What did you learn for second foreign language class in high school, if any? and how much of it do you still remember?

What did you learn for second foreign language class in high school, if any? and how much of it do you still remember?
Most of us non anglos learn English as their first foreign language but what other languages do they teach in high school?

for me, first learned jap then trasfered to a diff school and learned french. i remember less than probably 5% of what i learned

swedish and german

I can speak swedish just fine, I never learned any german

ich bin ein weinersnitchel und du bist eine kartoffel

entschuldigung

we learn french luxembourgish and german as native languages and obligatory english and optional latin spanish or italian
for my part I chose italian

I picked Spanish
I remember all of it

This seems so inefficient why would you waste so much time learning languages. First get rid of Luxembourgish no one speaks that

>native language
>noone speaks it

French and Mandarin

First we learn English.
Later we have to choose another language.
The most common options are French, German and Spanish.
Spanish is most popular, but people still pick the other languages too.

I had German.

I attended an English-Spanish bilingual school, so learning English was a must.

Throughout primary school (and the first years of secondary school), we also had a mandatory class of Italian, two hours a week.

Then, during my final years, we had the option to attend to extra classes of either Italian or French. I took Italian classes on my last year of school and the following one, too.

Second foreign language was english, I remember most of it due to practicing it often on chinese cartoon imageboards.

First was latin, third was french, remember very little.

The second foreign language isn't a requirement in the Japanese high school curriculum.
But the national standardized test for colleges offer Chinese, Korean, German, and French.
People can pick one of these in lieu of English.

I did English classes. I learned nothing from them - I can safely say most of my basic English came from Pink Floyd, Donkey Kong Country 2 and dictionaries, the obligatory classes were a complete waste of time.

For other alternatives, currently schools are required to offer English and Spanish, but they can offer also other modern languages.

t. someone who speaks a Latin American dialect of Italian. :^)

Japanese is my "second language" I had it for 2 years. My conversation skills are on par with a toddler's. I can pick up bits and pieces of Japanese, really simple things.

2 years of spanish. Fuck all latin romance languages, make no sense at all to an anglo. Everyone should just speak english.

>Elementary school
English and French

>middle school
English and Spanish (German was also an option)

>High school
English and Russian (other options were French, German and Chinese)

>University
specialized English (medicine), German, French and Russian (regular) was an option

>make no sense at all to an anglo
Actually, English makes no sense at all compared with German and the Romance languages.

English, German, French and Latin. In Frisia you can replace Dutch with Frisian, so Dutch can be a second language for some people here.

If you wanted more or replace some languages, you can do official state exams in them. But no classes are given. In the year I graduated, 1 person had Russian and another Mandarin.

never learnt a language

>But no classes are given. In the year I graduated, 1 person had Russian and another Mandarin.
how do they learn it? teaching oneself is pretty hard and unmotivating

>What did you learn for second foreign language class in high school, if any?
Spanish, my school only offered Spanish and French and I was told French is worthless.
>and how much of it do you still remember? Just a few words and phrases. I remember more German from two Semesters in college than 4 years of H.S. Spanish.
>Most of us non anglos learn English as their first foreign language but what other languages do they teach in high school?
Spanish and French are bug. Larger towns also do German and Italian. I've heard some schools now teach all kinds of languages.

None. I took some easy art class and didn't have to take a foregin language

They learned it from their parents or a private teacher. But it's on their official curriculum, so they can drop one class if they want for that one.

I got English, German and French.

I'm fluent in English, speak conversational German and just recognize words in French.

I can watch German tv no problem. But when I have to speak it myself I often have to think about my answer.

But you have to keep in mind Dutch resembles English and German. So we're cheating a bit when it comes to learning languages.