Was slavery all that bad?

Was slavery all that bad?

Slavery was a huge loss for whites. With no blacks we'd have gun crime rates equivalent to Scandinavian countries.

Slavery was a huge win for blacks, otherwise they be stuck in africa fucking virgins to cure aids.

So it all depends on who you ask.

I call niggers
antique farm equipment

How else are you supposed to cure AIDS?

black people had a 100% employment rate during slavery, now look at them.

So why did we get rid of this jobs program?

Was slavery either all good or all bad? To me no. Would it be mostly bad for me if it still existed today? Yes.

Because you sell harvesting equipment?

Republicans (who were Democrats at the time, don't ask) wanted them all for expendable factory labor and/or welfare.

Ha. More like because i'm a mulatto.

I don't know. No one I know was around to experience it.

Most of the plantations workers were treated like indentured servants, and when they're time was up (even when the civil war was over) many chose to stay with the families that ran the plantations, and even more took the surnames of their "owners" voluntarily. There were the stereotypical slave owners, sure, and im not saying they were rare. Things weren't nearly as bad for blacks as history books would leave you to believe.

The victor of the war writes the history, and usually history is written slanted towards the victors point of view with embellishments written as fact. Take what is taught with a grain of salt.

You're an idiot. The problem is not the blacks but the poor. The poor just so happen to be black. It makes sense to not like the poor, that engage in criminal activity, but they are not necessarily bad just because they're black. Also, I hope you realize the US 310 million more people in it than Sweden, which has about twice as much population as other Scandinavian countries, so, yeah it makes sense that there is less crime there.

Yes it was because niggers are bad at working.

No, it really was a business thing, slavery was practiced elsewhere in the world at the time and wasn't terribly unusual. Though by that time it was considered somewhat low-brow, people were completely aware it would allow the rich to displace poor whites. Most whites didn't own slaves, they instead lost their jobs to slaves. Slaves were actually pretty goddamn expensive, if anything the true crime was deliberately not educating them in order to keep them powerless. Ironically modern black culture is anti-intellectual, anti-education and essentially levies the charge that everything which "the white man" has written is a tool of oppression. No, not allowing you to read was a tool of oppression, education on the other hand is the only thing that grants true freedom.

Most badass black person ever to live, Frederick Douglass, very correctly pointed this all out very loudly but I guess everyone fucking forgot. Fuck Harriet Tudman being on the 20 in a while or whatever, Frederick Fucking Douglass should be on the 20.

Worked well for my family
Still have property and assets purchased with the labor of Negro Slaves
Current family business only exists because of the profits made from slavery
Ancestor knew the writing was on the wall and sold out and moved north before Lincoln was elected
Changed his name and started new, with a lot of money
Had different slaves in the north, wage slaves, some of his writings talk about how much easier it was in the North, paid for work and that was it, none of the other expenses
If Negros today new how the family got it's start a bunch of our properties would be burned to the ground
My grandfather was an ancestry nut, tracked down a lot of the descendants of the family slaves, lot more of them than of us now, it is an unusual name with and odd spelling, easy to find them once you know
Glad I'm not in the Land of Cotton, but I am glad we once were there

>niggers are bad at working

But not if you whip them..

>Still have property and assets purchased with the labor of Negro Slaves

This Capitalist society in which we live in today would not exist without the colonial slavery just a few generations ago..

2016: Outraged activists literally demand the government:

feed
clothe
house
and employ them

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The USA is 99% slave, so you tell us.

guy with beanie has emo scars kek

>Was slavery all that bad?
Tell me how many white folks would choose to be slaves over the life they have.
None of the slave-owners would.

Why don't blacks go on cruises?
They ain't falling for that again.

Well, then, welcome to the 1% of whites for whom it actually worked out that way. I do hope you're not actually some SJW white girl trying to imply that your outlier case of success in something that mostly brought pain and ruin to people white and black alike somehow justifies efforts to marginalize white culture or white participation in government. You know, on account of the facts of history in no way supporting your narrative and your narrative having more obvious and close-at-hand causes, namely the Toqueville effect?

Just sayin'.

Yes, it would. We will never know what the America in which all but the richest people were kicked out of participating the production of resources. You have no proof and no solid argument that would indicate it wouldn't be a vastly better place than it is today. If anything the middle class would be much stronger and more educated, we would be many steps farther ahead without the economic dark age that was slavery.

Sorry all SJW shittery is just wrong, wrong, wrong on every level, academic, moral, social. You're just wrong.

i really like the expression on the girl at the right: how the hell I´m going to pay for my college tuition now? Gender studies was not that clever of a choice after all...