Really depressed Sup Forums, I'm so tried of being in pain i'm 26 and have serve spinal stenosis.. i cant walk, stand...

Really depressed Sup Forums, I'm so tried of being in pain i'm 26 and have serve spinal stenosis.. i cant walk, stand, sit for more more then short periods of time i have two very small children and i cant help take care of them and now i need surgery i feel like i cant do anything to help my wife and children and if i do the surgery ill be a even bigger burden. starting to think maybe the only thing left is hero.. but i know no one will love my kids as much as me and I'm scared someone will not raise them right I'm so lost...sorry for typos my eyes are watering as i write this.

feels bad but why do you think you are the only one who can raise your children right ?

both my brother and sister have been remarried and Ive seen just first hand how cruel a step parent can be to a child not there own and that scares me i have two little girls and i want them to grow up loved and strong

I would go through with the surgery. My dad has spinal stenosis and after a few surgeries it worked (a few because a doctor fucked up and fled to Canada for one of the first). If your going do the big one, I would do it. My dad doesn't seem to be in as much pain anymore.

There are people in worse situations but still raise their kids and manage. Stop being a bitch and complaining, you can do it

he said he thinks that someone else couldn't raise them right, and that's pretty normal to think for a dad. And for a kid to lose their dad to suicide, it would fucking ruin them.

Drugs?

>if i do the surgery ill be a even bigger burden
wait waht

thank you, i agree maybe i am being a bitch.. its just hard right now... i hate that she has to help me put my socks on, underwear, shoes and i know after the surgery ill need even more help i just hate feeling unless and a burden to her

they help in the sense of pain but not to where i can function and do things.

ill need a lot of help for a while after the surgery, getting dressed, going to the bathroom things like that..

If you're worried about being too much of a burden then why don't you simply look at it from a different perspective. If you get the surgery chances are you'll be better and that means you can "make up" for the time you spent recovering. Just do more for them when you can and show that you appreciate them.

Besides, since you appear to care for your children so much, don't you realise that you taking your life would not only most likely scar them in the long run but also force them to be without a father or a possible shit replacement? Jeez man, get a grip and think about things logically.

and you dont right now?!

at this point she helps me with my socks and shoes and sometimes my helps me put my underwear on mostly on bad days. but i can still shower and use the bathroom my self.

its the pain man its fucking with my head badly! its wearing me down mentally.

So wait, you have a life changing illness that puts you in great amounts of pain and your decision was to try and raise two kids at the age of 26 no less?

You have reasons to live for, realise it and keep repeating it to yourself until you come to accept it.

OP is clearly in a world of shit and I can only sympathise.

One thing I could suggest is learning meditation and mindfulness techniques. They're not some voodoo bullshit, they can really help you to manage the pain, stress and worry.

Do the surgery it's worth it the recovery is very quick believe it or not

Thank you to a lot of your comments Sup Forumsrothers i need to go lay back down but a lot of what i read was positive and well take a lot into consideration.... thank you again

A kid without a dad would devistate them. Think plz Sup Forumsro

A physical therapist will have you take your socks on and off and a few other basic things within a day. The pain will go from a nerve pain(unbearable) to a muscular pain(painful but no where near as bad) as soon as you wake up you feel 2000% better even though you will be in some pain it's weird