Sup Forums my father just died anyone have any experience,stories or advice...

Sup Forums my father just died anyone have any experience,stories or advice, I know this is probably a shit place to ask but I figured at least some of you fuckers have some experience.

We'll be your stepfather when you're ready, OP. My condolences.

I lost my uncle a few years back, it will feel better eventually but just let it all out now if you want.

Hopefully you are next

No experience of father - but do have with grandparents.
> if they were suffering take comfort in the fact that they no longer are - that type of existence is no existence
> take time to remember the good times, and enjoy remembering them
> release your emotions in some way - talk , grieve, draw, whatever.

Sorry to hear it user, but chin up the worst part is over.

Sorry to hear that m8.

Tell us a bit about him, share some stories with us.

I don't know how close you were to your father but I don't think he would want you to get too depressed about him passing away. Live your life, have fun, do whatever you want and cherish the memories of your father. Might not be the best advice but there is no real secret to getting over it. Enjoy your life and cherish the memories. We're all going to lose our parents some day. It's just a matter of time. Best of luck Sup Forumsro

Speaking of Grandparents my Grandmother has cancer I don't know how she'll survive losing another son.

he used to fuck me in the ass when i was a kid.

im gonna miss his hard cock.

Step 1:
- don't be a faggot

He was actually kind of a dick I think he had mental problems like his father, I hope I don't start losing it when I get older.

Cheer up user, you're 1 step closer to being Batman

The only good memories I have are from my childhood things have been rocky between us for more than a decade or so.

Except I'm dirt poor.

Kill yourself asshole and tell me dad I said hi.

I lost my mom a few years back. It'll hurt op it'll hurt a lot. Just make sure you remember the good times. Death happens don't know you parental background but make sure you talk to someone about the pain or it'll fester and you'll grow bitter. My condolences.

Used to go get take out about once a week as a kid and he bought me a dinosaur magazine we used to assemble the model together.

Haha your fathers dead and the worms are wiggling their way into his coffin as we speak

/thread

He's actually still in the freezer, thanks for the kind words though micro dick please kill yourself.

>[My father is] actually still in the freezer
So, then, he's pop-sicle.
(too soon?)

You're on Sup Forums and your fathers in the freezer. Post pics now
I realise it's probably the morgue freezer so just break in. Wouldn't you want your child to take spooky pics of your dead body and scare Sup Forums?

Yeah no I'm not posting pics of my dead father on the internet, I still can't get the image of his contorted face out of my mind as it is.

Shut up and go to sleep Paul.

Have a drink bro

Lost my dad a few years back. Best thing to do is live with the grief. Don't try to mask it with drugs and alcohol. Be sober at the funeral. You're sad for a reason. Deal with it. It'll make you stronger.

I'll have 10.

get rid of any regrets (like i could be a better son) or even injustices that you might felt he did to you. just take some time grieving and then don't let yourselves become a victim who is pittying himself for tough experience that he went through. it will make you stronger in the end but you don't have to go through hell for unnecessary long time like a did.

when i was a kid my friend died on his birthday (15) and what really helped me was watching Bleach and reading Book of the Dead and other books about afterlife - Michael Newton, Raymond Moody, Barry Eaton... it really comforts you because you find out that it's most likely over only for this lifespan. quantum physics actually supports some theories on reincarnation. it seems to be irrational at first because it's nothing like you have been told if you are not buddhist/hindu/shintoist etc. but if you keep digging it may make more sense to you than dull materialism propaganda and help you not taking life that seriously

Mine too a few days ago. Hivemind

This.

When my father died, I cried hard in between thinking about what I'd say at the funeral. I didn't hold back, just let emotions happen. And that was it. I was sad afterwards of course, but I never cried over it again.

It all depends on your situation: I took solace in the fact that unlike my grandmother, my dad didn't stick around to be a burden. One day he was fine, next day boom gone. Everyone has to go, and that's the best way to do it. It's just a thing that happens.

Here's something to prepare for through: I saw my dad in every single one of my dreams for a year or two, and when I'd wake up it would be like I lost him all over again. "Oh yeah, he's actually gone for real".

All of these only apply if you liked him. If you didn't... well who gives a shit about him then? "But he's my dad"... and? Doesn't matter. Say your piece at the funeral and then move on.

I lost my grandmother as a kid, I was crying at the funeral my dad took me out and told me had to stop crying that people die and I will lose many more people I loved. I was 7 it rocked my world to hear the truth that early. I'm 20 now and my dad died last year I didn't cry I accepted it knowing my dad wouldn't want me to be a crybaby about his death. You need to accept it user his death was before what it should have been and that is a very young age to lose parents, I assume your older. man up OP don't be a crybaby faggot father's don't like that.

Yeah I won't I need to be there for my family, especially my grandmother so I won't get drunk.

My father died when I had just turned 18, soon to be 8 years ago. The only thing I can tell you is that it will get better and hurt less. Just try to focus on that. Allow yourself to mourn and be open about it. It doesn't take too long before the rest of the world moves on, and people stop expecting you to be sad, which can also make the sorrow more lonely. To me it helped to talk about it and tell people about him, it still helps. Today, I still think about him but it doesn't really hurt.

nah, just in time, he'd be molten if you'd waited

Leave no child behind.

It'll get better over time.

My father died after 3 years my parents got divorced. But i hated this old bastard and i was the only one who didnt say byebye to his sorry ass 3 days before he died from leukemia.

I hope he rots in hell :)!

He was a son of a bitch, stole our money, drunk, lazy, depressed, dimentia pacient... he got exactly what he deserved.

yeah i have advice: if it really fucks you up, seek professional help. i didn't and 10 years later i regret that