I need help with my computer b, i just made it and it turns on for a few seconds and then on, then keeps repeating this

I need help with my computer b, i just made it and it turns on for a few seconds and then on, then keeps repeating this

Other urls found in this thread:

pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1720&page=7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_circuit
voice-online.co.uk/article/talented-11-year-old-joshua-ngoka-builds-computer
digitaltrends.com/computing/five-reasons-why-your-new-motherboard-doesnt-work-how-to-fix-them/
youtube.com/watch?v=ncHZuq5j8Vo
forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/61846-ga-z170x-ud3-error-code-55-wont-boot.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

On then off for a few seconds

Something ahoeting most likely. First try a new power cable. Then try checking the board isnt screwed too tightly to the case. Power the board on aith everything attached but outside the case

Shorting*

Could be that you fucked up the cpu pins on the mobo or that your cpu isn't plugged in to your mobo
It could be any number of things but this tends to happen when your cpu is fucking up

fuck off tard

your 4/8 pin for your processor cannot be seen in that image, is that plugged in?

I think it may be something related to the power supply?
Maybe ill try it

What specs do you have ?
I had a similar problem - and i tried to switch out my powersupply and graphic card - but that wasn't the problem - it turned out to be a defect CPU - so i returned it, and they confirmed it was defect, and i got a new one.
i5-4670k intel quad core 3.4 Ghz was the processor

That LED panel should show some numbers that you can refer to the manual to see the problem.

Remove all but on RAM stick and the GPU.
Make sure all connectors are security fitted and in the right place, you may have connected your CPU cooler to the case fan socket. PC won't boot if it doesn't detect a CPU fan.

Speaking of your CPU fan; it looks like you installed the cooler facing the wrong way. You really want the fan to be vertical and on the right hand side of the cooler. Rotate it 90 degrees clockwise and it will perform better. the only problems this will cause is slightly higher temps on your CPU. Not a huge deal.

I got a i5 6600, what do you want pics of with the cable

>Speaking of your CPU fan; it looks like you installed the cooler facing the wrong way. You really want the fan to be vertical and on the right hand side of the cooler. Rotate it 90 degrees clockwise and it will perform better. the only problems this will cause is slightly higher temps on your CPU. Not a huge deal.

that shit makes literally no difference in temps, and only 3 degrees when the second fan is added

There's a voltage switch on the PSU next to the switch. Make sure it says 115v or 120v

That picture was side ways, is this fine?

start with some light in the picture, use the flash or a real camera

see image, it powers your cpu, it looks like you didn't plug it in.

Pictures are being retarded sry

Try reseating the ram, if that doesn't work then check the motherboard mounting screws which could be causing a short.

thats not what a short is you fucking mook, shut the fuck up with that shit

its wrong.

You autistic fam?

you are from ssu aren't you

The white CPU_FAN thing?

>immediately reduced to insults

if you cant be right you have to make fun? i bet youre a real charm to be around

No i only browse b

that'll be one thing which will not correctly operate the variable fan speed when the cpu heats up, but likely not the issue.

its a 4 or 8 pin slot like i circled, whats your mobos model

>fuck off tard
Am i missing something?

yeah ok retard

pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1720&page=7

I had the same problem building my first pc. tkae out the battery on the motherboard, then hold the power button for a few seconds to get all of the power drained. Then put the battery back on and boot it up. That worked for me.

yea ok retard

it wouldn't power at all faggot, a short can only happens once, which is why i said what i said. op said his shit keeps power cycling, but go on, keep sounding stupid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_circuit

okay, yes I was wrong, you are plugged in

You may need to wash it off in the tub for a few minutes. Just don't power it up while its in the water unless all the parts are made in the USA.

Mexican assembled parts always need washed before they can work properly.

voice-online.co.uk/article/talented-11-year-old-joshua-ngoka-builds-computer

Hmmm.... so this IS considered news worthy for ppl like OP.
Cant even build a computer right, beaten by an 11yo niglet

You don't have your cpu fan plugged in scrub

True, do that then report back

Check if the ram is actually inserted properly, sound kits fit ridiculously snugly

I do, oh its in sys fan ill switch it

Just leave already and stop trying to apply common short circuit logic to his problem. You are definitely a troll or a literal moron with little experience with computers. When the motherboard detects a short, there's a safeguard to prevent damage which prevents it from starting up, usually with a few beeps first. Just leave if you're not going to help.

Theres no beeping, just the fan, and only the graphics cards fans start up

The next Bill Gates.

Ill retry now with the new fan wiring

The fan works now, but it keeps turning on and off, and the system fan doesnt work, so is that why it could be shutting off

Try this

Im 16, and my parts go together pretty weirdly

follow this guide and check everything. It sounds like it might be something simple.

digitaltrends.com/computing/five-reasons-why-your-new-motherboard-doesnt-work-how-to-fix-them/

The ram is in pretty tight i guess

The one on the left doesn't look pushed in all the way

Maybe the ram is faulty, try another slot or removing one or the other. maybe the slot is faulty as well. a corrupted bios might also be the problem

Are all of your system panel connections in the CORRECT spots? I know when I built my first PC, I just haphazardly plugged them all in and was baffled when my shit didn't work.

Check the manual that came with your mobo, then plug in the corresponding things from your psu.

I dont think rams the problem
yeah, i just didnt plug an hdd led in its hard to reach

its probably shorting out, make sure that you make sure that none of the metal on the computer is touching the case, check the cpu cooling mount on the back

Do this too, your fan is blowing down and you wouldn't want that. You want it blowing to the exhaust fan.

faulty power supply. ive had this happen a few times before.

Also, is your PSU actually powerful enough to run all the other shit you threw in that case?

had this same problem take out the ram and put it back in woks

ITS THIS NIGGER I PROMISE. if you haven't changed anything recently and it wont stay on its power supply

take both dims out and put them back in

(im the guy that posted this)
my cpu cooling mount was touching my case and i had to use an angle grinder to make it fit

that mobo will light up a LED that tells you its bad ram. if it wont stay on its powersupply burned out.

re seed ram you fucking fag thats the problem its not power god damb i fuccking hate every one just reseed it take it out and put it back in thats it i swer im going to kill someone

you should probably kill yourself

Everythings new, bought yesterday, a guide helped me pick everything
Got a 16gb ram, i5 6600 proces corsair cx650m power supply gigabyte z170x ud3 motherboard
Gtx 970 vidya card

Gpu should go in the top x16 slot too

have you tried deleting system32?

>reseed it.
its not a fucking lawn you fucktard.

The led says 55 for a few seconds then shuts off

look at the board. theres an led with some writing next to it that says ram or something. it will be red if your ram isnt working.

>Mexican parts need washed

go to the asus website.. they will help you more than this place. im sure you can google that exact code along with your board model # and itle tell you.

The led is always red and stops at 55

MODS MODS MODS

try it with 1 stick of ram in the first slot. then try it with a differnt stick just 1 at a time. then try one single stick in the first slot of the next set of slots. you could have a bad stick or a bad slot.

no memory installed

and for fuck sake, whatever retard keeps harping on shorts, shut up man, you are not helping. this shit is you
youtube.com/watch?v=ncHZuq5j8Vo

forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/61846-ga-z170x-ud3-error-code-55-wont-boot.html

This is a link to someone with the same mobo, read through it he was having the same issue. Someone in the comments told him how to fix it.

I've had a similar issue, Try removing everything but the cpu, turn on and see if it shuts off or spins, repeat placing parts in one by one and it will help find the issue if you are unsure directly.

If the cpu cuts then it means you have done too much thermal and the heatsink just isnt working so you will need to remove, clean and re-apply and try again, if that isnt the issue then when you find the part that is causing the issue repost and we can help you from there

No proof fucking degenerate

if you say "im 16" you get banned. period. too lazy to report.

Ill try tinkering with the ram cards then

IKR that fag things he knows about what a short is, is literally mentally handicapped. Yes it could be the memory problem just take one stick at a time. If not then it could be a mounting short problem like a screw touch metal.

people still watch family guy?

At first it showed 35 and 99 and a bunch of different things and letters, now it just says AE

But its staying on though :)

Only cool people

Yes do that, see I'm right, I'm always right.

this happend to me but it turned out that my bios was broken and i had to replace my entire motherboard

Wait, can you guys help me hook it up to the monitor tho, idk what to do really

I have a double sided hdmi and a double sided computer wire thing and a wire with both

AE just means it hasn't found a boot device.

If its a new build most new boards have dual bios and would reset and load a backup

What do u mean, like a moniter or hdd

Yes....it hasnt found a moniter

congrats op you got it going. now stick your harddrive in there and start her back up. and gtfo. 9 time out of 10 it's a memory problem.

OOH GUYS COOL

>nigger builds gaymen rig with eurobucks
>lol child genius

when i was that age i was piecing together old systems that i salvaged from the trash. fuck this niglet

Wat do now, pls help, my hdd is hooked up like this

>this thread

>average RAZER marketing demographic

You press f12 on the mobo screen on startup, and use your keyboard to select the harddrive as boot device.

try unplugging the powersupply 24pin cable from the motherboard and plug it in tightly. Also make sure your 6/8pin is plugged in at the top of the board

boot into bios should be like f2 or f10, then configure your Hdd

>WD BLUE

>caviar blue for boot drive

i hope its a 7200rpm model

He has a SSD mounted on the case it looks like, albeit in a really fucking weird spot. The whole build looks weird as shit to me, just saying.

this is the best elaborate troll I've seen in a while. His whole computer is fucked up lol... this cant bet serious