All these foolish neckbeard losers talking about "katanas being the superior sword"

All these foolish neckbeard losers talking about "katanas being the superior sword"

heh... what a joke...

Don't these losers know that European swords are of a higher caliber?

Fools... I could break their tiny blades in one stroke.

What do you prefer gentlemen?

katanas are alright

hold on i need to clean up the litter box

Telescopic baton.

Subtle and actualy usefull

not another one of these shitty posts

imagine you had a bionicle with a longsword in 1 hand and a katana in the other.

My little pony?

Sure is samefag in here

I prefer guns.

sorry I can't hear you over me posting a bunch of times in a row

Both were used for different purposes. A European sword, while possible to use it to cut or hack, and usually only the farthest third from the hilt was sharpened. European swords were designed as piercing weapons, at least when we think of a medieval sword (bastard, two handed longsword, arming sword, etc).

The katana was meant to cut, and obviously while it has a sharp point, the curvature of the blade lends itself to producing faster, more powerful cuts.

You also have to keep in mind what the swords were designed to combat, european swords were meant for use against chainmail, leather armour, and sometimes full plate.

The katana was used against clothing, and also armour made of a mixture of some steel, wood, and leather, which is quite different than chainmail or plate.

Apples and oranges really.

Source: Teach western martial weapons history

Yrah for some reason the Japanese thought armor was for dishonorable pussies
Then they invented mechas