Y'know, I'm not sure about these new e-fingerboxes. Sure, they're pretty...

Y'know, I'm not sure about these new e-fingerboxes. Sure, they're pretty, but a 250-year-old teak fingerbox made in England, Germany or Japan will do the job just as well, and has got tons of potential for upgrading. I've got a collection of all sorts, and I must say that one of my favourites is a 170-year-old scrimshandered palm fingerbox from Rehoku which feaures part of a dendroglyph and was crafted by British sailors stuck on the island from HMS Prophetess. It's a gorgeous bit of work and is so beautiful. The overall feel is very good inside too, as it was lined with lambskin and felt. The mechanism is in tip-top condition because even though it's a wooden Heidelburg design the actual wood used is, like the case, palm and thus can be kept beautifully clean and functional with palm oil, which also brings out a lovely dark finish. It's locked with an ivory key (cut from whalebone) engraved with the intials A.E. and in a niche inside the lid is a Gold Sovereign, which I only found when examining the fingerbox just after I bought it — I was looking at the hinge and I noticed a tiny button, and click! Out it came. It's a wonderful piece of work, I had it insured for £17,000 but I think it would make several times that at auction... implying that I'd ever sell such a wonderful object, of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/fingerboxes
frtyd.com/go/LrMA_bAaEj/DEFAULT
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ahhh...I don't know what I'd do without mine...I can't get off without my fingerbox anymore. She's made of carefully sanded oak wood. She loves her finger daddy.

whats a fingerbox?

kek

get the fuck outta here newfag

>Potential for upgrading

No one in their right mind would try to modify a fingerbox over 50 years old. The value of having a relatively good condition vintage box far outweighs the novelty factor of tricking one out.

I used to have a '73 varnished fingerbox made out of English oak, and that grain was so beautiful. Too bad I lost it in the house fire.

Newfag confirmed.

LOL le reddit army reporting in!! We love this meme lmao :P
OLDFAGS ONLY~~ go here to learn the jokE!

knowyourmeme.com/memes/fingerboxes

NOW come back and lagugh at NEWBS with us~~!!

NEWFRIENDS don't click!! XD

Hey guys whats a fingerbox?

Mahoganyu is the shit. But i liek teak too

Something sweeter than the pussy you'll never have.

dude your childhood must have sucked if you've never had a finger box.
pic unrelated

got a 1948 vintage fingerbox. passed down from grandpa the old dirty bastard.

I've added grease rails and some exhaust bearings to my old school fingabox

Dude, I've gone all digital. Once you get it set, no calibration or fiddling is needed.

Still use the old fingerbox sometimes just for a change of pace.

Gtfo

Finger boxes are an old outdated troll.
Dont feed it
Youre welcome newfags

>LOL le reddit army reporting in!! XD

Ok im not really seeing the point of a fingerbox, nor have i ever heard of one.. What exactly does it do?

nice shoop faggot

finger boxes are faker than a black scientist

it's just lame shit to trick newfags

fkn rekt

Huehuehuehue...what's a fingerbox?...Huehuehuehue

Are you willing to sell? I would like to give my 10 year old son his first finger box. Your sounds splendid op.

You put your finger in for a surprise.

Does anyone remember those Velvetino finger boxes from the 80's with the black plastic casing and the red liner? I know they are really gimmicky, but I have a lot of nostalgia for them and I was wondering where to pick up a good conditioned one.

Guys, serious question here. I want to try these finger boxes out. But, I don't know where to get one. I have Amazon Prime, but I can't find any well rated ones on there. Does anybody have a site to get one? I am just itching to try one.

My finger box came with this
frtyd.com/go/LrMA_bAaEj/DEFAULT

Try Google you fucking faggot

>I ain't cliking that shit nigga

HOLY SHIT Rehoku?!?! Nice! I've got peasant shit, but I'm enjoying the art of more contemporary works just fine. Gotta say though, super jelly, care to share where you procured such a gem?

Crazy story op. Happy finger box hunting to all!!

Sometime next week I plan on making my first fingerbox. What inexpensive materials would you guys recommend for the inside, and how should I go about making the mechanism compact enough to leave enough room for operation or even just poking your finger in there? Also, should I go with the classic single-hole design, or go with a newer multi-hole one?

Gtfo of this thread