Let's do this, faggots!

Dark souls thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1wTndUgskZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yey

Sorry OP i have to sleep now this thread was fun

bump

Guys i need a funny retarded name for my new charracter. Also related look to it and what should i do in pvp

My friend used to have retarded character names, although I only remember "mcFuckNugget"

git gud images

fu-cking kek.

Im stuck on abyss watchers. It hurts to live.

Git gud

Waddup

I have finished dark souls 1 twice now. Never got gud.

Don't wanna brag but rolled Abyss Watchers at first attempt, 1st stage is easy, second stage just needs good rolls, usually strafe&roll in the direction of enemy hand that holds the weapon and you'll be fine with most humanoid bosses

Replaying 1 so I can do the DLC and then moving on to 2 and 3. One of the best games of all time IMO.

I made Gandhi

>you can beat the abyss watchers without swinging
They red eye ones and the regular ones fight. Git gud. Dont work harder than you need to to win.

man that feeling after clearing the last renaming boss in my playthru, Nameless King.

Did anyone else skip DS2?

It just didn't feel like Dark Souls, and I tried, but couldn't get into it.

DS1 to DS3 feels more of a direct sequel, cause of the shared location and characters, but i feel like DS2 gives you a better feel for the gameplay change (not to mention playing Bloodborne would also help with that)

it was shit compared to 1 and 3. i platinum'd it due to it simply being dark souls. but i'll never play it again. i would happily pick back up ds1 to play pvp again.

>(not to mention playing Bloodborne would also help with that)

I'm interested in it, but I can't see myself getting a PS4 just to play it. Hopefully at some point they'll change their minds about a PC edition.

I just finished Bloodborne last night, what a masterpiece. I've never played DeS or DaS 2 or 3, but I played DaS 1 extensively.

Literally 10/10 though.

Bloodborne is amazing, much faster then DS2 but had that Dark Souls feel to it. For me playing again with a shield in DS3 is like an easy mode.

bloodborne rewards attacking without strategy, dark souls is all about counter attacking slowly. so for those with no brain, bloodborne wins.

Don't know about that brain shit, but will agree that Bloodborne was more about reflexes and DS is more tactical

Okay that's fucking hilarious

Bearer of the curse...

I finally get this gif. I clipped bosses but fucking Havel won't go down.

Amazing chest ahead.

About to go pwn quelaag last night when my character started doing yoga. Heh.

Lavos was a biiiiiitch.

triggered

This is literally yesterday's post

Question. I just beat the first game and it absolutely blew my mind. I've never enjoyed a game like it before. Everyone says 2 is mediocre at best, should i skip it for now and go straight to 3 while its really active in the community right now? or will i be missing a lot of fan service and easter eggs?

I played DS1, played a bit of 2 and hated it, moved on to 3 and I love it. DS2 feels nothing like DS1 and DS3 to me.

I mean there's no reason not to play 2 that games still very active as well plus since 3 is the last "Dark souls" game it'll be active for a very long time.

Personally I liked 2 a lot but it just didn't feel connected to the first game at all.
Felt like someone tried to make a darksouls game in honor of the first game.

the second one might be worth the money if you can get it on some ridiculous sale, say like 10 bucks, otherwise dont spend any money on it.

it felt like:

Dark Souls 1: Metal Cutlery
Dark Souls 2: Plastic Cutlery
Dark Souls 3: Metal Cutlery once again

POST MOAR LEWDS

Just torrent it, if anything you don't really need to play.

it's funny, i heard that the new Doom wasn't in your face with story exposition etc. That the story was fairly vague as you went along.

But when I watched some let's plays, compared to Dark Souls, it has quite a lot told directly.

Good points. Its just hard not to jump to 3 when everyone is on the hype train and it looks so damn fun. I'll definitely play 2. I already have the Scholar of the first sin edition. But damn , I know DS3 will be more fun. I love these games! the lore , the mechanics , the community.

Sorry for being a pleb, but who is the first guy? I know siegmeyer, solaire and Havel, but that helmet doesn't Ring a Bell (pun intended)

I agree with you mate, DS has been an uplifting title for me.

Fuck, that's funny.

Artorias

Artorias the Abyss Walker. Its part of the DLC for the first souls game. I highly recommend it!

That was one of two bosses i actually struggled with in DkS3, probably mainly because at that point i stuck with a terrible weapon and had half the dps i shouldve.

that shit is hilarious

Ah, Thanks. I just recently started playing the games, Beat Ornstein & Smough for the first time yesterday.
I've got the Prepare to die Edition, so I'm looking forward to that!

Congrats. I didn't truly get addicted until I beat Ornstein and Smough , that was a tough fight for a first time souls player! What rings/build you got? Also , life saving tip : make sure you play the DLC BEFORE you beat the game. otherwise you'll have to start over to get to the point where you can access it. Since you've beatin Ornstein and Smough you cna now access it but i recommend doing some lvling first. Just dont fight Gwyn until you've played through it.

I liked 2 a lot as well, replaying it now after beating 3 like 5 times. It definitely feels different, but to me its almost nostalgic now.
I always felt like the area design was top notch in it, way better than 3 anyways.

wt ring u got bithc?

Ah, Thanks for the tip. I'm playing a dex build with a bit of int for magical weapon and some ranged Magic if I need it. Using silver Knight armor/ uchigatana/ RoFaP/ Ring of the evil eye.

evil eye is trash tier there a several better options

Thought it was convenient. Any recommendations?

Calamity ring

royalratvanguard.jpg

honestly i'm playing it and 3 right now and it gives you more of an appreciation for the new elements they added to 3
its like eating shit then pudding sure the shit has corn in it but hey pudding is pudding

Havel's ring

Yeah, that sounds awesome.
I think i'll go with steel protection for now.

Nice , I love the uchigatana. I Did my first playthrough with the Zweihander and now I'm addicted to ultra greatswords move sets. Anyone else here a Zwei bro??

Black knight greatsword here ;^)

Also this

Well, i always thought Havels boost was way smaller. But I just looked it up and I think I can get under 25% with it and a bit of endurance. Thanks!

youtube.com/watch?v=1wTndUgskZQ