If Italian food is as good as people say how come they have 0 (Zero) commercially successful restaurant chains...

If Italian food is as good as people say how come they have 0 (Zero) commercially successful restaurant chains? Many of those are not fast food.
What can mamma do that can't be systematically done in a professional kitchen?

Other urls found in this thread:

ilporco.com/
businessinsider.com/top-10-italian-restaurant-in-america-2015-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only anglos are thinking of it as a business idea. I have never seen any food chain that's not from Japan or an anglo country

Because fast food is trash. Also Italian cuisine kind of needs time to cook.

why are brazilians and argentinians shattering our balls so much these days?

did we do something wrong to enrage you?

Olive garden?

Many successful restaurant chains are NOT fast food, with Outback Steakhouse as an example they have almost 1000 locations in 23 countries.

Tsundere muh heritage love

Restaurant chains pre-make food

Gino's is quite popular here. Also Italian foods don't need restaurant chains as there are alredy a lot of them everywhere

bleh

Romano's Macaroni Grill

I hate chain restaurants but I've eaten at Macaroni Grill and the food, atmosphere, service, ingredients and kitchen was surprisingly good.

Chain restaurants suck, simple as that

That's an American restaurant chain with an Arab CEO.

There's loads in the UK, Bella Italia and Pizza Express off the top of my head

you must be new. spics and assorted beaners are always been like this.. they are totally assdevastated about italy. the inferiority complex is huge. funny because in europe nobody cares about beanerland.

Italian food is too good to cook "fast". But here we have a chain called Sbarros that sells pizza and small italian dishes. Its pretty disgusting actually, basically airport/mall food court food.

there's at least two particularly butthurt ones from Brazil and Argentina, I don't remember them being here before.

>Sbarros

kek sounds dangerously close to our word for cum, especially if you say it with an American accent

Those are both British companies with British founders and British cooks curiously.

You mean that amerindian loving guy? It's just a fucking shitposter, grow a spine. Hates you because you are european and came here.

in fact I don't much care for him because his shitposting is just that.

this guy on the other hand has some serious butthurt going on and I wonder why the hell would a Brazilian be this angry at us.

in the UK every other restaurant is an 'Italian' chain.

why are you so obsessed with this copypasta brazil?

Simply we don't need fast foods other than Mcdonald's and Burger King, really, we didn't have KFC and Starbucks since last year, the same goes for Subway.

In Italy there are restaurant chains who aim at a "premium" experience over Mcdonalds ecc, I'm talking about Roadhouse Grill (Steakhouse), Old Wild West (basically a premium McDonald + some steaks but it's shit nowadays), America Graffiti (god like) and so.

We prefer to create our brands and if you can't have access to a fast food / slow food chain you can find billions of places where you can eat exquisite food.

You just have to search for them, the magic place that does for you.

>America Graffiti
Overpriced as fuck

dunno, but we have this that kind of resonates more with our culture overall.

Wat

It's cheap as fuck, you can eat like a piece of shit with less than 20€.

>340 gr cheese bacon burger with fries (10€)
>0,5 lit coca cola (3€)
>Pie (5€)
>Coperto (1€)

>Eataly
>Giving money to Farinetti, mafious inside Expo 2015

Yes. Too many of you here.

>340 gr cheese bacon burger with fries (10€)
I think we have different opinions of what "cheap" is

wow scary

Everything cheaper than that is pure shit and McDonald's tier, so if they ask me 10€ for a quality hamburger - a big one - which is 10x times better than a McShit, for me it's cheap.

It's been years since the last time I went to McDonalds but if I'm correct a McChicken menu, the large one, is 8-9€...so it's not that far and at least you eat real meat like pic related.

Where are you from user?

Italian food is shit. Went to a restaurant in Berlin, and the pizza bread was very thin and could nit even be cut. The staff were rude aswell

Milano
Overpriced is not the same thing as expensive though, 10€ for a quality hamburger is fine but i don't think they make quality hamburgers, then again i only tried a couple of them
No idea how much it costs compared to mcdonalds, haven't been in one in like 5 years

well I'm kind of a jew so I never go there myself, but a lot of people like it

It must be pretty bad for South Americans if they only have Europe's low-hanging fruit to aim for.

>Ireland engaging in mental gymnastic to feel better about its state of utter irrelevance

ah yes let the butthurt flow

The defining aspect of Italian food typically is the freshness of it's ingredients. Fast food and freshness generally don't go hand in hand.

>ah yes let the butthurt flow

I just learned an Italian word: Proiezione.

>berlin
>thin crust cant be cut
>latvia
Today i went to a Lavtian restaurant and I found out that their entire diet consist of pressed spiders.

>0 (Zero) commercially successful restaurant chains?
Because it took americans to make it commercially successful and at the same time- fuck it all up the same way McDonalds does to burgers or Taco bell does to Mexican food.

Why does he hates europeans? We brought civilization n shieeet

if you had a bad day don't come in here and shame our common flag with your anal devastation

I'm from Milano too.

I suggest you to visit this place, it's 5 minutes next to the America Graffiti @ Vittuone.

ilporco.com/

This place is literally God Like and I strongly suggest you to visit it also for the beers.

The idea at the base of Eataly is nice and strong, nothing to say, the only problem is that you're giving money to mafious people...so I prefer to buy the same products they offer from different suppliers.

I bought from them 1 time in my life and only because they had free shipment > 30€ and I bought 1 Baladin Beer and 2 Baladin panettone alla birra.

>Italian food is shit
>Went to a restaurant in Berlin

Find the problem yourself user.

That's quite the name
Thanks, I'll try it next time i can

>panettone alla birra

topkek I found out just yesterday that it really triggers true Milanese people.

Trust me, you'll love it.

Italian family running their own restaurant > Restaurant chain

I take it a lot of Italian restaurants are family businesses and turning it into a chain would be retarded. Why do people think that more capitalism = better quality?

Family restaurants are often quite good (sometimes they are utter shit tho), too bad they are kind of disappearing in most places.

Oh shit family-mind, famalama.

>Why do people think

Brazilians*

I'm from Milan and honestly I'm tired of the same panettone and pandoro every year, also in my family at christmas (we are like 10 people eating at christmas lunch) we have all sort of shit included panettone bought from pastry and I don't give a shit because to me they all taste somewhat alike.

This time I wanted to try the Baladin panettone alla birra because it's different, so if you wait 13 days I'll let you know if it's good or not.

Buca de Beppo
Maggioanos

Fuck, Fazolis is better than Olive Garden.

woah user you truly are a native in 5 years living in Milan I learned that you're a rare breed, the guy who was triggered about panettone alla birra yesterday also explained to me all the Panettone xmas tradition and it's exactly the same as yours.

why do all Italian American names sound made up?

I mean even the article in Buca de Beppo is wrong.

All panettoni are the same, it's a meme that here in Milan it's a traditional christmas sweet...it's from Milan but I'LL TELL YOU HWAT, most of the panettoni and pandoro you can find at the supermarket comes from Bauli and shit, they're from Verona so not even in the same region as Milano...

The Baladin panettone I bought comes from somewhere in Piemonte.

itt: retarded ass foreigner think italian food is overcooked noodles drenched in acid tomato juice

-there are actual little shops with local dishes that you could describe as "fast food"
-italian food is the most diverse on the planet
-the concept of "italian food" applied to an american-style fast food chain is dreadful you fucking kikes

I know but I think the whole ceremony in which all relatives bring different Panettoni to christmas dinner and then you taste them all and discuss about their quality is something very Milanese, which is cool.

calm down tho

Olive Garden seems to be popular

My ceremony at christmas consists in me staring the whole time at my cousin's tits and ass and then go masturbating in the bathroom thinking about her.

>tfw I won't ever fuck my couisin

but it's an American chain.

we all know that feel.

>tfw you'll never fuck your aunt who you only see at christmas and who's also not related to you by blood and dresses up with her tits almost poking our of her dress just because of stupid human arbitrary rules.

>there are actual little shops with local dishes that you could describe as "fast food"
Why don't any of those has international success? Could it be that they're just not that good and Italians overrate them because "muh traditions"?

International success =/= opening 400 more of the same locals worldwide.

You can be internationally successful when people across the world come and visit your single local restaurant which is famous.

Apart from that if you don't understand this it's simply a cultural gap that you can't comprehend if you don't live here.

Also muh traditions are what made our cuisine so great and recognized, so it's a good thing we keep them "in the family".

I think he's referring to focacerrie or pizzetterie and the likes, they don't go "international" simply because they would never be successful in Italy, since (trust me on this because I know my chickens) Italians would always distrust the chain in order to go to the single store because it's more "authentic" or they actually want bars and snack places run by people from the neighborhood to stay alive.

We have a pizza chain called Spizzico in Italy and there's also another chain of semi-fast food tier food called Autogrill, and despite being almost everywhere, if you ask your average person if they prefer to go have a slice of Pizza at Spizzico or down the corner where zio Gigi makes a perfect trancio with oven baked potatoes on the side, the answer will always be zio Gigi.

We don't have any reason to hate or like you, we think about you just as much as we think about Kazakhstan.
Don't give yourself so much self-importance Luigi.

then why are you so vicious?

I mean if you didn't care you wouldn't try to make snarky comments like the one you just wrote in order to hurt our feels in some way.

I realize it's all a game here but gee, it's kind of sad.

Spizzico is pleb but it simply is the McDonalds variant for pizza fast food.

I think that a proper comparison could be done calling "Spontini" in.

Spontini is a premium pizza chain and it's only based in Milan (they have like 19 restaurants), but the pizza is way better than the one you find at Spizzico.

>pic related Spontini's pizza

They also have one store in Tokyo.

I didn't know that.

Cool.

If your feelings get hurt by some post on Sup Forums then I don't know what to say to you really.

>reading comprehension

it's actually the opposite, everyone tries to be an mean as possible to other flags on this board and it's fine, but when you get a group of people being constantly extra edgy to you for no apparent reason you can't help but think "why are they so mad at me when our countries are virtually unrelated?"

I mean in every Italy related thread there's some latino talking shit about us and it's just a mystery to me why they would do that.

>tfw no escargot nuggets

We eat them, mostly in the northern area of the country, but still it's a sort of niche dish eaten by few people because I don't know.

Personally I won't eat snails because I love them. They're bros.

businessinsider.com/top-10-italian-restaurant-in-america-2015-10

This is pure cancer.

Pic related is unknown in Italy.

I'm triggered at a level that shouldn't even be possible

>he isn't part of a privately owned British pub that serves prime pub grub
plebs

>Outback

Ew.