What's the media coverage of both Copa America and Euro 2016 in your country?

What's the media coverage of both Copa America and Euro 2016 in your country?

Here it's only Euro. Not a single word anywhere about the Copa... I wouldn't know it's happening without Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/business-23288211
globoesporte.globo.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Hsq843vgEmY]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's the media coverage of both Copa America and Euro 2016 in your country?

I dont know. I only watch TV at the bar when a game is on & I don't listen to the radio or read the newspaper.

I only see it being played on univision.

Luckily I know spanish

euro who?

Major media never covers soccer unless it's the world cup or Leicester winning.

As for sports media, ESPN is pushing the Euros because they're broadcasting it and FOX is pushing Copa because they're broadcasting it. Sports sections of major national newspapers cover the USMNT and the "stories" behind the euros (in this case the violence, Northern Ireland victory, Spain going for three in a row, etc.

It's on Fox Sports 1. I don't know if you get that channel though

I have no idea, I don't watch the news or anything. I just get my info online and then watch the games. I assume the only thing being mentioned is the US team in the Copa though

dude have you heard the univision broadcast? it's so much better you don't even have to know spanish

English casters:
>"Ok heres the shot"
>"Well looks like he made it"

Spanish Casters:
>"AQUI VIENIE EL TIRO!"
>"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL"

that was posted in another thread

media coverage in last few years has been comprehensive here but our analysts are shit

a far cry from the blackout days of the last 3 decades where occasional replays of massive games would air at 3am on some obscure satellite station.

dude even when I was in college it was really hard to learn about CONCACAF champions league games or FMF games
ESPN FC and the huge new popularity of champions league has helped make the sport easier to follow

Only the sports channels cover them (ESPN and Univision).

The rest of the TV couldnt give less of a fuck except for 30 second blurbs at the end of a newscast.

The local newspaper usually dedicates a page to soccer but for the most part its boreball, racket scream, apehoop, handegg or asscar.

I don't see the point in watching a Spanish broadcast if it's jus noise to me. I could piece together what they're saying somewhat because I know a little bit of Spanish, but I don't see the point. I don't really care about the commentary anyways, but at least if something interesting is somehow said during the English one I'd understand it

Also I get FS1 in HD but I don't get Mexivision in HD, so I wouldn't watch it anyways

In Brazil they broadcast Eurocopa through open signal via Bandeirantes, you need to pay to watch Copa America through SportTv.

then stream on univision.com/deportes it's almost real-time

A good commentator can make a big difference in a game, Normally i'd say watch it in your language, but murrikan's suck so much that you are actually better off watching the mexicans even if you don't understand, it's not like the retards they have commentating the match in english know more than you do about futbol.

ESPN mentions the US involvement/results/fixtures during the euro matches and post matches here and there. Beyond that, I dunno. But I don't exactly watch the news or read a newspaper anymore so I couldn't say if it's being talked about. If >we beat Argentina/Messi, there will be attention. More attention than winning the entire thing, maybe.

I wish you had watched the Mexican broadcast of the USA v Ghana game it was fucking awesome the broadcasters were saying shit like "man that save play was great! I'd let him marry my sister" and occasionally busting out hilarious phrases in broken english like "YOU WANT TO BE THE MAN YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN"

Here it's impossible to ignore there's the Euro going on.

>TV news are full OMG IT'S THE EURO mode, night and day
>after the evening game: endless shows about the Euro, on several channels
>all newspapers make headlines for the NT
>a ton of ads about football, the Euro, etc.
>there are NT players on Coca-Cola cans, etc.
>bonus: as it's in France, there are supporters everywhere (I even saw two little girls with the Iceland NT jersey on the French Riviera the other day)

that American & Scottish duo are quite amusing with all the unneccesary metaphors and the MESSI MESSI MESSI dickriding

ESPN is intentionally not following the tournament because they have to keep focus on their own broadcasting rights
kinda ruins the integrity of a news organization but who are we kidding: it's a media company and they have to protect their interests

Show pics of Coca Cola cans pls

>need to pay to watch Copa America

Ugly. At some point, it will happen for the World Cup... and the game may start its long agony from there.

when I first started following soccer EPL games were only availble on pay-per-view

>Euros from 9am to 5pm on ESPN
>Copa anywhere after 6pm on Fox Sports
>tfw I don't give a shit about soccer and get better coverage than yuropoors and spics

I was lucky to grow up in a hispanic household where we would watch the news in spanish and they would cover games and show replays but it was almost unheard of in the english media. In fact I think the first real soccer game I saw on regular network TV (besides WC 94), was USMNT world cup games in 2002 and the final.

wtf mexicans can just switch from TV Azteca to Univision both channels only require a cable antenna if you're in a border city

FIFA are trying as hard as they can
bbc.co.uk/news/business-23288211

it's a comfy feel for those of us who do like it though

I have my choice of Spanish or English for both Copa America and the Euros

Google "Coca-Cola équipe de France" for more.

I saw cans with Valbuena and Varane who didn't make it in the final team, that's a bit cuck.

Copa gets covered here on Fox Sports and on Univision.

Euros get covered on ESPN.

The only thing is that they're both not advertised very much, so not many people know or give a fuck.

well I grew up in a border town and in ~2005 all of the fresas started getting into soccer again; I think it was the U17 world cup win over brazil that sparked the resurgence in popularity
then Houston Dynamo was founded and they were good so it was easy to get into
fuck and then I started watching Eto'o and Ronaldinho when they were with Barcelona.....fuck they were so good =((((((((((((((((((((((((((

...In the News the main brazilian coverage right now is about our national league: Campeonato Brasileiro (Brazilian Championship), or just "Brasileirão" (Great Brazilian). Sometimes they comment something about euro and copa, just to keep us updated.

Oh thanks. Pretty nice. Wish they'd do that in the states. For some reason I was expecting stylized illustrated portraits.

coca cola is gonna probably roll out a huge campaign when the Olympics starts that's their biggest sponsorship

There are illustrated (semi-illustrated?) portraits on the bottles, though. Interesting design.

I dont know if its nostalgia or what but that era was fucking awesome. So many good players in so many clubs and national teams.

Of course the sporting capital of the world, the USA airs EVERYTHING

REEEEE FIFA WHAT ARE YOU DOING

They already killed the Champions League for me, 15 years ago you had it on free TV for the Wednesday games (if I remember well). Now only the final is free.

That's really dope

Cool, hope they put some athletes on there and not just a generalized USA thing. But who am I kidding, I'd probably buy some either way. Bought some of those America Budweiser cans because >>gud consumer

They just show the Euro goals, all the other football stuff is Copa related.

It's basically the same here, the sports channels talking ALL DAY about the same shit over and over and over again.It gets boring, especially on match days where you get a 10 hour pregame show with journalists who don't know shit about football, and a lot of drunken fan interviews.

Oh and DirecTV owns the TV rights for the euros, those who don't have directv only get to watch the last game (those are 16.00 here so I guess it's 19.00 in France?) in some obscure channel with shitty image quality and awful commentators

I don't mean you have to pay like payperview, I mean you have to pay the package of sport channels. You know, like sky?!

Our main sport news agency: globoesporte.globo.com/

It's only mentioned in the sport channels or sport columns. We don't have any products related selling in the stores.

can't you just stream everything?

Good luck tomorrow, Tex

Both of them get lots of attention.
Copa america more due to the fact that mexico is playing in it.

>It's basically the same here, the sports channels talking ALL DAY about the same shit over and over and over again.It gets boring, especially on match days where you get a 10 hour pregame show with journalists who don't know shit about football, and a lot of drunken fan interviews.

Pretty much the same over here

Not much. Soccer is just used for filler here in between baseball and basketball highlights and discussion.

thx :3
good luck against Messi too.

>I only watch the sports channels
>just kinda leave the tv on while I'm studying
>hear that fucking pitbull song over and over and over and over
>can't get it off my head
>when I go to bed and close my eyes all I can hear is that god awful song
I want to get off this ride

WE WILL BE SUPERSTARS

wow fuck living in argentina
my dad pays for Time Warner
my mom pays for Xfinity
I have both passwords and stream everything I want for free lol

Yes, the Euro's signal is open. But not the Copa America's one.

no like
on youtube
along with like 200,000 other people who are watching it

Its nice.
NEET during summer is looking nice
Wake up to Euro coverage on ESPN. Sometimes 830 games. If not the 12 and 3pm games work. Then around 8pm its Copa America coverage on FS1. If I had to guess, I'd say its more Copa heavy because muh USA.

Haha it's so bad. The euro song has grown on me and I dig it now.

>my dad pays for Time Warner
>my mom pays for Xfinity

Reported for underage ban

>10 hour pregame show with journalists who don't know shit about football

We've got the same here, with all kinds of journalists:

>50-year-old guy from Southern France that has some good banter
>random hot girl
>edgy Arab with strong opinions
>token ex-world champion from 1998 (today it was literally Lionel Charbonnier, third goalkeeper in 1998, only played once in his life for France)
>obese guy who kicked a ball once in the eighties
>78-year-old retired journalist who just wants to drop a truth bomb

Hilarious but boring desu

Oh I see. Yes I could, but that's crime. Even though I think a few people prefer to record the match and to upload that after the game. Streaming live over here is usually done with the matches of the second division of our national league, because they are payperview or region limited.

I'm 27 but fuck paying for cable

I saw a bunch of hipster fans today watching spain play terrorist

shieeet same
>70-something journalist who only likes "muh beautiful football" and screams all day
>a bunch of fat fuckers who never kicked a ball in their lives
>some young guys who actually know their shit
>ex players who can barely speak, some obscure and a few known ones

same thing with the EPL, they cover every game in America while Britcucks sometimes have to stream most of theirs

Both are pretty good.

>...who don't know shit about football...

Kek, I think there's no such a human being like that in Brazil. We don't like Galvão Bueno, but it's just because he speaks too much.

YOU AND I

I mean they pretend they know, but outside our league they are oblivious.
Yesterday they were saying hurrr Gaitan can't play on the left wing! he's not comfortable there!, and he's been playing in the left for Benfica since ages

I hate ESPN here

At least murrica gets some variety. For us it's 90% divegrass, to the point to where they have to show goals from reserves team matches (shit that no one other than the close relatives of players cares about)

At least Muni Seligmann gets to be on TV with that ESPN redes show

Sounds familiar to me!

Here's one of our "experts". The guy has 1.5 million followers on Twitter...

I see.

Hey, I heard that it's common to use swear words in other countries of South America when narrating. Is that true? [source: youtube.com/watch?v=Hsq843vgEmY]
Brazilians never use bad language.

I really want a Griezmann one.

damn I'm mirin that 2nd chin

Literally nothing about either of them. Barely anyone even knows they're occuring.

Copa CocaCola don't even need media coverage we all know it is superior to boring euro which is overrated and can't handle banter

As a neutral, I have to admit that the Copa is a lot more entertaining.
I mean last night alone was better than every Euro game I've seen.

seriously fuck recondo, i hate that fat faggot

Honestly don't know. Sports media here (read: ESPN) blows as does divegrass so I don't seek out news on either on my own. Everything I know I know through threads on Sup Forums before hiding them.

Both are covered but people care more about the euro

>ESPN

what are you doing nigga? they haven't reported on sports in the last 20 years or so

Same. I don't interested in Copa 2bh even on Sup Forums. That's kinda fufu lame shit.

I guess I want being clear enough. I don't watch E!SPN unless it's MNF.

I enjoy the Euro more because I see a lot more techniques being applied and it's possible to learn a lot more, there's a lot more team work too. In the Copa there's way more individualism and strong kicks without purpose.

People can say that I'm butthurt with Brazil's elimination, but nobody said that you're butthurt with Netherlands not being classified... so I'm giving it a try.

Last games start at 21:00 hrs.

We get to watch 1 game per day on open tv (Telecinco) and all of Spain's games.

The two major public state channels broadcast all the matches, both for two days straight (I guess) while the other sticks with its usual programme. If it's a certain channel's turn to broadcast it, you get background stories to everything, tactical analyses, stuff about the German team and ofc the matches themselves. Occasionally, they send a shorter version of their news programme. So basically nothing else than footy all day.

It's all about the Euros though. I wouldn't know the Copa America would exist if it wasn't for you guys.

Remember when the US saved Mexico from not going to the world cup?

I remember the mexican announcer going "I love you usa forever and ever" and then shittalking the Mexican team. It was great.

Pretty much same as your coverage my baguette making friend

Foul for all the shit that CONCACAF games get they're so fucking entertaining to watch. Yeah the players techniques fucking blow but so much passion builds up it always ends up being hilarious

Sadly they only commentate on beIN Sports. One of the best duos IMO in terms of entertainment

>I'LL NEVER GET A GIROUD OR QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII COCA COLA CAN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK OFF FROGS.

>tfw nothing to do for the next few days
>probably just spend the nights watching the last few CA matches

feels good man

Same. I guess it's too late for everyone and with the euros there is no need for the sports channels to talk about it.

>sporting capital of the world
Just stop, you're making me go red for you!

whats the point of hiding the thread after you read the entire thing?

This is an incredibly comfy summer of international soccer for Americans.

>Euros in the morning and afternoon
>Copa in the evening
>Team USA through to the semi-finals as the host nation

Honestly lads I feel sorry for all Euros who are missing out on all the dank Copa America memes.

I'm surprised the Copa doesn't get at least a little bit of mention in Germany, with Klinnsmann and the German-Americans on the US team doing well.

Yeah same. I haven't heard anyone say a word about Copa.

Not a single word. The last time I heard about Klinsmann was when historic footage was shown somewhere that showed him back in the days when he still played. I think I didn't hear about the US Mutant Ninja Turtles and their coach since they had been kicked out of the World Cup by Memegium two years ago.

John Brooks has been elite in defense for >us, easily our best player with Dempsey. Jermaine Jones has done well too except for a red card he got last match. If you're a Hamburg fan, they just signed our best young striker. Klinsmann was on the hot seat after some mediocre qualifying results, but he is much more secure now. Pulisic in on the squad but hasn't played yet.

Please subscribe to my blog.

John Brooks and Dempsey have been carrying the team.

Both are GOATing it up. Youre righte about jj too. I hope we can beat Argentina without him but its a longshot..

I'd honestly be satisfied with dignified defeat.

The one advantage we will have is no one expects us to win and we've already advanced about as far as we could reasonably expect, so that means no pressure.

I get all my sport news from Sup Forums desu

I wake up at noon so I didn't know until the england-wales game that they were only broadcasting the 1pm games of the euros, I had to look for a stream and missed the first 15 minutes

On the mainstream channels/outlets: a small amount of coverage of Euro, mostly of the hooliganism. None on Copa America