Pc bread, faggits? Post your PC's. Talk about what you want to add/change...

Pc bread, faggits? Post your PC's. Talk about what you want to add/change, or if you're thinking about something and would like some advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438053
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139144
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Emergency mobo replacement the other day. Haven't been bothered to tidy it up yet.

I'm going to swap heatsink fan around, maybe add a SP on the exhaust side 'cos as it stands right now my CPU is hitting 70C under load - that's not even at my 4.5Ghz OC I usually run. (AMD FX4300)

Sure, I'll bite. Currently running a gtx 770 with a 4670k which doesn't seem to go over 4.2 ghz. Might upgrade to a 1080 or get a second hand 980ti.

I'd say go with the 1080. But, even a 1070 will likely be a large performance boost.

You've got plenty of space, why not get an AIO cooler? It'll keep your CPU much cooler.

How far does the 770 get you in terms of 1080p gaming? I was thinking about getting a 860 or something similar for my second-hand Intel build

I'm slowly converting to Intel, so the less money I spend on polishing a turd, the better.

I was running good temps until I switched the Heatsink fan the other way due to RAM clearance issues.

i need to change my cpu soon
i7 920 still doing fine but showing some weakness now

i5-6500 and gtx 960.
Might upgrade to a 1080 or 1070

Does anyone have a good controller application? I.E. Watch program use fan speed all the specs and stuff.
>GIGABYTE 990Fxa mobo
>EVGA GTX 970
>AMD FX-8350 8core 4ghz
>8gb ripjaws
>rosewill 1k power supply
>2 crucial 500gb SSD raid 0

That's quite old now, isn't? Like from 2010 or 2011?

I'm upgrading to the i7-6950X when it comes out, hoping to get like 5 years out of it before upgrading.

I've had Intel and AMD builds before, and I honestly have had significantly better luck with Intel boards than AMD boards. Also, any modern AIO should work with both an Intel and AMD CPU socket, so it's not exactly a waste.

i really like that outdoorsy aspect to your photo

>860
unfortunately there's no such thing as a gtx 860. 770 runs basically anything well-optimized maxed out at 1080p.

>CPU-Z for benching/monitoring CPU

>Open Hardware for more system-wide specs monitoring

>You can also use MSI Afterburner for monitoring CPU load and temps live in your toolbar

Kek I meant 780. I'm new to Nvidia cards and their naming schemes

Most motherboards let you set fan curve inside the BIOS, and usually works really well. Have you given that a shot?

Such a large case with so little space used.

Haha, poor lighting and shitty iPhone 4 makes for interesting photos. There's lots of glare from the mobo LEDs and the scratch marks on my side panel.

yeah i got it in 2010, the rest of the system is fine tho...
cpus last quite a lot i guess

pic is my bf settup

>macbook pro
>mac pro
>playstation 4

r8 my b8

Case isn't even that big. Mobo is just tiny.

It's a nice change from always seeing parts and PC inside, or on a blank white canvas I think. It also kind of gives some scale to the smallness of the case.

taking it for a walk?

Nice that afterburner is pretty cool, I have the CPU-Z and the CPU-HW but it wants me to purchase it now kek no
Thanks though m8

OH IT'S YOU lol
I didn't realize you had a 920. Yeah man, got some cash to spend? Get a new BW-E board and CPU and you'll be fine for a while. Or heck, maybe even my 5820K when I sell it for BW-E. ;^)

I've been using ITX for three or four years now. Anything over mATX is big, now. I don't remember how I used to use a Silverstone FT02. So obnoxious to do anything with.

why you have mini itx motherboard but mid atx case. makes me extremily uncomfortable.

it's his child, children need fresh air

You know it (^:

I'm thinking about getting a new one.
Here's the short Version of my specs:
I5-6500
Samsung SSD Evo 850 250GB
ASUS Z170-A
Fractal Design R5 black (not 100% sure of the case right now)

Gonna use my old GPU because right now I play most Games on PS4.

Any other recommendations?

looks nice as fuck, mind sharing your specs and parts?

no i'm the bf not the one posting the 3 monitors settup!
and no i dont have any cash to spend on pc parts right now, just got that big monitor finally, no upgrades for one year at least now...

btw pic is his specs not mine

Not him, but that's an mATX board.

Sounds pretty good. Just get a good power supply.

I do not mind at all. The specs are mostly listed here. The RAM isn't set at the right speed or timings, it's supposed to be 3,000 MHz 14-14-14-34, but I haven't changed the XMP profile yet. As for everything else, it's most EK fittings and watercooling stuff, with the exception of two Koolance QD3 quick disconnects and a FrozenQ reservoir designed specifically for the case. The radiator is an EK SE 240 (240mm x 26mm), and the fans are Noctua NF-F12's. They're the LinusTechTips "edition", which is why they're black. And Noctua has replacement anti-vibration pads so I got those, too, for an all-black Noctua look.

Almost the same as mine, except my processor is a 4690.
I'll get a 1070 probably next year, after the price drops somewhat. I got my 770 4gig at release, 6 months later the price had dropped almost $300.

What monitor did you get?

Also, even if you went "cheap," an i5 and LGA 1151 board shouldn't be too much together and still perform quite a bit better. But you'd also need new RAM, too, since DDR4 and all. You'd probably be looking at like $400 on the cheap end lol

Still is a bit of cash I guess.

all that effort just to post trump memes

how am I doing

i got the Lg 34UC98
but nah my settup is quite good for now

Only the best of best.

Go 1080

Mine currently.
Has served me well, would like to upgrade, but can't afford it.

GPU, displays, and storage are a bit aged looking, but not bad otherwise.

That's a pretty nice screen. I believe it's very similar to my Dell U3415W, as they're both made by LG and both 21:9 34" screens. You like yours? I love mine. I just got this really sweet monitor stand, too. It justwerkz with Dell screens, but, has a USB 3.0 hub built in, and an SD card reader. My only issue is it's meant for lighter monitors, like 27" and under (15 pounds or less). Mine being 18 pounds, I can't really use the height adjustment. But that's okay, as I left mine at the lowest setting anyways.

Razr black widow? I got that keyboard. Pretty nice.

hi OP I have
asus mothboerd
intel PC
amd graphics
3 fan
hard drives
3 GB RAM duel channel
mouse

I thought about Corsair CX750M
How about that one?
I do not Plan on using a MultiGPU setup.

i love this monitor, it's just the right size for my use

Nice. Throw a turd in there to make it look a little nicer.

What the hell MB designer would go so far to make a small ITX motherboard and instead of any number of other features squeezes in dual gb ethernet?

So few people actually have a use for that.

Sabertooth 990fx
Amd fx 8350
Antec cpu cooler
2 gtx 760's
Ocz 850w psy
16gb ram

Was wondering that too. Why would you need dual with ethernet on that board unless it's designed for something like security dvr use or something.

Asus G751JT

CPU: i7-4720HQ
GPU: GTX 970m
RAM: 12GB

As you can see in the picture I have a Thinderbolt port I'm going to buy a AKiTiO Thunder2 PCIe Box and connect it to my Asus G751JT and place a GTX1080 inside the AKiTiO Thunder2 PCIe Box

I will set this in motion when the GTX 970m can't keep up with the latest games/software, I will turn it into a Hybride desktop pc being a powerfull laptop at my desk and portable at the same time.

So my laptop will end up like this:
Windows 10 + very needed DX12 since the CPU is mobile and will propably bottleneck the GPU and DX12 should help greatly with that, maybe 32GB ram, GTX 1080 making it powerfull enough to keep up with the desktop's throughout years, i cant find any flaw.

Not that guy but I've never had any problems with it but many reviews complains about coil whine, but then again I've haven't had any.

Well, if you aren't using multi GPU, you can save some money and get a lower wattage PSU. Or, spend the same amount and get a better PSU at lower wattage. The CX line from Corsair isn't really all that good, while most of their other lines are. Either of these I'd recommend.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438053

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139144

dat old ass maymay

what do you say?

It's ASRock. Tell you the truth, I like this board. It's a good board, and part of it is that it's basically the only X99 ITX board. But, there are some things they could have done without, such as the dual RJ45 ports. Only one is needed, though it does have an included WAN card so it's not like they skipped out on that. They also have SATAexpress on board, which isn't necessary. And they do have an M.2/U.2 slot, but, I could have lived without that, too. I can't complain though, it has every other feature I could ask for.

Except for black black memory slots. The heatsinks I can easily paint or re-anodize, but the fact that it's not worth doing since the RAM slots are blue is a bit annoying.

Someone buy me a new gpu please.
Also i'm having some problems sometimes as i turn on the pc, the motherboard doesn't gets to load bios or some shit.

Hey I'm wondering something. Well, on my next paycheck, I'll be getting an aftermarket fan for my cpu since amd stock fans suck (and one fan blade on it is broken). What's a safe temperature for my cpu while gaming? I've heard 50-60. Also, I have an amd 6300

Current PC as it was being completed, August 2014.

How about go work and earn it yourself you beggar

If it's not loading bios throw it in the trash cause it's dead. More than likely you got a bad stick of ram if it does weird shit on boot.

Honestly, as long as the motherboard is in the same temperature, or below, I wouldn't get too concerned over temperatures unless they're over 70C for boards and CPU's. GPU's are more like 90C starts getting concerning, and they start throttliing then too. Anywhere from 35-55C is fine for HDD's. Anything lower or above (while they're active) has shown to have some impact on life span, actually. And SSD's, as far as I know, should basically always run below 45C for a standard 2.5" one and be fine as such.

Thanks for your suggestions!
I will look into it.
I'm not to experienced with PSUs.
Why are those better than the CX750M/750M?

This is the first PC I will build totally on my own, so one last question:
Aside from modular PSU is there anything I should be aware of if I want to have a good cable Management?
The case itself by Fractal Design has some help with wires and SSDs fitting behind the Motherboard.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I dislike AMD boards. I've had issues with too many.

The point is that everytime i mean to upgrade the gpu, something else breaks, the last thing was the monitor.
This is probably what it was because if i recall properly, i started having this problem after i changed the RAM sticks if im not wrong.
But anyway, it just happens sometimes, i unplug all the USBs conected and it turns on fine.

>someone buy me a new gpu pls
>also mobo
Faggot my gpu is the mobility Radeon HD 2600 with 256MB VRAM. Yet I don't ask other people to buy me another laptop.

Yeah my motherboard is always below temperature. Thanks for the info bud! I've been using easy tune 6 to monitor my temperatures for the past few months and it really makes me more paranoid.

Whats the name of the case? thanks

I work on retail terminals and have seen ram cause some weird fucking issues. It's a gradual degradance also, so expect more weird shit down the line.

Looking into your case's photos, and looking for little tie-down points on the back side definitely helps. Or even just doing an image search of the case, or looking somewhere like overclock.net for photos might help give you some ideas.

The CX line is a real budget line by Corsair. It uses some shoddy electrical components, where as some of their other ones use much better ones. Some are even made by another company called SeaSonic, who generally makes very good power supplies. Typically you want a power supply (obviously good ratings can be a good determing factor) but with long warranties as it means the manufacturer stands by the product. But also "80+" Gold, Platinum, or Titanium are excellent standards.

Lots of effort ITT just to post rare pepes.

It's the NCase M1.

NZXT's "CAM" software is also pretty darn good for monitoring things like that. Or Speccy, depending on your motherboard. Speccy works well for my board, and every computer I've had before. I think it runs into issues when people don't have the proper drivers installed for their board's chipset, or it could just be a software bug.

>Pic is before water cooling.

Thanks for all this information.
I spend a lot of time researching and learning everything because of first time PC building (4 months and going on).

I bought them not really long ago,(2 months ago max) so i will send them back to exchange them tho.
I didn't expected someone to take it seriously, guess i was wrong.

I'll keep those softwares in mind man.

Thread bump

My rig.

I wish those cables were a tad bit lighter.