youtube.com/watch?v=45hqya3m8QE
youtube.com/watch?v=F3sopPPxOEo
youtube.com/watch?v=5qMvEQdCPHs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochrony
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WTF delet this

the language of the elite

truly the master race

Do French people like the sound of Spanish?

Spaniards like French generally speaking.

spanish and italian sound nice

portuguese and french sound disgusting to me

never heard romanian

Now show Mexico, Brazil, and Haiti and compare them to Anglo Germanic herrvolk colonies.

>Spaniards like French generally speaking.
>portuguese and french sound disgusting to me

Hum... really make me think.
>Do French people like the sound of Spanish?
In general, yes

Is wine the key to success ?
I say yes.

>Never heard Romanian
Where the fuck do you live bro

add greece, remove france

no

>Tsunaldo
>Mouyes

are portubros the weird kids of the family

you have gotten it wrong

sure take this shit lol

Clearly, yes.

H-here' the u-u-unedited version

I honestly would've thought you'd drink the stronger stuff more than us, and that we had the cheapo booze, but this map clearly states >13% vol.

I know for a fact that everyone's grandpa with a couple meters of land produces their own wine, and that sure as fuck isn't >13%, so the real number must be scary as fuck.

Spain is the weird thing. They are the world's biggest exporter of wine, although they aren't known for having the best wines like France or Italy are supposed to. Ours do pretty well, I guess, but we just don't have the size.

>34

delet this

But Haïti isnt a colony of French people.

Last night my friend and I were trying to figure out if French wine or Italian wine is better

Thoughts?

Most French speakers live in Africa, you should be posting pics of Gabon and the Congo

THE ONLY THING ITALY HAS IS ROSÉ, AND ITS FOR FUCKING WOMEN. RED OR DEAD.

i think that's hebrew

>rosé
Isn't that ours?

Queen's English is sexy as fuck though.

I think you people are forgetting the best pro
>know a romance language
>automatically know like 4 more
>can pretend I am cultured and don't need subtitles in anything
Truly the mustard of this hot-dog we call earth.

The only thing I fear is that english lobotomizes us and we can't understand between each other.

>captcha: fairground bollos

Nah you guys actually have good red.

Don't insult yourself, Rosé is shit.
Utter. Shit.

French geography is a fucking mess tho

And you haven't seen the EEZ yet, proper mess.

We actually don't drink Rosé, but I think we do export it the most out of everyone.

Same with Verde and Port a bit, actually. We export it more than we drink it. Our usually shit is the Dão, Douro or Alentejo wine, I'd say. Or whatever's local.

Yea, anglos have 5 good countries...so impressive.

So, like texas compared to DC and california to new york?

City I live in was founded by French fur traders
also the oldest European settlement in the state
Vive la France

Enough wine talk, it's making me thirsty.

Post language examples. Documentary narration is a nice go-to for a serious sounding voice with no memes:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9rRWTTFBxM

Im gonna say Vermont ..?

youtube.com/watch?v=8A1qkQEZaDY on an interesting subject

Both anglo and iberian former colonies are filled of niggas so is the same

>America mentioning us

HIIIIIIII

Obviously italian wine and his derivate Californian wine

Italy won the race by staying still. Now your language is centre is yourselves.

Well, you are the oldest and wisest.

nope !
State has a french name (i think) if you want to guess again

youtube.com/watch?v=45hqya3m8QE
The counting starts at 15 seconds

Spanish:
Latam (neutral, non neutral slang and manners in the language depends on the country): youtube.com/watch?v=F3sopPPxOEo
Spaeen: youtube.com/watch?v=5qMvEQdCPHs

then its Maine

eargasm

It's so weird that Portuguese and French sound closest to each other and Spanish and Italian too.

Why does it skip a country? It doesn't make any sense.

Illinois

Let's take Syria and create the missing link

>france replies to you

The french pronounciation have its roots in the gaulish pronounciation. I believe Portugal also had celtic settlers, so it might be where this similarity comes from.

But italian and french are very similar when written, whereas there are more similarities between portuguese and spanish when written.

You post a 'compilation' that's half from Southern Brazil and 100% irrelevant. Quite an achievement.

We were too busy with papacy, crusades and internal wars to create an unitarian medieval state and colonize the Americas mate

i suck

Except that we carried the crusades, it was just the Papal State pointing in which direction to wreck havoc :^)

Wait, what?

Yes, I'm talking only about pronunciation only. But even written down I feel like French is the oddest one out. Pronunciation-wise it's us for sure. We barely sound like Romance.

I doubt that Celtic had a lot to do with it. I think we used to sound a lot closer to Spanish than we do now, so it's a recent thing. May be Celtic genes, though, kek.

And with that, your country is the largest speaker of your language, which must be nice. It really wasn't meant as a backhanded compliment, but I can see it now. I was trying to see a silver lining.

meh...I don't think so.

French is pretty much its own thing.

People will probably associate Spanish with Italian and Portuguese but French...it's different.

Some people think French is weird, ugly, silly, gay (makes me angry desu), cute, hot, sexy...

It's cool, at least they always have different opinions

Based Illinois

I-I love you

>you will never be able to speak a romance language

>it's a recent thing
It's a good sign, it means portuguese is still a well alive language.
French also changed a lot, less than a hundred years ago most french speakers still rolled their r's, and here we are now, sounding like germanz

>Illinois
>french
That's a native name m8

>Some people think French is weird, ugly, silly, gay (makes me angry desu), cute, hot, sexy...

French definitely sounds like a "female" language if that makes any sense. It's cute when a woman speaks it, but a man sounds gay when he speaks it.

Just learn 1 m8.
You will learn automatically the others since they are all Latin derivates

Piemont (basically an offspring of you...) had a good time in the Crusades mon amis

Because unlike anglos we had good relations with the indians and we named these territories after the names they gave them.

It was the French name for the native tribe

Now I'm pissed off.

Believe it or not but some Frenchmen can sound manly. manly af.

I'm learning Spanish right now but I can't pronounce your r's correctly

I really want to be able to speak french someday too

Not with ours though, we're a romance language but we are pretty out there.

That's true. And after us Brazil and Argentina have the largest italian speaker communities

Je sais :)
t.Québec

>The thread was going fine, until the FUCKING LEAF arrived and attempted to shitpost, willing, dreaming to be as cool as aussies, and yet failing miserably. The leaf knew, knew it was ridiculous, but the leaf knew it was too late. The leaf stood, his hands and legs shaking, and yelled " ««««««««Romance»»»»»»»»»»(...).png". A long silence followed, as the audience didn't knew what really was going on.

Well, there's obviously languages that sound the closest to Portuguese other than French, but the closest sounding thing French has within the west Romance group it's Portuguese for sure.

It's just weird that there isn't a continuum but an alternating patter. I guess Occitan and Catalan are leaving a huge hole :^)

>Some people think French is weird, ugly, silly, gay
I'm gonna be honest, and I know full well I'm biased.

It sounds pretty. Definitely not ugly. It's very pendulum-like sounding to me. Very rounded and graceful. It's not necessarily gay, but definitely a bit effeminate. Very unique.

Spanish is the gay sounding one to me, mostly because of the lisp and open vowels. I guess there's some uncanny valley at work here for me, too, though. Very rough and square (few disctinct vowels), and a bit dumb (again, uncanny valley and bias, I'm sure). It always reminds me of 8-bit Portuguese.

Italian always sounds like they are speaking with someone turning the volume knob up and down very fast. Like someone is always breaking and going forward.

But for some reason none of them sound particularly manly, mostly because you accent almost every vowel (Brazilians do to and it happens there as well), whereas we only accent one vowel per word and eat the rest. I guess we must sound drunk, but it feels more serious and assertive.

I think that it's actually British and French language influences in our courts + isolation from Spain because of the mountains. Although it might just be accumulated slurring.

Watch Spanish internet shows. That's how I learned English
The ones I recommend are
>31 minutos (specially the later seasons)
>dayoscript
>loulogio
>3 gordos bastardos (specially their podcasts)
Also r8 my selection romance bros

hello yes, i love quebec

Tabernak

Thanks

French sounds gay, Spanish sounds gay...what's wrong with Romance languages ?

Make Frenchies' Language Celtic Again

Your Estado Novo ensured survival of your language in the centuries with angolans mocanbiqueses cabuverdeans etc... our language will die with us in the next 2 centuries

Here's what gaulish was like from the very very few traces they left (they didn't use writing) :

Segomaros Ouïlloneos tooutious namaüsatis eïōrou Bēlē sami sosin nemēton

Which means : Segomaros, fils de Uillo, toutious (chef de tribu) de Namausos, dédie ce sanctuaire à Belisama.

t. wiki

kek

Thanks I'll check these out once I learn more words
I only just started on duolingo so i just know some very basic vocab

why are they separated so much

>what's wrong with Romance languages
I think it's the fact that you all are syllable-timed, whereas most germanic languages (and Euro Portuguese) are stress-timed:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochrony

I honestly think it sums it up.

Estado Novo only existed for 40 years, but point taken.

Brazil is gonna carry that torch for better or worst, though, and they left way before the Estado Novo.

Ironically, the African Portuguese accents use the European standard, but they open the vowels like brazilians (and black english), so they ended up in between.

You must revive dalmatian

>you will NEVER have a french gf

This entirety of the western hemisphere will be speaking at least one romance language by the of the century. Dirty anglophones, clear out now. This is Spanish/French/Portuguese territory.

>you might have a qt latina gf someday

Looks based af

>tfw you will never speak Gaulish and nobody cares about this dead language

Kek, Portuguese diaspora pulling Luxembourg and Switzerland above Italy.

You are white?
Go for it. they usually starve for white cock in latin countries

My uncle was in Lourenço Marquez in The '60s and told me about a vibrant and modern city. Now a shithole ... Salazar and Caetano weren't so bad at all uh...

I tell everyone learning Spanish not to sweat the R's too much. A lot of people, even some native speakers, can't get the trill.

>mfw people are saying « bleu » instead of « azur »

there's a celtic metal band that has a few songs in Gaulish if you're interested.

I'm white yes
i do want to move to a latin country actually after i get a degree

Breton*