Do you Americans like him?

Do you Americans like him?

He seems to have a done a good job if the US can make it to the Semi Finals of a Copa America.

What are your general thoughts on him as a coach?

who is this fellow

Kurgy Jinsmann

his team selection is based on meme

utter wanker that gets lucky, US has never ever been an entertaining or good team, they play too much like it's baseball or something, parking the bus until one chance to score. homerun mentality

he's good

This 2bh.

I wouldn't recognize him if I ran into him on the street.

He's done well with a really complex and difficult job.

Balancing fielding a competitive team with minimal talent while adhering to long term plan for growing soccer in this country is not easy.

based af desu

He's foreign and the idea of having a foreigner coach a national team seems totally outrageous. I thought this was just a thing for small countries. Is this a common thing in soccer?

does ok with talent available

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Just delete your post and go back to /mlb/

nice proxy britfag, as if you even watch USMNT

ive seen every game. went to the training camp. if you have a problem come fight me.

the ones who dislike him are probably donovan fanbois

Literally my husbando

You said the USA has never been exciting or good.

As if that's Klins' fault

he doesn't belong in /mlb/, how the fuck do you park the bus in baseball? is there ever a time when a pitcher isn't playing defensively?

Fuck no
His game management is terrible

FUCK OFF REDDIT

His parking bus skills aren't even near Cholo level, maybe on some euro 2nd division

He tinkers too much with lineups when consistency is badly needed. The long-term plan seems to be priority number one, which is fine, but I have a nasty feeling Bradley could be doing more with this exact same lineup. Tactically sound if uninteresting, but will not win any manager of the year awards.

England had that Italian guy for a while

I think he's decent. He's not world-class but seems to be a good motivator, and the players seem to genuinely like him. I'd much rather have a Yuro soccer mind out there than an American one tobehonest.

I think most Americans are neutral on him, the only hardcore hatebase he has is from MLelS shills and hopefully this Copa America will silence some of the critics.

Everything he does outside of meme European high-profile friendlies is horrific, but I can't deny that when it's time to put up or shut up he gets it done.

The team plays the most defensive it ever has in ages but still wins ugly, go figure. Not a fan and never was, but it seems our players can carry any manager.

Doubting Klinsmann is a bad thing

>when it's time to put up or shut up he gets it done
>it seems our players can carry any manager
pick one famalam

Pretty mediocre, put him in charge of youth development

he is cool.

american by citizenship so all is good

he always gets results in the big tournaments

ignore all the bandwagoning hipster noise about him, he is the best thing for us soccer's long term success and stability

He triggers the fuck out of MLS bronies so he's cool in my book

BRADLEY Wright-Phillips is one of the best players in that league and these people want him to fill our starting lineup with MLS players who have never even played a minute in a decent club league.

You seem very confused

>he always gets results in the big tournaments
He's only been in one
And he didn't get that far

Complete trash. Complains about poor youth players then decides to do something like put in Wondo over Pusilic when we're up 3-0

Also Donovan is the best US national player of all time

He seems to pull more than our weight in tournaments. Not sure if there's anyone of comparable stature to replace him with that wouldn't want out in two years.

>Is this a common thing in soccer?

Yes, including in big countries: England, Russia, etc. Don't be close-minded. It is not dishonorable to be lucid and recognize the superiority of foreign talent, and having Klinsmann to coach your team is an honor.

Also, daily reminder your country was founded by British citizens.

We love our immigrants

But you have to be here *legally*

he's a good technical director, but he makes weird tactical decisions sometimes and he doesnt always make the right sub calls

it would be great to keep him to oversee the US youth development but maybe replace him after 2018

No idea who he is. From his shirt I'd guess the coach of our national soccer team

we had Foreign coaches before, US is actually quite open to foreign raised/born players

half of those guys are German American

>He seems to pull more than our weight in tournaments
Forgetting last year?
That one actually mattered

>he's a good technical director
Where the fuck does this come from?

would you say he "underachieved" against belgium

if so, who would you get instead, and who do you think would do a better job with the current roster

Do you even love me senpai?

He's ok, it seems like he values physical ability over technical or mental ability when it comes to the youngsters though. He needs to bring Emerson Hyndman into the fold as quickly as possible, we desperately need to develop a central midfielder that has some creative vision.

I want to like him but it's pretty obvious he doesn't really strategize so much as throws shit at a wall every other game and see what sticks.

The teams seems to win despite him oftentimes.

He turned a shitty team in contenders

Best winning % in U.S. history

He's a true American, and a hero

>7/16/2016
Wrong month, but thanks for using the right format

>gold cup
>actually mattered

right, almost as much as the Asian champions league

We love him when we succeed and take out our pitchforks when he fails

Overall, he has probably one of the worst managing jobs on the planet, and some of the most critical press against him and his decisions, so I try to give him some credit because that cannot be an easy place to be.

Overall, he relies on too many old players and is reluctant to bring in youth, the Wondo pick over Morris this tourney made NO sense, and now, it looks like it may have cost us the whole kitten kabootle

7/10

He's an American citizen dipshit.

It wasn't like he did anything spectacular in the world cup
The group self-destructed around us

Define current roster
Because one of Klinsmann's flaws is his roster selection

Morris is a meme

Go back to Seattle

Chicano spotted

It matters more than this meme thing
Plus losing to Jamaica is something that should never happen

So fellow murribros

Bedoya out
Jones out
Wood out

What the fuck are we gonna do?

The fuck are you from the future?

His sub calls were 100% today

He's creating depth and using it, all around he's a great manager

>Expecting me to know the number of Summer months.
Holy shit I've been here too long

Frankly I think a top foreign coach with a long-term vision could produce very good results for America.

I'll get a lot of hate for saying this, but USA could even win a World Cup with a coach that's good enough (plus a bit of luck).

I'm thinking of a Greece 2004 scenario.

lose but it's great that we made it

I'd move Zardes up, stick Yedlin back at RB, and start Beckerman and Zusi

>His sub calls were 100% today
Like leaving Bedoya in to get carded when it was already clear for ten minutes he was completely gassed?

Prepare anuses for little white Argie cock.

Bedoya won't be too big of a loss desu
As much as I want to hate old man Jones he has been very consistent and hasn't really tried to do too much this tournament
Wood is extremely inconsistent, tonight he was okay so that probably means he would have been shit against Argentina

Pulisic needs to see the field, I don't give a fuck about anything else desu senpai

bedoya should have been out at least 5 min earlier and now he's suspended the same day jones is. That's not 100%.

Anyone who knows the slightest about soccer knows we're punching way above our weight with klinsmann

Casuals will still call for his head though if we don't start winning trophies

Like how he anticipated the final 20 would be all pressure by the away side, in a knockout round, and saved his final sub to kill time? YES exactly that

Saving a sub for the final minute of stoppage is what anybody would have done, in a close mach with no stoppage you expect the pressure to come in the last minute

You faggots blame the manager when it's the ref who reached in his back pocket so many times today you'd think his dick came out of his ass

Because Paraguay and Ecuador are huge giants in the soccer world
Don't forget Jamaica

sorry meant no extra time

Having him for the next game is much more important
Especially since that foul turned into a free kick

Bedoya's side was already getting all the pressure preciesly because Bedoya's legs were completely dead. There was zero reason to leave him in, and if Ecuador weren't fuckups on those headers it would have cost the game yellow card aside.

bedoya wasn't subbed off in stoppage time friendo.

He wasn't subbed off because Klansman wanted to save his final sub for stoppage, which was the right thing to do considering the heat Ecuador was bringing at the end

Nobody can predict a foul with total accuracy before it happens, it's easy to criticize after the fact

Not really since our only fouled out player is returning to the back 4 in the next match

When was the last time England made it to the semifinals of a major tournament?

kek he's right (same shit in our small country tbqh)

When they made the final 4 in ww2

Uh Bedoya's out for the next game

Germany tricked us into taking this dud but yuroboos will suck his cock no matter what because he shits on MLS

Yeah? I was talking about Yedlin returning at RB which means Johnson can move back to the left, and losing Bedoya isn't that big a deal

Losing Johnson and Wood is a big deal, but that's the ref's fault.

>he shits on MLS
Took long enough for this whining to start. He's right about that, by the way.

what are you talking about? Bedoya was subbed off in the 81st, and he was the 2nd substitution. He put in a massive and active shift and was dying out there. he was a defensive liability and a suspension risk in the leading up to the 70th minute or so. The announcers even mentioned it. Then he got a suspension yellow and gave away a free kick that led to a goal. JK still had another sub left after that one.

He doesn't shit on MLS
He just gets obsessed with certain players

>save his final sub for stoppage, which was the right thing to do

He should have subbed out Bedoya sooner. He's lucky that it didn't cost us but that doesn't mean that it was some genius move to kill momentum late in the game.

losing Jones and Wood*

>Nobody can predict a foul with total accuracy before it happens, it's easy to criticize after the fact
That's the thing retars, he should have been pulled regardless of the foul because that entire side was collapsing every 30 seconds under Ecuador's attack because he had no legs.

>He seems to have a done a good job
WRONG

And here come the yuroboos

Let me guess, you don't think US soccer will be relevant until we implement relegation?

What's your favorite EPL team and do you have a scarf?

But it was a designed move to kill time at the end of the game, and that means he was thinking. Of course he makes mistakes Jesus he's still propelling us further than anybody else would be.

Just see above you hen pecking faggot

source? I can't find anything on him being a citizen

What?
Why would you want to lose another player?

again, the bedoya sub WASN'T the one made in time-killing

>The group self-destructed around us

We beat Ghana and nearly beat Portugal, and only conceded one to Germany. Wtf are you on about?

Fulham America FC is my club. If you support a My Little Sawker franchise over based Fulham then you are a nonce

He's done a great job. He is the director of football operations, along with the best competitive win% of any USA manager. His job is more than USMNT manager.

>it means he was thinking. Of course he makes mistakes

If it took him 30 minutes to realize Bedoya needed to get off then he shouldn't be a coach.

Not sure how you can claim that he's better than anyone else, that's pure speculation. I thought we played better under Bradley though for what that's worth.

He's no better than coaches we've had before. His only real contribution is his Germany pipeline. Then again, the US team has always pulled foreign born players just fine, and none of them would ever sniff the German national team, so I'm relatively sure they'd be here regardless.

He's a good asset for u.s. soccer, but not as manager.

Pep has been quoted as saying he wants to manage the US in the future, I think that could be amazing if it happens eventually. If we run Klinsmann out of town there's a 0% chance Pep would be willing to come though

Ghana should have beat us
We only beat out Portugal because of GD

we were more consistent under bb probably, but we definitely look more comfortable and confident in possession against decent teams than we used to. though I think the general talent is better now (clark and bornstein were regular starters under bradley).

Ecuador is literally 2nd in CONMEBOL standings right now, above Argentina, Colombia, Brazil and Chile. Get the fuck out.

Sorry but I'm a soccer fan, I don't care for footy m8

>score an early goal
>defend competently
>answer with a winner

we outplayed portugal too

>you don't think US soccer will be relevant until we implement relegation?
No, I don't think that.

>What's your favorite EPL team
I don't have one actually. I enjoy watching the league in general because the quality is so much higher. Top class players from around the world (there are maybe 2 or 3 of them in MLS), exciting young prospects (no coincidence that the best US youngsters are playing overseas), no abysmal refereeing (and no league-run Youtube channel that tries to defend awful ref decisions). And the league and teams don't feel obliged to resort to minor-league baseball gimmicks to keep fans and TV viewers engaged.

I don't hate MLS, I just don't actively seek it out like I do international leagues or top tournaments like the CA.

>do you have a scarf?
Nope.

Huh? Link?