the synaptic cleft (because the cannabinoids sit in the receptors but don't leave them). This form of tolerance has little to no dependency, since the usual dosage of dopamine will continue to trigger the usual response once the cannabinoids have left your body. tl;dr, Switch to 100% pot and smoke if for a month, and you'll be fine.

The health implications were the main driving factor in me quitting, although I was never all that much of a heavy smoker (pack every 3 - 4 days).

Tried and failed a couple of times then tried a vape and haven't had a cigarette since.

Wait until you get the flu. Then during. That's what I did. When I got better I got a shitty e-cig and it helped me until I just got sick of the formaldehyde smell.

That would be easy

I considered the advantages and disadvantages of smoking and concluded the cons far outweighed the pros.

Smoked what I had left and quit by not buying any more tobacco. That was three years ago, have not smoked since.

start weight lifting and eating healthy and you wont want to ruin all the effect you put in working out over a cigrette its how i stopped didnt have to buy a nicotine patch or e cigs

This guy. Did this. It worked. Wasn't sure of the science behind it, but at the height of cravings, smoked a joint and felt great.

dyslexia coming back *effort*

No nicotine gum/plasters/shit, its meant to sell, not to get you off cigs. Heard some people try smoking other stuff like herbs (i.e camomille) or weed, point is you get a smoke and some mental effects but no nicotine.
Worst that can happen is you get addicted to something else but few things are as addictive as nicotine

As with every addiction, find a substitute (or multiple) that fills the hole that the addiction leaves.

If you set your mind to it, and really understand that you will be quitting, then it's only the first week which is hard. Realize if you are addicted to the break the smokes gives you, or the nicotine. I smoked about 1 ½pack a day for a couple of years, and quit over night. I was addicted to the breaks, not the nicotine.

Just accept the vape master race
\//\ #vapenation

Best advice I've heard for quitting

I quit smoking by drinking beer instead, I drink 6 beer a day instead of cigarettes

vape

Zyban

Read Allen Carr's book. "The Easy Way To Quit."
That saved my life.

I vape

I quit when I started dating a non-smoker. I didn't like smoking around her, so I didn't. I spent a lot of fucking time with her. I started vaping after a week or two of dating and quit smoking a few days after starting to vape. Solely vaped for about a week. One day I just didn't feel like vaping, so I stopped that too. I was never a very heavy smoker, but I was one for several years.

Don't expect to quit, from going from a pack a day to nothing overnight. Go down slowly. One day, you smoke ten cigs a day. Two days later, 9 cigs a day. Two more days, 8 cigs a day. Do that until you get to 0 and just have some willpower. It's not gonna be easy man, but good luck.

I haven't had one in 2 days

Can't stop won't stop

4 days to about a week is the tipping point. It really does get easier after that.

I quit four years ago, almost five. This sounds stupidly simple, but the only way to quit is to never smoke again. I tried a lot of different ways, but ultimately I just made the decision to not smoke again. Even know I could easily pick it back up in a hearbeat. The desire never really goes away. At the two year mark I would still occasionally reach into my pocket for one without thinking.

When I drink I fiend for smokes

Good to hear man

You have to truly want to quit, goes for any addiction. Then you just do it. Here your tip, you weak willed piece of shit.

Kek betacuck

I quit smoking several years ago. I smoked about a pack a day for 5 years. Biochemical addiction subsides after the third day. All that remains is psychological habit stuff. Just started to hate that way it made me stink and the negative health effects. Once you really start to hate that shit, it's easier to quit. Now I regret ever having smoked and the knowledge that it surely shaved some of my life away is disheartening. Good luck!

Switch it with opiates OP

Lol I vape 24 mg and love it. Anything less doesn't give me that nicotine high that I crave. Mmm sweet, sweet nicotine.

I mean... Not really, dude. That was the amount I smoked for many years. About a pack a day. It keeps your blood nicotine level pretty high, so you are just as addicted as if you smoke more per day. It has the same effect on your brain.