Hey Sup Forums i did pretty bad in highschool and didnt go to college for 2 years...

Hey Sup Forums i did pretty bad in highschool and didnt go to college for 2 years. I want to start going to college but i am scared it might be too late. I did score high on my act and sat. Now i want to go to college and major in CS. Is there still a way for me to go to college and get a good job?

tldr: I did bad in highschool and is wondering if i can still get into college and or get a good job in Computer Science

Unless you're talking about scholarships, nobody really gives a shit about your high school performance.

It's going to be about recgonizing why you were being a lazy shit in high school and not repeating that for college.

i dropped out of hs, taught myself programming and worked for 5 years as a developer then went to uni and got a bsc compsci major
you can do anything you want

They really dont give a shit about high school performance? I thought that is what they look at for acceptance

If you go to a community college, take full course loads and don't be a lazy faggot. Nothing is more depressing then being endlessly stuck at a cc because of laziness and dropping classes. Get in and get out fast. Take classes every available term including summer. You could have enough units to transfer to a university in a year and a half if you try hard enough.

>community college
why, no one respects that shit, if you're paying cash for a qualification might as well get a proper education while you're at it

At this point they almost wont give two shits about your act/sat. go to a community college and transfer after a year or two. It's what i did.

going bachelors in law enforcement, fuck me right?

yea I was considering transferring as well but wasn't sure if i could. Ty for reassuring me

I went to a community college, got a general associate degree, then I transferred to pitt main and started going for electrical and computer engineering. Now I work on projects with people who go to carnegie mellon, and I'll have a high paying job right out of college.

Fuckin cuck

i am in a similar situation as OP but without the 2 years of not going to college because i am about to graduate high school. Would they care about my tests since it is not 2 years after?

Unless you're talking about some fancy ass privite school or something, they don't really care. You would need fucking terrible grades for them to even notice.

They care about getting your money first.

k, yeah i guess if you cant get accepted straight into a proper uni you need dem credits first

You dont need any test scores to get into cc.

I just finished college. Don't be fooled, college is fundamentally like anything else in the world; everyone is going to tell you you're dumb and you can't do shit, and you have to decide whether you agree or not.
If you want a CS degree, go get it. 90% of your education will be them trying to scare you into quitting after they got your money, and the other 10% is whatever you choose to learn while youre there. High school was babysitting, college is the beginning of no one gaf about you anymore, so go in with your head held high even if you dont feel like it, they'll sense your fear. OWN YOUR SHIT BRUH, you got this

Your meme code makes absolutely no sense and isn't even finished what the fuck who made this garbage?

I will say though, school is significantly harder here than it was at cc. Not even comparable at all whatsoever. It's legitimately 5-10 times the workload.

Given, I'm in a retarded hard field, but it seems to be pretty standard across the board with relative workloads.

u mad the graphic isnt how you would have done it?

some guys dont start until they are jeriatrics do whatever you want depends on how you intend to finance it

i think that was the point. It represents code monkeys

If you're just graduating then yes, they will generally take High school grades as a huge representation of you for about two years. but one year of community college will render your act/sat and high school grades as almost useless because because grades you get in an actual college like setting are more representative of how you would behave academically in their program.

Satanic trips has a point