Who else thinks Game of Thrones is an overrated TV Show?

Who else thinks Game of Thrones is an overrated TV Show?
I watched a few of the recent episodes, seems like a Adult Soap with shitty fight scenes. Can't believe so many people worship it.

Everything that has ever been popular is overrated. Nothing is as good as its hardcore die hard fans make it out to be

That's true, but the amount of hype everyone gives it on social media it ridiculous. Considering how the show actually is. I mean, the story seems decent, but the actual performance is pretty bad.. Seems like it would have been much better left on book than ported to TV.

Read the books if you want to enjoy GoT. The show us for normie casual fagets with simple minds.

Show is shite. Mildly entertaining at times, at best.

First three seasons were average at best, after that it became more and more Soap. The thing is user, people live fads like they're oxygen and there's a lot of borderline normies who think they are edgy so they go liking a medieval fantasy series to appear sophisticated. There's even fuckers who read books after watching a series or movie and say they read the book first just to magically increase their edginess level.

What's worse is the way people completely overreact. That Hodor shit was rubbish. You could see that death from a mile away.

Yes. To be honest they exaggerate almost everything, hell exaggeration is the pinnacle of modern mainstream media.

Just because its popular and you don't like it, doesn't mean its overrated.

It's basically Dr Who for teenagers.

That is true 100%, however in this case it is very overrated.

It's not even the death. Its what his destiny and name holds up to, which is hold the door.
Of course his death was obvious lol its fucking George RR Martin.

never watched it, I thought it was popular because there is fuck all else to watch out there.

Yes, he says he does it supposedly so that we remain knowing that anyone can die at anytime and so maintain interest and stuff. However, it has come to the point where instead of keeping me interested I just don't care who dies at this point I just want the fucker to end the fucking "trilogy".

I understand that, fully. Just judging it on a quality standpoint, i really think that everyone over estimates what the show really performs like. When i watched the fight scene 2-3 ep's ago when they flashed back to that kids dad, the whole scene was so predictable, overused and just felt so stock standard Hercules (old B grade tv show) quality fighting.

Even Arya's scene getting her sight back. That whole sequence has been done over and over in so many TV shows/Movies. Someone does something wrong so they have to train hard to get what they had back. It's nearly as bad as every super hero revenge movie, it's all so dated and overused.

Try Breaking Bad, that is just another level man. One of the best TV shows by far

>Even Arya's scene getting her sight back. That whole sequence has been done over and over in so many TV shows/Movies.

I agree too that in some points of the show, it copies elements of typical story plots, but that doesn't bother me if the storyline is interesting. There's only so much they can do in a show to make it entertaining. If Im gonna compare and contrast then of course book>show.

implying Dr who is for adults welp

who is this goddess OP?

where can I find her?

Seasons 1 - 3 were Elder God-tier as fuck. Everything since has been a massive disappointment.

I was actually implying it was for children.

It's got sex! And nudity! And violence! And... and... not much else really.

Yeah, for sure man. Probably my favorite TV show of all time. GoT pales in comparison.

watched show, favorite character is in danger. it's okay he will live.

Watches GoT, favorite character is in danger. oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

Holy shit OP thank you! I thought I was the only one. GoT is a fucking soap opera, I couldn't even get past the first episode the shit is so boring.

i literally have never seen a full episode of it. I generally hate fantasy/medieval/knightsandswords themed shit.

Mmm, i guess that's understandable. I honestly just hate the fact that everyone is throwing this show in my face, going on how good it is when from my point of view (judging purely on quality with an unbiased opinion) it really disappoints in performance. As i've mentioned before, the story is decent and it would have to be a much more enjoyable experience reading rather than the poor effort they made to re-create it from the latest episodes i've watched.

My nigga

its okay to not like something, but to wonder why the world doesnt share your opinions is fucking retarded.
just watch something you like.

10/10 bait thread

checked ma nogga

Sauce please.

You misunderstood me. I'm basing it off a quality standpoint. The show really does not perform well, the fight scenes are honestly really bad and the majority of the show can be easily compared to an Adult soap.

I personally don't mind the story, i just think that the TV adaption was just a money grab that then only put as much effort as needed rather than trying to depict it with a quality performance.

Trying to find guys, give me a bit of time.

Couldn't agree more man. It's good that someone shared my opinion, i felt like i was the only one nearly, lol.

Everything is a money grab to be honest.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's all drama, the story is meh and the acting average, the sex scenes seem forced in because it sells. At least props and mask are really good, but that's really it. In the end the drama kills it for me, it's more like Grey's Anatomy than Lord of the Rings.

>edginess is the reason faggots like or pretend to like the show
I really think you have a point.

On average its an 8. Maybe higher. For the sake of my gauge of television, I like it better than breaking bad, and I couldn't get into walking dead.

/thread

>and I couldn't get into walking dead
Walking Dead is on par with GoT when it comes to drama, the only difference is that the average IQ of the Walking Dead characters is like 20.

they are southerners

it moves too slowly. i'll give you that. There are too many plot lines. Too many samey characters. It should be the dragon lady vs all the wanna-be kings, and thats it. No fucking ice monsters, no death cults, no kidnapped princesses, no weiners. Keep it simple. Move the plot along.

>show is a 10 in the eyes of the mainstream
>realistically a 7.5/8
>act as though it's a 4 to be trendy with the counterculture

pretty typical

I think it's better than alot of the turds on TV.
Agreed.
>hype
>social media
Social media is all hype.
>better left on book than ported to TV
Agreed.
>Breaking Bad
overrated
>average IQ of the Walking Dead characters is like 20.
So much this.

Lana Ivans is the source of the gif.

Yeah, i can certainly agree with that.

Yeah, i only enjoyed the 1st season of the walking dead. The rest just turned to a boring soap.

It hooked everyone because of the zombie hype when it peaked, so they just stretched the fuck out of the show to try and make you care about the characters and used the zombie theme as a secondary attraction. Surprisingly everyone fanboy'd over it and it worked. But i was out after season 1.

I like the show and watch it, think it's even the best show on tv atm, but I agree it's horribly overrated. People were initially drawn to the shows penchant of killing off beloved characters to shock the audience. But now we're numb to the shock, it has become predictable. The major plot twist, r+l=j, has already been figured out, again, predictable. And that really is the epitaph of the show, it was new and fresh in season 1, but after 6 seasons, we've all figured it out.

I watched the whole entire first season cause my gf was into it and I honestly thought it was pretty sub par. It was just edgy writing mixed with nudity and shock factor. I didn't find any of the characters or their motives interesting.

>edgy writing mixed with nudity and shock factor
Absolutely on spot.

sauce pls

seasons 1-3, god tier. Just perfect political drama
now all the political drama has been replaced with heightened extremes, overuse of magic, with seemingly no bounds or limits
I mean.. just... okay so like, if, for ten years you say "you can't bring people back to life, magic can't do that" then after ten years, you bring someone back to life, that's interesting, there's significance
but then if instead, you said "you can't bring people back to life" and that day, you brought someone back to life
then said "you can't shoot fire out of the sky" then that day, you shot fire out of the sky
then said "you can't cure this disease"
then that day you cured that disease
then said "you can't kill white walkers"
then killed a white walker
then said "you can't trust wildlings"
then make a character trust wildlings
then said "you can't tame a dragon"
then make a character tame a dragon
then said
and so on
and so on
and eventually, instead of a few characters playing chess with each other, you have a guy who chops dicks off and kills his father, and another guy killing his brother, and just.. "you have to stay here" then you kill everyone who told you you had to stay, and just automatically become queen
and it's just
why even care anymore
it was "these characters and so complex, and the story moves according to the conflict of their motivations
and now it's "these characters are tropes to move the story in a predictable way"
who cares?

>I hate everything popular because it's popular because I'm hipster trash

I get why its popular I just wish people weren't such dick heads when they find out you don't watch shows like that.

Please this Game Of Thrones is so extremly lame!!
People OPEN YOUR EYES, it's Sex and the City but then medieval.... I mean come on, all they do is: Talk, Fuck, and occasionally fight.

its like, before it was a well written show that happened to be shocking
characters happened to say something badass when making a point
now it's "look at this, isn't this shocking?"
and scenes are written around trying to get a character to looking bad ass, and nothing else
nothing about the rest of the scene matters
it's just a lazy set up to a punchline
and good scenes aren't just set ups to punchline
the whole scene is supposed to be the scene

It's never been characters playing chess together. It's one character playing sci-fi-fantasy magic chest to stop the apocalypse. Always has been that way.

it's.. all subtly is completely gone

I was a big fan until this season.

I watched the first episode and immediately dismissed the show, like a used tissue.

Literally Revenge: The Show.

They really got lost with the plots but I heard they are trying to consolidate them now.

>better left on book than ported to TV
How can that EVER be relevant in ANY case ?
You prefer the book, read the goddamn books. Having it on TV wont ruin your experience reading the fucking books, while those enjoying the show will just enjoy the show and being a jackass trying to show how his opinion is better than everyone else's, alright ?
>The story seems decent but the performance is bad
Dude I mean it may be overrated (simply because nothing deserves that much hype), but the story is not "decent". It's pretty good, considering how many incoherence there could ever be and it's well thought enough for not having too much at least. Also, no, the performance is not bad, you're just being an attention whore right now, which is why I shouldnt be responding in the first place.

does sucking on your own tits actually feel good?

All siblings/storylines are getting more woven together.
Sansa and Jon are back together, Yara and Theon are back together, Dany is headed back to Meereen, Brienne and Pod are with Jon and Sansa.
They have to start consolidating, because the end of the series is coming up pretty soon. They've done a good job of it so far IMO.

like, look at little finger
season 1-3
slimy, but shadowy
you couldn't quite tell where he stood
now, season 6, it's like every moment is a glaring "LOOK HOW EVIL LITTLE FINGER IS. LOOK HOW EVIL LITTLE FINGER IS. HE IS EVIL GUYS. LOOK. SUPER EVIL."

Now you're the one being fucking edgy.
You're all looking pathetic, criticizing every bit of it trying to brag about your Unpopular Opinions on an anonymous board, and yet you're watching it.
You're liking it like everyone cause it's well made, we can agree it's not that fantastic as their audience think it is but thats a good fucking show and you're just reluctant to look like a normie, yet you just are.

>it's Sex and the City but then medieval
Accurate.

Cool story bro.

Littlefinger has only been in two scenes this season, so not sure where this is coming from.
One of them, he manipulates that Arryn kid to take control of the Vale's army to help Sansa.
Then, Sansa turns down his request to come back and help. Basically, someone survived one of his tricks, and isn't gonna be fooled again.
Not sure how that points to him being evil at all. He's doing the same shit, people are just getting tired of it.
>character progression

>the overused argument
So if GoT were the first ones to do all of this, that would be a good show ?
That doesnt have any sense. You cant objectively judge something's quality by the frequence it is used. You can dislike it for it, but not judge its quality.

They could also say that white walkers are alien trying to invade the world and the multiface god is m00t trying to kill everyone. That would be original, but shitty.

>Accurate
never watched the show confirmed

I find it relevant because of what i saw out of the episodes i watched was honestly poor quality fighting and average cinematography. I believe there's a lot more to enjoy by reading the book, as i've said previously; i feel like they've just done what the should have in terms of quality, not what the book deserves.

I just wanted a discussion, i'm happy to listen to everyone's opinion. I personally don't think it's any where near as good as everyone says it is, and that's being generous and understanding the buffer of 'nothing is as good as it's hyped to be'.

Don't try dude, you're just going to be told this is overrated because Sup Forums doesnt like what others do.

It used to be better

>poor effort
Yeah you're just being ignorant and irrelevant, or totally delusive.

What are you doing on Sup Forums? It completely eludes any logical thinking. GTFO.

Ramsey and the sand snakes
cheesy as fuck
so one dimensional it's like they're not even there

this

Game of Thrones is the retarded edgelord son of Lord of The Rings.

Indiana Jones. Arguably one of the greatest movie characters of all time.
Completely one dimensional.
Shit argument.

Why are you discussing on a board just for the sake of (looking like ;) ) ignoring people ?

I can understand that. But i was more so meaning; i felt like they couldn't create a better way of doing it so they defaulted to the stock standard training-loyalty and reward writing scheme. At least they had the decency to make it fairly brief, i think that's where they acknowledged that they knew it could have been done better.

I watched the first 2 seasons and didn't like it. I think my hatred for it was because people talked so much about it even though it's average at best.

To coax people into asking rhetorical questions like yours just now.

I agree it's all be done before, kind of lameballs. It's basically LOTR meets HBO's Rome.

I'm just expressing my thoughts man. I'm happy to hear what you have to say about my comment, explain to me why you think i'm being ignorant, ect.. I]'m looking for a proper discussion and that's what i'm getting for the most part.

I like GoT, but as they kill off more characters that are interesting and leave fan favourites alive to progress to plot, I just feel less inclined to watch. At this point if Littlefinger dies I'm stopping watching.
This, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, The Wire and The Sopranos are the true gods of modern TV

Except that it is more than loyalty. It is serving the good, and for that you need your sight. It's only logical in the sense that they would be punishing just for the sake of the punishment, and giving her her sight back is also proving the god is real. There are a lot of good reasons for using that, and letting one of your servant blind while you need him is stupid. Sometimes things are just simple.

Somewhat rare here, tis a good thing to see

> I think my hatred for it was because people talked so much about it even though it's average at best.
That's literally the only problem of this show.

>average at best
opinion

I'm sure your life smells better now, doesnt it ?
Also it was not rhetorical since your answer was not the one I expected. Hah, gotcha, im th b3st trulzz lelelekekeke

gtfo, GoT is the best of TV ever

v see v

You're way off man. I made the thread to hear everyone's point of view, if they agreed or disagreed and why. I just made my opinion pretty blatant in the thread title.

I couldn't watch the first episode without being bored to shit after 10 minutes in. I tried again this season but it did that same unfortunately.

If i was looking for attention i would be on that toxic reddit site bragging about my opinions with like minded people and getting my dick sucked with stars or whatever bullshit they use. I'd much rather post on here without all that reputation shit that every user has.

Hey OP, I like you

GoT is better for binge watching honestly.

wow I did it dad!

this

Thanks for that. That has changed my perception on that scene, i guess i just didn't think enough into it.

But for the most part, i was criticizing the actual performance, not so much the writing, and what you've explained is the writing part. I still stand by my opinion as the show being poorly performed on TV.

yes it's crap

Well you're not getting a good opinion on here, cause everyone here are sad people counter hyping everything, and I'm absolutely convinced that the majority of people disliking it are just hating on the overrating. Which is something I understand but find absolutely stupid, since anticonformism is just an other form of conformism.

Anyway, props for openmindedness and respect ; I was just vehemently and vainly fighting the irrelevance of this board as always, but it wasn't your case.

JUST GIB SAUCE JESUS PLS