So I'm working on this indie game and I want it to be the next big cancer like Undertale and FNAF. How do I do it...

So I'm working on this indie game and I want it to be the next big cancer like Undertale and FNAF. How do I do it? What's the secret of appealing to autistic tumblr people?

Other urls found in this thread:

erolord.com/view.php?g=8&d=603194&m=15&n=Family
frtyd.com/go/gQ0i_bAaEj/Pizzapls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have youre main character be a trans-nigger wolf with AAD.

What do Undertale and FNAF have in common?

That's right, the furry audience.

holy shit it all makes sense now

i'm not being sarcastic i never realized this until now

The problem is that I can't draw so I use 3D modelling but I can only model humans so I can't have furry characters. Is there a tutorial on how to model anthropomorphic characters or should I hire a furfag from deviantart to do it?

Just create as many meme-potential elements as possible and there you have it.

Furries, Feminazis and 12 year old kids. Appeal to all of these while having simple gameplay = win.

Also helps if you get a big youtuber to play it (see Pewdiepie, Markiplier, JackSepticEye, etc.)

I'd hire someone, 3d generally looks like ass.

Make a game about human looking animal fucking each other.

That's point. I'm trying to make it look like FNAF to get the autists

You know what, fuck it. I'm going all out.
I'm gonna add transexual dragons with diapers to the story.

>use furries or other nonthreatening humanoid d00ds
>make their sexuality ambiguous

There you go

This is very true
It's part of why Flappy Bird was ever relevant. Pewdiepie played it/reacted to it, and shortly after the downloads blew up and everyone loved to hate it

Source pls?

I have this superhero type character with a trap sidekick/fuck buddy. Maybe I should make their costumes based on animals or something

Emojis are key to enlarging tumours

Sounds like jak & daxter

In short, it's free advertising.

Also this:

If you don't have a core mechanic idea, core characters and can't add ears, snouts and digitigrade legs to a human, plus you don't know what made FNAF and Undertale actually successful; you're missing a couple vital things.
Critical Analysis, Artistic ability and Talent.
Sorry, but this is the objective truth. Speaking from industry experience.

I don't have the sauce. I randomly found it on Sup Forums

You need good chacacter gimmicks that fuel memes and rule 34. But you have to be subtle about it. I can't know you made this game for furries, it has to be a natural occurrence. Example Bob is a space suit wearing monkey who sells moon rocks
>Gimmick, Bob is actually a chick.

Wooooaahhh mindfuck everyone assumed Bob was a guy cause Bob is a masculine name. Also Bob always wears a spacesuit so it hard to tell the gender!!! Ohh shit oh fuck my autism

memes

I actually bothered to put effort in and got this:

erolord.com/view.php?g=8&d=603194&m=15&n=Family

Sauce found.

I've been working on this game since 2011 so it's not like I just woke up one morning and said "I'm gonna make a tumblr game!". No, I already had a game that I've been working on for years and only recently decide to add some furry content to make sure it's going to be popular.

Be sure to include current "memes" in it too. Example: Dat Boi

I was thinking about that, actually. It's an RPG so there's a lot room for weird enemy designs like a frog on a bicycle

Appeal to your target audience and add something that makes it revolutionary. Something that sets your game apart from the other indie games.
ie: function,gameplay,setting, story, etc.

Make sure the RPG is easy to play but has long battles so it feels difficult. Half way through the game, give the enemies a shit tonne of health but make them deal next to no damage. And RPG games are actually good for putting memes in.

Tobyfox and Scott didn't approach their games intending to make them "a tumblr game". That's an unhealthy and pandering way of approaching it.
The games aren't Tumblr games. FNAF Is more influential on Youtube and Undertale is loved allmost everywhere it winds up. Even my work colleagues love it and they're developers themselves.
Though I admit, Toby had an in-built Fanbase on Tumblr considering what he worked on Prior.
Speaking of which, do you know what that was?
Do you know what Scott worked on Prior to FNAF?

bad and foreseeable plot twist is defenetly needed

Fart Hotel

Yes, they didn't want to make tumblr games, but they did indeed become tumblr games.

Scott cawthon has been making games since atleast the mid 2000s and FNAF only became popular in 2014.
It's unlikely OPs first game is gonna become Successful to begin with, let alone with shit Memes and Pandering thrown in.

They became popular everywhere.
Tumblr is just one of the fanbases. A large one, but that's because Tumblr is a large media site.
People just associate Undertale with Tumblr because it's a bad example of the Fanbase because Tumblr is a bad example of everything.
There's nothing inherently "Tumblr" about the game.

I made games before but didn't release them to the public.

I honestly don't get the appeal of Undertale. I'm not trying to be a hipster here; but the gameplay is fairly boring and the dialog generic. I've literally dozed off trying to play.

They become popular everywhere because there are furries and autists everywhere. If your game don't appeal to furries and autists, it won't become popular everywhere. End of story.

Were you playing a Pacifics or genocide route?
The Genocide route is designed to be boring.

I thinks tits are always good for a games success.
frtyd.com/go/gQ0i_bAaEj/Pizzapls

This is pretty true, honestly. But they still became popular everywhere.

Just rip off someone else game idea and put simulator on name.

You'll be a big success.

Dont go full retard

Never go full retard
> Pic related

Don't forget to make it youtuber b8

this desu