Daily reminder that if you cant drive a manual car, you are a literal faggotmaster

Daily reminder that if you cant drive a manual car, you are a literal faggotmaster.

Other urls found in this thread:

drivingtesttips.biz/images/brake-warning-light.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f2/B02_Parking_brake_indication.svg/2000px-B02_Parking_brake_indication.svg.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I learned on a manual car but

Most full size pick ups are automatic

Buy a truck you sissy faggot

what if i cant drive at all because i have a missing leg.

You can still drive without legs, there are vehicles with hand controls

prove it faggot

Post your manual vehicle then.

Only I can be master to all the faggots
Though manual is easy.

I drive a Ford Kuga 2009. Its a nice car.

You know you're gonna have a hard time selling it right?

>Manuals are more of a novelty item now, there isn't a demand or many benefits to driving a manual anymore
>That's why people aren't learning stick shifts anymore

Buying a newer car that is stick shift is retarded

I dont live in america. Outside of the US, 95% of people still drive manuals.

>Daily reminder
>We have this thread every day

Thanks for pointing that out, you massive nigger

>Daily reminder that if you cant drive a manual car, you are a literal faggotmaster.
>Daily reminder that if you cant ride a horse, you are a literal faggotmaster.
>Daily reminder that if you cant hunt a mammoth you are a literal faggotmaster

>daily reminder

what kind of nigger cant hunt mammoths?

>Outside of the US, 95% of people still drive manuals.
>if you cant drive a manual car, you are a literal faggotmaster.

Not sure what makes you special then if 19/20 people drive stick in your country

>I fall into the 1/20 able to drive a stick.

>tfw no mammoth left

>drives a truck
>calls others a sissy faggot
b logic in all its glory

This thread was mostly aimed at amerifaggots

Australian here, 95% of people here don't drive manuals.

Also, as someone who can drive a manual, anyone who gets some sense of superiority out of that is the faggotmaster. Could you be more insecure?

Like driving a standard is some sort of accomplishment. It's easy and can be learned quickly.

why faggot what are you 12. Your probably the guy who revs out his shitty Honda civic when you drive past girls

yes, because it's my fault I grew up a poorfag and was subject to whatever vehicle my parents permitted me to have, and considering in the US your average car is automatic, I never even got a chance to learn stick.

Is there something wrong with driving a truck?

daily reminder if you can't drive an 18 speed your a faggot.

ITT: Angry americans

I can drive a manual car but I don't because why bother? Nothing homosex about making your life easier m8

Only redneck virgin cucks drive trucks!

Hey look at me rhyme

I'd assume a pick up, a vehicle for a specific job and not just popping to the shops, would be a much more practical vehicle with manual transmission?
You know, differing payloads, surfaces, inclines, conditions etc

Just saying man, it's not really all that amazing to drive a stick if all your 3rd world country can afford are America's handmedowns

Did i say there was? Re read my fucking post you pleb

Nigger I have more important things to think about than whatever shitty car I use to get from A to B, why would I waste my time and energy learning to use one that takes more effort to use when I could be using that time on something more practical or more fun.

>norway
>3rd world

Something more practical or fun... like driving with a manual transmission?

Lol
Imagining pick ups are actually used for any sort of purpose for which they are designed

There doesn't need to be many benefits, if there's at least one benefit then driving manual can be said to be beneficial.

+1

I am an engineering student now but I was a carpenter and a tile setter - it's still what pays for me to get to college. I need a truck

Last thing you want to do is fuck around with something like that if you're hauling a load or a trailer. Imagine having a full load of shit in the back of your truck on a hill at a light or something, that half second of going from breaking on a hill to drive can be a pain cause you start rolling back a little.

It's just what I've seen from the full size pick ups within the last 10 years or so. I

manual 6 speed

Most of Europeans drive manuals because we find automatic cars boring.

The benefits don't outweigh the cons

Which are?

You don't roll back if you know how to use the clutch to hold you on a hill

I don't live in a first world country fill of gypsies and jihadistanis, so manual transmission offers nothing I need that automatic doesn't.

Driving is an inherently unpleasant task from which the only entertainment is gained by things not intrinsically related to the vehicle itself. It's a necessary evil at best.

In traffic it's a huge pain in the ass, starting on hills sucks, not everyone can drive your vehicle, and it's harder to sell (if you're American)

what's the matter op, too stupid to learn one?

6 speed literal faggotmaster
Lol pleb

Master race checkd

>its a huge pain in the ass starting on hill
??? Are you a fucking child or my grandmother?
(Protip; hand brake)

>I don't live in a first
Third*

Its not a pain in the ass if you know how to use it. Starting on a hill is only difficult if you are learning, if you can drive a manual, its fairly easy. My friends arent faggots, so they know how to drive a manual. Selling it is no big deal, as there are always some people looking to buy a manual.

99% of driving is boring because it's commuting. Sure, if you want to drive for fun on the weekend it might be worth having a manual, but otherwise? It's just less effort.

I dropped my car off at the dealership and they had to find someone to drive it back to the shop because the service dude I was dealing with couldn't drive stick. Wtf. Isn't that their job.

Only faggots use the handbrake-method

All cars are manual because they don't drive themselves.

I hope you're embarrassed that you don't understand one of the most rudimentary skills required to operate a motor vehicle

Lean to have a new car faggots. Newer ones have a brake hold that holds you on the hill.

lul wut?
As opposed to sitting there burning your clutch out?

Hand break is for heavy loads not your shit civic rice burner bs

I got a fairly new car from 2009. I dont feel the need to buy a new car every year...

I'm not leaning

Lol enjoy messing with a dumbass stick for the whole drive while I smoke cigs and play with my dick and still achieve the same outcome of reaching my destination.

Can't fault user's logic when men mostly drive trucks. Your tampon talk is misdirected.

Do enlighten us as to why you should not use the device designed to prevent the vehicle moving to prevent the vehicle moving.

>it does it for you
>learn
>it does it for you
>learn

Once the car starts pulling, you push the gas and remove your foot from the clutch. When you are standing still on a hill, you keep the car in free/clutch in, and have the foot on your brake.. You only burn your clutch if you have your car standing still using your clutch, and not your brake.

Do enlighten us as to why you should use the parking brake while not parked?

Go show a grown up what you just wrote and get them to explain to you why you should probably go and kill yourself

HEY! get out of here with that logic

It's called the handbrake and you can engage it whenever you're stopped - at a light, or waiting at the side of the road, or stopped in traffic.

Do you have three feet?

If you can't float the gears in a manual you're a literal faggotmaster cuckfairy.

And when you transition from holding the car with the footbrake to holding the car with the clutch and gas, you'll roll backwards if you're on a hill because for half a second there's nothing holding the car there. So use the handbrake - it's what it's for.

(Shhhh, little secret here but youre from the only country in the world that incorrectly calls the hand brake the parking brake, probably to do with the higher than usual prevalence of auto transmissions)

I hope you're embarrassed that you need to extract superiority from having an unnecessary skill.

I have a manual and am automatic, If you drive a truck or diesel you should drive automatic, and in a sport car should be manual

In a car it's fine and easy you faggots but in a full size truck hauling a ton load or a trailer it's a lot different

As a European refugee, I can confirm this. The truck's they've been smuggling us in were the shit, man

Because the ((P)) sign on the dashboard stands for phandbrake

Which is hilarious. If you're starting on a *really* steep hill, you still need the handbrake in an automatic. The creep won't hold you on a 1 in 4 incline.

Heavy loads as in driving a tractor trailer
Not a shit box baby car

But you get to control the car, go fast suddenly or save way more gas than any retarded auto

If you lack that confidence perhaps youre not the most suited person to drive a heavily laden vehicle

Ass

Do you mean the ((!)) symbol? drivingtesttips.biz/images/brake-warning-light.jpg

Pro-tip: different cars use different symbols for this stuff.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f2/B02_Parking_brake_indication.svg/2000px-B02_Parking_brake_indication.svg.png

Most cringeworthy post in this thread so far

"B b b b but its got the letter 'p' all lit up and shit!"

Hahahahah get a diesel you pussy

>upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f2/B02_Parking_brake_indication.svg/2000px-B02_Parking_brake_indication.svg.png

Having trouble reading?

>different cars use different symbols for this stuff.

Have you ever drove a full size truck with a full load, or a trailer?

Just a quick Q regarding this method (never heard of it, but I live in Amerilard land), why not put the car into neutral and then simply hold it with just the brake? Most people (from what I've seen) don't take off from a light like a dragster, so you'll have time to quickly switch into first/second (depending on preference) and go about your day.

Yup. Our family trades in timber. We use a 1979 landrover (3tonnes, 2.5 4 cylinder n/a diesel, 4 speed gear box with high/low ratio) pulling a 14ft single axle trailer, fully laden = 4 tonnes.
Gross weight 7+ tonnes.

I'm also getting pretty good keks out of how much this little troll attempt has rustled jimmies.

This is the correct method, but clutching from a up a hill can be a challenge if you are a massive superfag, so some people use the parking brake.

>lying on Sup Forums
OK

Huh? It's not about what gear you're in, it's about switching from holding the car with the brakes to accelerating up the hill. When you're in gear, it takes a moment to switch your foot from the brake to the gas, during which time the car will begin to roll back, because even with the clutch partially biting the idle speed of the engine is not enough to drag you uphill - which can be a lot if the hill is steep, and very bad if there's someone right up your arse. This still happens if you were in neutral before.

If you hold the car with the handbrake and give the car a bit of gas before you take the brake off, you will immediately be holding the car with the clutch and gas, and be able to accelerate from there.

Fitted a new canvas hood a few weeks ago

waste