Okay so here's the deal Sup Forumsro's, I'm looking for a board I can get around town/college campus easily with...

Okay so here's the deal Sup Forumsro's, I'm looking for a board I can get around town/college campus easily with. I'm a pretty new rider and was looking to get something maybe like a longboard for the balance, hills, and rough streets and bike paths, but I've heard the 27" Penny boards or Penny Longboards are good too, as well as Landyachtz. I've heard Sector 9 are the best longboards, ect.

I'm about 6"2, 230lbs, and relatively average/bulky build according to my friends.

What would be the best for me? I'm hoping to head to the skate shop tomorrow or order something online. Help me out with suggestions and discussions please.

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/search?q=cruiser skateboard&ref=auto1
facebook
youtu.be/8gXpZmQ7j70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Penny boads are cool, sector 9 is a solid brand. And Globe bantam is also a good alternative for penny

So what's best for my situation though?

Fuck Longboards and penny's.
Get an 8.5-9 inch deck, some indy 149s, and 85a powell peralta 60mm ratbones

Honestly man. I like my 22 penny. Its a good commuter and not cumbersome. Its agile and easy to carry around when not riding. Where as longboards are a hassle

And this my friends is why downhill longboarding is dying and loosing street rep cause of hipsters like this is that now the og longboarders are looked at like if they were poser's

And this my friends is why downhill longboarding is dying and loosing street rep cause of hipsters like this is that now the og longboarders are looked at like if they were poser's.

Long boarding never had rep u fag.

Ive had lots of boards. Have a penny and a loaded dervish sama. The loaded is the best board I have every had for just cruising around like you are talking about, wouldnt be good for downhill but just for cruising its amazing. The penny is fun but kind of sketch if you're going down hills that are even decent sized. It can be done but just doesnt feel as stable because of the small size.

This guy knows what's up

Lol faggot

Sector 9 are legit the absolute worst longboards out there. Who told you that?

Penny boards are fun and reasonable for commuting but I find that the plastic isn't great at absorbing road vibration, which means my feet get tired sooner.

Honestly, for commuting, a bike is like 1000% better. But if you really want to go with a skateboard, I'd recommend something reasonably big. The biggest issue for you will be building muscle in the ankles. Road vibrations, especially on the sidewalk, can really exhaust you. Bigger boards will absorb more of that and give you room to adjust your stance.

ITT: assholes who can't afford cars.

get many dates on your board, DUDES? lol

I have a car. Bet you cant ride down a small hill because you have no skills outside being a hater online.

bump

>"getting around college campus"
>hurr get a car
>college campus
>car
>car
>car

idiotic as fuck, this guy

You tried. You really did.

You can fund some cool wooden crusiers on etsy too.
etsy.com/search?q=cruiser skateboard&ref=auto1

>no skills
ok, Napoleon.

As if riding something a 5 year old girl can do is a "skill" — I bet you have no skills, as in living somewhere other than your mom's basement.

complaining that people are getting into your hobby and polluting the image

Sounds like you're the hipster

sure your stupid board will help us to fight daesh
kids these days...

>longboarding
>rep

I've had a Santa Cruz skate cobra for about 4 years now, I've changed the wheels once just last year, I've always treated the board like shit and put it through constant abuse, it's a great board, just every month or so lube up the wheels and trucks. Maybe you can pick up a kahuna stick if you wanna just cruise.

I have a z flex 38" pintail board that I bought when I first started. I'm 6'1 240 so it should work for you and they're not that expensive either

Our trucks on the one they beat you with as a kid.

I'm a big dude and I ride a Arbor Oso Skateboard. great for everyday riding and some tricks.

What will this set up get me?

Get this one

Bitches

Rat bones don't seem strong enough to hold wheels on a board. They don't just snap?

There ya go

Comfortable ride, can ollie up curbs, wheels soft enough to not take as many pushes but hard enough to do powerslides, and most importantly you won't look like a faggot

Agree

OP only longboards because he cant skateboard.

Man up and break your bones to learn like everyone else faggot.

Saw this board on facebook the other day, Can't remember the name, But it's a kickstarter type project with a lot of backing, It's shaped like this, but it has a braking system built into the rear trucks think it was called "Brake Board" or someshit. Price was like $99. Contemplating getting one

For longboards i've found your deck doesn't matter so much. especially of your new to it. The trucks and wheels are everything.
I have a sector9 that i replaced the trucks on but on my dregs board I liked the ones it came with. I have a regular penny that is just for fun but I dont ride it much, never had any problems though and I could get decent speed without falling even on that thing so i would say the company knows what it is doing generally

It's called Brakeboard. Made by a company called Rat. They have a facebook page (how i found out about them/the board)

I mostly ride my penny and globe bantam.

I love Landyachtz. You could go for a drop shape, I've got the Time Machine right now and I absolutely love it, it's the smoothest ride ever. I've tried it downhill and the stability is amazing.

Forgot to mention, I'm the exact same height as you, but I'm 183 lbs. If anything, that'll increase your stability.

facebook com/brakeboard/

Serious question. Anyone use shark wheels?
youtu.be/8gXpZmQ7j70

I'm not OP, But i ride the same thing as you. I'm 5'11(give or take a 4th of an inch) and i weigh 145

Tried them. Didn't like them. Went back to offset.

My current board. I get a lot of attention from faggot stoner high schoolers for it because I live in Denver, though.

Shut up kook

Get something that dont suck
> precision trucks always

I like it. Well, I really love drop shaped boards in general, I find that the stability is really great, especially since I mostly use them for downhill.

Side note, I don't recommend Triple Eight slide gloves. The velcro is glued really badly to the pucks, and if you try to readjust them or tale them off, half the velcro just tears off the puck. Or at least in my experience.

Dont listen to anyone on this thread recommending globe or sector9. Get an earthwing