Gen X > Gen Y (Millennials)

Gen X > Gen Y (Millennials)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RAV7g1jN130
youtube.com/watch?v=G_rQ6Av0gMY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm gen x, and all the baby boomers thought we were slack, unmotivated, lazy disaffected douchebags who did nothing but do drugs, fuck and get into trouble

Which was largely true. But it's better to say "20 somethings are shitty".

FF to today, we're starting / have started businesses, lived life, etc. And in come the millenials. And we couldn't wait to see what they brought to the table.

So instead of a bunch of rebels, living life, getting in the face of authority etc, you have the biggest group of fucking pussies that's ever existed. Whiny faggots Crying about their feelings. Blue haired, professionally offended people. Do drugs? Maybe, but only if it comes from some pharmacy, and only if it's an anti-depressant, something to deal with ADD or occasionally painkillers, so they can have a nap. Coke? Acid? Shrooms? Forget about it. These pussies are TERRIFIED of life. Constantly jumping at shadows. A bunch of idiots who parroted "stranger danger!" "don't do drugs!" and other childhood platitudes that we had the sense to laugh at when they were shoved on us, but these dips took it to heart, and dragged it into their 20's.

And causes. Holy fuck the never ending list of 'causes' they're all into. The never-ending parade of goody goody bullshit.

And then there's the work ethic. I'm all for slacking, but we understood that when we didn't work, we didn't get raises, promotions, etc. And we were happy with that, till we hit our thirties and we decided it was probably time to get off our ass.

But not millennials. hire them for a job, and watch them spend 6 hours straight fucking around on their phone. At review time, they list off the meager handful of accomplishments they did that year, then you never hear the fucking end of it about how they need recognition for the most pedestrian of accomplishments. They need a hundred likes on every picture they post, no matter what it is, so it stands to reason they need validation for doing their day-to-day work.

How did you type up all that in one minute?

Notepad

Damn nigga

Gen X are the retarded product of the most selfish generation ever

hahaha you're gonna die before I do

And Gen Y are the retarded afterthought of both Boomers and Gen X. On top of that, you're a bunch of whiny pussies.

Not necessarily, you could be stupid and die before I.

Bet I'm only 10 years older than you. Not to mention I'm not a fatass neck beard like you and the rest of your generation, so my chances of reaching 80 or 90 are higher than yours. Have fun with that diabeetus.

Fucking rekt faggot

Gen Y faggots detected

Millennial here. I definitely do drugs, avoid social media, have normal hair blah blah blah. With each generation comes some mainstream group of shitty followers that show the worst of each generation. I figured a lot of us were doing psychedelics though, so dunno.

Gen X fucked up the economy and the earth for gen Y. Thanks for that bros now college is a life sentence of debt for gen Y and climate change is shreking the environment. I would agree that your music is better than ours and my generation is too connected to their phones.

I'm Gen Y and I agree with this

i think what he meant was, why not just put it in the op?

fucking testify, brother

girls that love you and will be with you in any generation, that you agree too. my arms

I'm 18 and do see some truth in here. But is still a haste generalisation. There are plenty people around my age who are decent. There are a few bad apples who stand out, especially since the internet got so big. But I tjink every generation has those.

As far as drugs go, where I live a lot of people my age do drugs, then again I am from the netherlands

Your thinking of Boomers. Gen X haven't been in the workforce long enough.

That was the Baby Boomers you dumb fuck. Obama is a Baby Boomer. Hillary Clinton is a Baby Boomer. Donald Trump is a Baby Boomer, etc.

gen x barely knows how to use computers

At the same time, it's really a matter of what we are show by you, the adults. I know that in the case of gen x, parenting was more of incarceration strategies devised to bring back the "good ol' days" but for a millennial, parenting was seen as either good grooming for life or as something that only puts them down. And I think it's because the gen x parents have made so many mistakes that their over bearing knowledge is actually regressive for millenials.

Good or bad, the millenials are just adapting to all the knowledge at their fingertips. Young minds always over analyze, but it's possible that they simply do what they were taught too by role models with abundant knowledge.

Just a thought

Why do millennials get shit when the boomers are literally the worst generation still alive

Because the short subject did its job.

Your mother, your father, uncle, aunt, etc.

Every generation has been objectively worse than the previous generation, since the beginning of recorded history. Just ask the generation currently in charge and they'll tell you how worthless the younger generation is.

Just so we're all clear, you guys do know Millennial refers to those born after '82, right? Gen Z not included.

Because you're Boomers 2.0.

Millennials are as we were made.

I have no dog in this fight. I'm a millennial, yes, but I'm actively trying to find gainful employment so I can save money, maybe go to college, maybe find work more closely related to the writing/publishing field.

That was English yet made no sense.

nah. baby boomers. huge bulge in population causes all kinds of problems like voting majorities, work force glut, credit abundance and lastly, huge welfare/social services cost when they hit retirement real soon.

gen Y is quite a bit population segment as well. likely gonna cause the same thing.

on another note, when exactly does gen x stop and gen y start? and when is gen y stopping? is gen X growing up in the 90s?

also, i think diversity in music is better now. internet has meant that although audiences have fractured greatly, there is now likely an audience for almost any music genre you can think of. the flip side is that what were once stadium rock type bands are going to have their audiences fractured into smaller interests, meaning there is not likely gonna be heaps more of the huge world famous bands. this makes mainstream record labels go for even safer, more run-of-the-mill artists. genuine artists will now fall off and fall into the hands of special interest record labels; more connected to their respective scenes

i like meow cakes and playing computer games high, ok?

youtube.com/watch?v=RAV7g1jN130

sounds like you're a diamond in the rough. fight the good fight, bro.

That wall outlet is a disgusting hazard.

this is me:
born in 1981, so not really

They haven't been around long enough to make that evident.

Last time I checked, all this participation award 'you can do anything' shit comes from the parents of millennials brainwashing them to be garbage as children and enabling their shittyness as adolescents

Millennialis were raised by boomers, why do you expect them to be any better than them?

I'm trying, but when you put five hundred applications in around your local area over six months and get a few interviews, call backs and nothing comes of it, you still try hard yes, but it starts to weigh on you.

Gen X is largely accepted as those born from1965ish o 1980ish, while Yers were being from 81 to 2000. Z are still being born. Most Xers on here were born on the mid to late 70s and were teens in the 90s.

You're a cusper

What year of birth would Sup Forums consider a millenial? I was born in '97 and I'm trying to start my own business from the ground up because I want to have an enjoyable future.

You're a respectable millennial.

Kek

You essentially said exactly what I did, but with more words while implying that you disagreed.

You're a delusional millennial

See

All the generations are just jealous we made the m e m e s

So you're saying that basically because your generation had absolutely no sense of direction and were the product of crack addicted parents that our generation of beautiful, open-minded, "youthful" >Youthful " kids are pussies. Dude you guys thought Fresh was a cool word. High top shoes, Hip hop, High top fades GAYYY

youtube.com/watch?v=G_rQ6Av0gMY

hahahah the waters not even clean and cannabis is illegal and the 2 are related and u think ur first world HAHAHAHAHAHA retard dystopia.alduoushuxleybravenewworldrevisited

top kek good meme GREAT MEME so much done so much progress... progress..

>progress

>JUDEN..
grumblw grumble rolls over in sleep..

>juden...

>mum pats him back to sleep..

>juden.. jude.. zzZzz...

Dude, memes are Gen X.

Your post was an incoherent string of rambling, whining faggotry.

shutup you autistic retard.

literally grows on trees 10 dollar bill up to 1910 was printed on hemp.

decleration of independance founded on hemp paper.

fought a war against our fathers over this shit.

retarded

No you idiot you spouted a bullshit generalization

I'm reminding you that they aren't old enough to really fuck anything up yet

And while we see the storm coming, I want to make the point that boomers got us here, and millennials might be upstanding people, especially if the boomers didn't fuck EVERYTHING up

Thank you for this. It's the most concise description on the generational differences that I've seen.

My old man told me about you cunts, you're so full of shit I bet your eyes are fucking brown. Piss off with your horse shit.

Gen X built the internet we know today, educate yourself you blithering idiot.

I'm fairly certain gen Z will be the worst generation. We are gunna have to deal with cunts who don't know how to live without technology. We can all know the worst has yet to come.

Woopdy wop faggot. Not like any of us has a choice in when we're born. Bragging about this is as retarded as bragging about being the smartest kid with down syndrome.

The butthurt is strong in this one. I could almost hear the intensity with which you typed that response. Keep the passion alive!

>blames millenials
>raised millenials

K

What the hell are you trying to prove with this garbage blather?

See this post:

>complaining about a prevoius generation
You do understand that every "generation" is shit. People are garbage, and they always will be. And each generation will say they same thing.
>b-but if we didnt do this then what would the next generation of kids face?
>We wanted to make the world a better place.

Cry baby, cry some more. Cryyyyyyy!

hahahahah some other beatnick schizophrenic steps in. stop stalking me. ill kill you in the street. ur a banned and wanted criminal im not surprised for a second u ended up on this cesspool of schizophrenic retardation of island australia fucking losers how disgusting what an embarressing joke cant go for a fucking jog around the block or to the grocery store without you fucking retarded autistic losers pulling drive bys

gang stlaking hey guess what its ilelgal if i murder u its in self defence and provocation i get manslaughter AND THATS MAX

What are you on about, you started a thread to have a sook about some perceived wrong done by cunts you don't even know. Have a cry ya fucking wuss or maybe have a teaspoon of cement.

How could I have raised a millennial posting on Sup Forums? I'm 37, and my kid is Gen Z. What year were your parents born, Cletus?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET

>Established: 1969; 47 years ago

Its close but I'm almost positive gen x would have been to late for memes considering the best ones came up around 2006. The earliest gen y would be 25.

Your anus must be throbbing.

I'm speechless at the level of stupid being presented here, whether true or not.

ITT

don't trust anyone under 30, they're all over conditioned, mindless spergtards.

>schizophrenic
Dude you're projecting methinks

What part of "we know today" did you not understand?

I was 27 in 06 and definitely partook in memes.

"i want attention and flag myself in with their lot"

good riddens

Hell yeah, brother!

cowabunga man free radicals

???
I smoke as well but do any of those things mean weed is suddenly good?

Not op

I was born in 1990. But my parents were like 50 at the time. Looks like I'm on the cusp of y and z but raised by boomers

You genuinely seem upset. I apologize for offending you, and I promise to use your preferred pronouns so as to avoid future transgressions. What do you prefer, Xe?

I guess if you're a luddite Gen X who's coasted through life you'd probably think that dial-up was when the internet started.

ITT

>You rage you lose

You lot say sorry a lot don't you, you apologized to the coons and poofs and now you're apologizing to me for nothing. I swear you're entire Generation should've been gassed like the kikes you are.

lol its adorable how children all compete with each other over who's daddy's favorite.

Don't worry kids, adults hate you all equally.

Sarcasm apparently is beyond your grasp.

I just read this in a chat cockney accent. Thanks for the entertainment.

*Chav

Not being a poofter chook is apparently beyond yours.

Lel

That's really sad, considering that it probably wasn't directed at your age group. I don't think your generation started the culture though.

Are you sweating right now? You seem angry enough to have broken a sweat, fat boy.

I'm 30 and have had a mortgage for 10 years. I've paid off my car, and got the mortgage down to 30% of its value (70% of the property value in equity). I'm married, and have a kid on the way with my wife. I work from home 2 days a week for flexibility with study. I'm happy.

If I were a baby boomer I'd have a tiny mortgage. I wouldn't have studied because books are for faggots. I'd do the same job for 40 years, and then die of hear-attack 5 years into my retirement. Yay, march towards death by diabetes.

If I were Gen-X I'd have a huge mortgage, be divorced, and mope around listening to The Smiths (on vinyl) and bemoaning how my degree from the 80s should mean I should be an executive by now, even though I have no communication skills. I wouldn't understand these young kids and their propensity to be flexible in their approach to life, and therefore label them lazy. Yay, march towards being a bitter old person.

So? You old faggot gen x niggers should go play shuffleboard and listen to House Music while you reminisce over 1999 you queer!

Of course it was part of my age group, dumbass. Just wait a few more years when some full of shit Gen Z faggot feeds you the same line of bullshit.

What are you to poor to afford aircon? Did all the Gen X jews take all your money? Jesus christ.