Is depression real, Sup Forums?

Is depression real, Sup Forums?

Or is it just a bunch of sooks that hate life?

Anyone actually deal with anyone that has depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oEZrAGdZ1i8
youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Liberal takeover of our society has created a generation that has been told not to worry about their "addictions" or "illnesses" and not to take responsibility for any of their actions.

it is real

Of course it's real you colossal faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=oEZrAGdZ1i8

I did not know much about depression until I suffered from it myself. But I am not a teenager and was not in any real trouble. However life gets to you after a while, especially as you get older and your body just is not able to do everything it used to. Also the job I had was one of the causes after 16 years of hard labor I realized I was very much in trouble of going to prison over some of the companies practices. As I was a supervisor over a section of a group of people and a product I know that was being sent out dangerously.

After kicking and screaming to upper magment which failed to get a result. Depression started to set in. Could not leave my job as it seemed to be so much of a part of me by then. I was institutionalized in my own industry. The very thought of leaving my job brought on the fear that the world would some how come tumbling down on me. So I kept on at it until I litterally had a break down. Finally started getting some help and was able to quit. Now trying to work through everything. Found the best way to help is not just really with medication but find an outlet or hobby. For now I have taken up gardening to try and keep myself calm and forget about that horrible fucking place.

Understandable.

AFAIK there are two types of depression, hormonal and as you described, brought on by a stressful or upsetting time.

Hormones usually dont balance until the age of 19-21, and for some kids who start at 9 or 10 when they hit puberty, it fucks them up.

Its real, people just dont understand it fully.
Misunderstanding is also the reason that everyone with depression is instantly given antidepressants, its wrong. Its not as simple as one pill will fix it all

Take ur story to feels thread

Suck my dick faggot. I got over it. My life is probably better than most of the peoples here. Because even though my job fucking sucked. It payed real fucking well. Probably because of all the underhanded shit.

Real, you start lacking the capacity of feeling happiness, activities that normally brought you joy can't do it anymore, emptyness inside is the only thing you feel sometimes, an uncertain future and not even sex bringing happiness, fuck, I even feel emptier and sadder after mindless sex
But the thing is different per person, some cope with it through sex, others want to suicide, I don't want to suicide out of pure pride, if I lose pride, then there is nothing more left of me

this my friend

depression is real. so is the ability to get out of it.
so is the ability to be killed by it.
life, ya know? some people wont be able to be in a position to handle certain things
others just stay strong through it all and suffer for years and endure...

if you are in a long term depression and find a way out, my god its like waking up and coming to life again. its amazing.

I don't remember the last time I didn't feel depressed. Add anxiety on top of it and it's a goddamn nightmare.

Spend most days wishing I'd die one way or the other.

you conserva-faggots have a very, very, very fucking unhealthy and venomous obsession with authority and "self-responsibility to the point of injecting it into any topic (such as this one) while having no fucking relation to the topic whatsoever.

>i cant wait till you fuckers die out, so we can make the world a better place. you human cancer motherfuckers.

I had depression, dealt with it by drinking alcohol. Go addicted for 3 years and got off.

depression is real at the level of the brain and can be seen in through various neuro-imaging techniques.

sure, some people are just sad and need a pick me up event. but some people DO HAVE a chemical imbalance in their brains that prevents them from functioning within "normal" parameters.

It's real but nowadays every 3rd teenager has "depression". The word has lost all meaning.

9/10 times someone says theyre depressed because a girl/boy didn't like them or they just broke up

Chemical imbalances in the brain lead to a number of disorders including homosexuality.

And no, I'm not trolling.

I agree
I self diagnosed myself with depression I believe i have this chemical imbalance because im definitely not "normal"
SELF DIAGNOSIS IS VALID!!

Dear op,
user here, I deal with depression every day of my life.
Depression is real, what isn't so real is the fact that people like me are the happiest, friendliest, nicest people you will ever meet.
When I'm alone I often sit and think about how out of line my life has become and how I can better myself.
I've suffered from depression since the 4th grade till now, I'm in my second year of college.
I live life in a sorta blank space between happy and sad. I no longer remember what happiness is supposed to feel like. After a couple of years depression finally grows on you like a cancer and you get used to it.
-user

Yeah I wish they knew what real depression was. All the fucking emo bullshit from kids who have no idea how easy they have it.

Chemical imbalances in the brain lead to a number of disorders including homophobia.
And no, I'm not trolling.

its real but in a physiological sense

firstly rene descartes meditations on mind dualism is a lie. mind IS body

depression is a physical phenomenom, occurance

things like rhemenoid arthritus, injury, fibromyalgia is depression

cannabis will cure the mind and the body. an effective pain relief medication when combined with safe rehab and activities whilst u mend (if u can..)

sativa for the mind, during the day
indica for the body, during the night

the law itself is illegal its oxymoronic no victim no crime read a history book what a fucking joke brings the entire institution into repute. prohibition is illegal. cannabis is now.

27 years old I eventually saw the docs about it, took forever to work up the nerve. On anti-depressants, not really sure if theyre working tbh.

>dude weed lmao

I smoked weed for years and it was great.
When i was depressed it was awful and exacerbated the problem.

Maybe it works for you and that's great but don't go around parading your opinion around like it's a fact.

stop being a silly cunt. i dont have depression. never even fucking implied it. but what I said still holds true. ask any other fucking neurologist and he will tell you the same.

go work a real fucking day in your life faggot

Yea we know, homosex is a choice.

What does my post have to do with work at all?

I've been working since I was 14 years old.

I was agreeing with you and pointing out through satire that self diagnosis is retarded when there is a biological basis, as you pointed out, for depression.

You misunderstood my post.

You made a claim, back it up with evidence or fuck off.

What do you do for a living? - Please

As someone who's suffered through it for a year and a half, I can tell you it's very real. A quick google search could've told you it's real too though.

This explains it very well.

youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc

tl;dr No.

The long answer is: brain chemistry is really intricate. Yes, you can have chemical imbalances or even full blow genetic defects which manifest in changes of character and what is considered to be normal cognition.

However, for the vast majority of people, they are misdiagnosed as having depression, when in fact they have fully normal brain chemistry.

The sad truth is, we are slaves in white collars, in massive amounts of debt, and kept from the simple pleasures in life. You know, when you were a kid, and you set up a small lemonade stand on your front lawn? Yeah, you can't do that anymore. You need permits, licenses, and have all manner of liabilities and nonsense hanging over your head. You are not ALLOWED to be you and to make your own way anymore... and that is depressing. You are considered a failure if you don't have an amazing career, but to get that, you are also expected to go to college - which is nothing but a huge scam and a waste of money and time - and to get to college, you have to do really good in school by losing all sense of individuality in exchange of being a good little nazi robot paper pusher that is not taught to think, but how to obey. This is where most get hung up in depression --- they feel like something is wrong in their lives, and they are right... they can go to their doctors (after being programmed many times over in the media that depression is not only a thing, but also treatable via pill) and guess what, they are screwed over once again with RIs which do vastly more harm than good and that just make even more made men richer at your expense.

Don't believe me? Look up how many Amish children (or adults) are depressed... If you do hard work, and you love what you do, it is impossible to be depressed, for not only does your life actually have meaning, but better yet, you are to busy actually accomplishing things and being needed by others to waste time with such a silly notion/excuse as being 'depressed'.