Just bought half a liter of acetic anhydride

Just bought half a liter of acetic anhydride

What should i do with it, /b?

why the fuck did you buy it if you don't know what to do with it?

Mix it with hydrogen peroxide.
You can buy it in pharmacy, it's used as desinfectant or hair bleach.

that molecule aint acetic anhydride

i like that idea..should go off with a bang

I know lol, it's what i was thinking of doing

I was hoping someone would catch it

But I'm too lazy to extract morphine, so would adding some acetic anhydride to poppy seed tea give me the result I'm looking for?

Because i wanted to hear something that i hadn't thought of yet

well yeah, but you'll acetylate all the other nucleophilic crap in there (read: all the sugars, starches, basically any biomolecules).
Do the extraction. Ac2O isn't really that exciting by itself (why did you buy it if you don't know anything about this?)

But I'm not trying to blow myself up

Yet

Mix carbon in it.

I know a little about it but i didn't think acetylating all the other crap would hurt anything

I figured the worst that could happen (as long as i took benadryl, that is) was that I'd lose a small amount of AA

Mmmkay I'll look into it

have some self-respect as a chemist, and do one reaction on one substrate.
...wait, were you talking about just dumping Ac2O into poppy tea and then drinking it? because that seems like an extremely bad idea (absolute best case scenario, you'll end up drinking vinegar)

And i want to learn the extraction but i wanted to have something that would still work in case i fucked up

Not "dumping," more like adding a few drops to a PST brew if my extraction fails and i need some consolation

Homework question: if you brew up poppy tea and add acetic anhydride, what will you end up with?
The answer probably isn't what you'd like it to be. It seems you've got a lot of reading to do (also, please don't do dumb things with chemistry you don't understand)

Pour it down the drain.

1 part chromic acid, 2 parts acetic anhydride and 1 part of ammonium chloride

THC acetate is well worth it if you've got that shit on your hands.

correct me i I'm wrong, but a few drops of AA in a quart or two of PST should give me at least some diacetylmorphine, or at least 3- or 6-MAM, along with regular morphine and miscellaneous acetylated bullshit, which a couple of benadryl should nullify any threatening side effects of.

Where am I wrong?

there's a lot more water than there is morphine. AA doesn't hydrolyse all *that* quickly, but I'd still be surprised if you get more than acetic acid out of that.
not sure about the benadryl, so won't comment on that side of things.

the benadryl was just to combat the massive histamine reaction that acetylated codeine caused, as I understood it

Get some salicylic and make some aspirin so you can OD and kill yourself

nice google skills m8

although thats the motive I used to buy it, so...

Drink it.

Still no one has told me where I'm critically wrong

All I have so far is insults and nonspecific criticism

Why make your own when you can buy enough to fatally od over the counter?

Medfag here- ingesting of large amounts of any histamine-inducing substance can cause systemic release of histamine (a shit ton, throughout your entire circulatory system) which can lead to anaphylactic shock resulting in your ass dying in under an hour. The reaction your body may experience is similar what someone with a severe bee venom allergy would get from sticking his or her face into a beehive.

I could just plant a 10mm in my brain if I wanted to do that

for fucks sake is this what this community has been reduced to?

The only user in this thread that seems even somewhat knowledgable is just saying "you're wrong, but I'm not going to tell you why"

but thats what the benadryl is for

because i have a fucking 10mm if thats what my goal was

fucking seriously? You're going to insult me and this is the best you can come up with?

benadryl doesn't cut it for anaphylaxis, you need epinephrine

Drink.

Sell it Eastern Europeans or Russians they'll take anything if you tell them it's a drug

Luckily i have that on hand as well

If serious, thanks

HE!1!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!11 KEK!! KEK!! KEK!!

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh xDXDXDXDXDDDDDXXXXXXDDDDDD OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOLLLLL FUCKIN HOLY SHITTTT I CANT JUST STOP LAUGHING CAUSE HE HE HE HE HE JUST TO FUNNY MAN!!!1!11!

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY SHIT i just fall of chair!!!! simply le epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xP upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you! tips fedora, le any1 athiest? LOL

GOOD MEME

SORRY I MEAN

GREAT MEME

GR88888 FUCKING MEME BRO I WISH I COULD STOP LAUGHING BUT I CANT MAN!!!!

NICE MEME IMMA REPOST TO REDDIT LELELELELE TY FOR LE KARMA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XD

LE UPBOAT

XD

WAIT TIL LE DERPINA HEARS ABOUT THIS

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

EPIC MEMEING Sup Forumsro BAZINGA BAZINGA BAZINGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ZIMBABWE is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but then i took an arrow 2 da knee :^( BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise. fucking epic ass meme i love that fucking meme so much man wait let me just gets crack pipe out smoke some of that good 420 shit :) rips a bong AHHHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M E