Why do we get extremely jealous of a significant other's past relationships when we know our own pasts could be just as...

Why do we get extremely jealous of a significant other's past relationships when we know our own pasts could be just as bad?

Cause the thought of her being filled with dick and emotionally fulfilled with some other dude in the past is maddening.

/Thread

/thread.

well said

What if you break up with her, then have a lot of sex with different girls, so you get at least as much sexual experience as her and then get back together?
Would it help anything? I know someone who's considering this approach.

What do you do to overcome it?

You'll feel terrible and it's not a competition, believe me.

Not bring it up

So just ignore it and take it as flattery that they try to hide it?

Time i guess. If you are still with her five yrs from now you'll feel less jealous. Dunno man. It just took a few yrs in my case and i just tried not to think about it.

How do you know? Maybe not breaking up, but doing this with permission from SO? How about then?

Sack up and get over it. There's no profit in being jealous about the past.

I would only be jealous of a significant other having current relationships. That's why I try to not get emotionally attach to anyone since I know humans tend to fuck you over sooner or later.

I believe in monogamy, but I have cheated and I have felt terrible for doing so later on, cheating didn't make me feel any better, but it did make me feel ever so much more attached and insecure. If she's giving you permission then she will either:
A) Not care about the relationship that much.
or
B) Really care about the individual and want to do anything that will make him/her feel better, even if it hurts them.

or... C) She's into that shit and jackpot... But then again, such serendipity is rare :(

I think it could be the B) case, but who knows, I'm only an observer in this case.
I just don't know if it'd really make that guy stop being hurt over her past sex. Maybe it wouldn't help at all, since it still won't erase what already happened. I don't know.

Then do not worry about her past and try to appreciate the present. I'm OP and I think I feel better already.

lmao did your parents divorce?

But you know OP, you may feel better now, but what if the feels strike again? This may happen, there should be a solution to the problem, not just a temporary trick.

Then I'll realize that shit happens and then we die.

Doesn't sound like a solution to the problem at all, bro