Can any of you regressive idiots explain objectively the "difference' between sex and gender...

Can any of you regressive idiots explain objectively the "difference' between sex and gender? By objectively I mean in a scientific biological point of view. Not some "I am a woman trapped in a man's body" type of bullshit.

>Pro tip: you can't.

i dont agree with it but i studied psyc and anthro and under the social sciences paradigm sex is the biological basis of your reproductive system and chromosome make up XX or XY. gender refers to the male and female conceptions of what it means to be apart of each specified group. gender role ascribe behaviour and characteristics associated with each gender based on patters of social behaviour which evolved along with our society, this new age bull shit is all a misinterpretation of people who took a social sciences class in first year but never learned any more. gender roles just describe the average patters of behaviour for each gender but some people who dont conform with their group so they get all pissy

It's a matter of psychology and biology, not progressiveness.

Sex = What you're born with
Gender = How your brain associates with a subclass

This primarily explains why those who find this so controversial are the same people who have never been involved in a scientific environment.

/thread

>implying gender is a scientific, biological category

Sex and gender are the same thing.

Sex is what plumbing you are born with. Gender is the word that describes it.

There are 2.
Male
Female

Anything else is tumblr-fueled faggot millennial bullshit.

Prove me wrong faggots.
>mfw my gender is attack helicopter

Sex and gender are the same thing. There can be instances of neurological disorders that arise where, do to probably a hormone imbalance during fetal development, a part of the brain may develop towards the incorrect gender. This is what you see in Trannies.

They are born male let's say. But some part of their brain developed in a female way. This leads them to "hate" their body because it seems wrong, and not fit comfortably into the typical gender patterns of behavior.

It is important to remember that these people have a neurological disorder which causes their feelings. Transitioning usually helps them alleviate some of the negative emotions they experience. So them transitioning is fine.

The only problem occurs when they expect society to play make believe with them and let them use women's restrooms/lockerrooms or expect people not to be disgusted by the thought of dating them.

You can say it as many times as you want, but you're still wrong. Psychologists, biologists, and sociologist are on our side. The burden of proof is on you.

/thread

>burden of proof is on me.

Bro, pay attention in English class. No it isnt.

You made the claim that I am wrong. You must therefore prove that your position is correct instead of mine.

>L2LogicalFallacy bitch nigga

The burden of proof is on you because people much more qualified than you disagree. Just like how the burden of proof is on climate change deniers.

I disagree, but only because of the very small chance of being born with both. Other than that... only REALLY 2, with mutations.

Not in all societies. There are plenty with recognized third genders. Sex is biological, gender is social.

sex is your genetic make up XX=female, XY=male. Though, there are also other rarer combinations

gender is what you "identify" with/feel, regardless of your genetic makeup.

There are two sexes, but genders aren't limited by biology. I agree though that the SJW special snowflake crap has gone too far. 150 "confirmed" genders? Bullshit.

They're synonyms. They mean the same thing.

hormone, chromosomes and physiology

All right A-holes lets go ahead re-learn basic 1st grade biology and i shall reveal to you the genders but first here is the definition: the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones). "traditional concepts of gender"
Here are the genders There are only two genders or sexes, male or female, you can add this and that too it, trans, cis, abcess, whatever, it doesn't matter, you are still male or female transitioning or not.

The concept of gender is like sex and physical which is determined by both your chromosomes and genitalia the XY chromosomes mean you are a boy and you have a penis the XX chromosomes mean you are a girl and you have a vagina and that's it. no matter your mentality you are either a boy or girl and this cannot be changed unless all of your chromosomes are changed and your genitalia as-well as your sexual organs are changed and you are producing masculine or feminine ferimones respectively and that is it. all of these conditions must be changed in order for you change your gender. Anology time a transgender bathroom is like making a balloon out of lead

sex - something you dont get
gender - a social construct

3 genders. Male, female, and the fucked up kids who are born with male and female organs.

You mean lucky.

why would you want to be born with both? how could that possibly be lucky?