Parents of Sup Forums What is your opinion on spankings...

Parents of Sup Forums What is your opinion on spankings? Me and my baby mama have very differing opinions on it and my daughter is getting to that age.

Other urls found in this thread:

parenting.com/news-break/50-years-research-shows-spanking-does-more-harm-good?socsrc=Parenting_TWITTER_20160428000000
youtube.com/watch?v=_l9qhlHFXuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I spank my gf all the time, go for it

I don't think you should ever hit a child. Two points:
- It is weaker than you (c'mon its a child... physically and intellectually)
- you don't win anything in general

>I don't think you should ever hit a child. Two points:
>- It is weaker than you (c'mon its a child... physically and intellectually)
>- you don't win anything in general
You win a kid who's a productive member of society instead of a bratty piece of shit

This. In the rare moments that your kid needs fucking smacked, you better fucking smack em.

Yes, but the catch is on not overdoing it. In my experience, giving them their age in spanks in a good amount.

spankings are necessary.
if you have to do it often
its not working

spank the little shits. the ones that don't get spanked grow up to be spoiled, entitled little shits.

Spank your daughter. But make sure you get pics while you're doing it, then post them here.

Since you're on b, you're probably way too stupid to manipulate or later reason with a child, so beating them is likely your only option.

But on the off chance, it's really this simple: if a kid is too young to reason with then they won't understand why they being hit, if they are old enough to reason with that's a superior option because the idea is to get them to self-discipline, not merely fake it around you.

Also they might teach you things while you debate.

Why did I even bother trying.

Im in the same sitch....i want to be able to give him a swat , she acts like its fucking child abuse.

smack the fuck out of your kids so they don't grow into shit heads, but don't smack them too much, because they'll still turn into shit heads. you need to find a balance.

This exactly
Depends how old the little shit is

Mostly fine for younger boys not so much girls. You have to get more creative with girls. Instead of spanking her try making her hold cans of any perishable food out with her hands. Like she's on a cross. My dad it it to us and we hardly fucked up after that. There's not violence in it so they can't hate you for it. She would be holding them straight out for at least 5 minutes. Try it yourself before you do on her.

parenting.com/news-break/50-years-research-shows-spanking-does-more-harm-good?socsrc=Parenting_TWITTER_20160428000000

There are other more effective ways to punish your kids. I know for me spanking just made me disrespect my parents more, but idk.

Use spanking for quick shit, like if she runs in front of truck. But for other shit, like shitting on the carpet, you take away something she likes.

pretend its your sister if daughter or brother if son. would you hit them in a likewise situation or scenario because of what they did?

ITT spoiled little shits that had parents too pussified to actually raise them right

Anyone can be an asshole and beat the fuck out of a small child. I'm more interested in using these opportunities to help my kids learn. I use reason, humor, and sometimes time-out or I take away something they want for a little while.

My parents were clueless assholes. I've resolved not to raise my children the way they did. So far it's going well. Failure to spank my kids has not made them act any worse than their peers. When they get older they won't suffer for it either. They'll learn that they are ultimately going to have to make their own choices as to what kind of person they want to be, that their dad always will love them, but the rest of the world will treat them like shit. That's about all you can do for a kid as a parent.

But at least don't be a fucking asshole who beats his kids and pretend you're "teaching them something." Because you are not.

Spanking is for woman. As a man if you can't shake your child with a stare then you're a failure.

DUBS DON'T LIE

>asks for help
>doesn't read the fucking science on it instead
nypa fucker

We were talking about children, user.

So was I.

MMM TRIPS

Spankingsvare OK but should be kadt resort. I leatnef a trick from my uncle. Works in most cases so saving spankings is easier.

>Put the kid in the corner. Start with 10-20 mins.
> Add time when they look back, complain, or talk if they aren't supposed to.
> no standing on tiptoe.
> its long boring and tireing

If you need to spank though don't overdo it and don't use something that will bruise. Avoid belts and shit like that. Hands work usually.

Kek

change the little fuckers diet its probably malnourished

hate begets hate
violence begets violence

eye for an eye
tooth for a tooth

u want allies or enemies?

Tell your kids what a spanking is, describe in detail how it is a tradition of many families and nobody is ever hurt or injured from getting spanked. Next time your kids do something bad, tell them what a spanking is.

There is success either way tho. A lady I knew who was 93 years old told me her dad never spanked her, but he also never fucked around. You could tell he meant business when he spoke.

put gloves in his hands and go 10 rounds that way its sports and not child abuse

topkek

Trips and top kek

Bump

This person has never parented. Ignore this

If you know how to determine a good study/article, you will realise this one is dubious at best. It doesnt say whatsoever the test done, the sample size, control groups etc. It just makes a claim. And is clearly biased and uses inane buzz words all over the place.
>citation needed

if he acts like a cunt take food off his plate at the dinner table

do it to teach your child things she needs to absolutely know. like if shes sticking a fork in a socket.
dont do it because she wet the bed or made a mess.

isnt me
honestly it would take A LOT for me to feel the need to spank my child
i do think its necessary
but only if theyre defiant

beat the fuck out of everything. Smash windows break plates slam doors leave a mess scream at everything pace around slamming your head into walls piss and shit on the floor bleed everywhere. you know, the usual stuff.

I was spanked by my dad when I was a child and it kept me away from doing anything bad, but I did spend most of my early life hating him and mentally associating him with something bad.
So, it might teach your child a lesson, but risks your bond with them. In my experience, at least.

Spanking really doesn't deture children from acting out. It deturs them from getting caught. Talking too your children and their actions both when good and bad things are done nurtures a more healthy descion making process.

But more importantly why are you looking for parenting advice on Sup Forums

I was never hit as a child but I was very frightened of my father because he would yell and was very scary so I think you only need to hit if you can't punish them with your voice

Science shows it just isn't effective. Lots of studies available on the subject. AS some anecdotal evidence, I got spanked all the time as a kid and it never deterred me when I really wanted to do something. I my parents would have been arrested is they beat me as hard as it would have took to deter me from doing certain things. The probably should have been anyways (a punch is different than spanking though) It's way more effective to just ground their ass, and take shit away. No internet for a week? Fuck me I may as well be dead.

make him rip a bong hit instead

that ll show the little bugger

Would only beat my child if he does something ridicolously stupid that could either get him killed or land him in jail.
Thats 2 cases where they need to understand that they absolutely can´t fucking do that shit and using that tool too often makes it less efficient.

at best its unnecesarry, at worst it undermines your authority as a parent. you cant beat good character traits into your kids, unless you want a spineless little bitch for a child. effective parenting requires an understanding of power dynamics, the unique qualities of the relevant sex, and control over your own emotions. much of parenting is all about having the right leadership skills and applying them properly.

> i only know how to teach by fear and aversion

huehuehue

escalation
tit for tat
need to understand what they want.. and what you want... and where those wants intersect, emerge

ive never been hit in my life but i can see that different people respond to different things

some people simply won't learn unless they get smacked into reality. sad but true.

i say you should start out with not hitting (stuff like grounding, reducing allowance, no food). then (after several weeks) move on to grabbing and shaking firmly if behaviour hasn't improved.

if the behaviour still hasn't improved, what choice is there left? obviously nothing else is getting through to this kid.

i mean seriously, some anti-spanking/smacking people don't seem to understand that some people do not respond to certain types of punishment. these are the people that tend to fuck up their children the most

It´s very, very bad. It´s extremely damn fucking bad. Educate yourself OP and educate yourself NOW. Once you start doing it the fact that you will deep down know that it is wrong, will prevent you from ever seeing the truth. Your only opportunity is now, stay clear of the dark path that leads to countless problems in the future. Never punish your kid for anything, never use force and always, always. FUCKING ALWAYS reward good behavior.

>some people simply won't learn unless they get smacked into reality. sad but true.
should check if they werent smacked out of reality firsthand

I was spanked a lot as a child, I turned outo just fine. It does good.

My mother had a wooden paddle hanging from the wall in the kitchen. When she got it she explained what it was for and to fully understand each of us got a whack with it. It hurt like hell.

She never used it on us. All she had to do is point to it, not even say a word and we got the message.

as you can see im saying that physical chastisement is to be used as a last resort (though before medication or any other super special methods)

it holds them back years, massive percentages

its a very archaic mindset to try and beat something back into shape after its been beaten out

better off trying to fold samurai steel

The scientific evidence is overwhelming that spanking and other forms of corporal punishment have a net negative effect on a child's development and mental health.

This is where faggots come from.

>Never punish your kid for anything

boy - bongs & boxing

girl youtube.com/watch?v=_l9qhlHFXuM

Spanking doesn't do anything.

When I found my wife, she had a kid already with her. This kid is an utter fucking dipshit. She has trouble forming coherent sentences and is constantly fucking up simple tasks. She's 10.

I've also had a kid with her and it's not 3. This little shit is smart. She knows how to use counter-reasoning, knows how to get away with doing things she's not supposed to and is getting pretty good at lying. Kid will make a great criminal one day, makes me proud.

However, no matter what punishment I've thrown at the dipshit she unfortunately already had with her, nothing works or gets through to her. We've tried...

>Spanking
>Physical labor
>PT (Physical training)
>Timeouts
>1-2 hour long sessions where we talk through and try to fix her fucked up logic
>Etc

Literally nothing has worked. I think she's just a fucking idiot.

Don't assault your children, I was under the impression that that was common sense? People who were spanked, beaten and physically abused as kids always turn out shittier. Don't do it.

they learn from their environment, punish yourself

this

No, no, no...

Stupid people turn out shittier. Smart kids figure out what they're doing wrong to get punished and stop doing it.

Don't blame people being punished as to why they turn out to be dumb fucks.

> kid plays in the street
Don't worry environment will punish him
> car drives by and bumps junior all the way into the neighbours garden
See, I told you!

Is she retarded for real or just stupid?

it's a nice cartoon but i don't see the relevance?

ITT a shit load of anons that shouldn't have kids ever

ITT: What's wrong with America.

No wonder everything has to be politically correct, everyone's so god damn soft, everyone's turning into a trap or wanking to them.

America has gone so soft...

Fucking millennials are going to start birthing children any minute now and be raising them. What a scary thought.

Just stupid. We considered that she had a mental development disability and bought a bunch of bullshit psychology books. We've had her tested and somehow, it turns out she's just an idiot.

>they learn from their environment, punish yourself
society doesn't work like that anymore

you have autism but nice try retard

This, emotionally unintelligent faggots who have no clue about parenting tactics

Sometimes what starts as a simple spanking feels too good to stop. Next thing you know, it's a beating. Then a savage one. The screaming is so loud but a few more blows should silence it. Mmm.

Depends, spanking your kids for nothing is stupid but spoiled brats have to be spanked and bullied into submission.

are you from America / the 1800's ?

I Spank my girlfriend will doing it. Now if you try spanking your kid you will picture landwhales fucking and hitting each other.

Depends on what they are taught.
If all you get from your parents is not to do something, because you'll get punished for it, you'll like not end up a smart person, since you're being taught not to question things.
If they tell you why and try to explain the situation to you, the child will have more opportunity to learn and thus statistically will be smarter.

>relevence
>girls

dunno same like the other shit teach them the artform, physical exercise/training, manual labor, get to help with jobs and tasks, always something new to teach

It is child abuse.

> not providing a source for your claims

theres more then 1 society

I wasn't held back at all, I am socially and mentally fine. I plan on spanking my kids when I decide to have kids. America has gone to soft to spanking, to politically correct.

If you think spanking and not punishing your child are the only two options that exist, then you probably aren't fit to raise children.

live in a better neighbourhood

legalise pot same class as alcohol and tobacco

If my kids act like spoiled shits i will spank them.
Otherwise i will go the route my parents did and let them figure things out for themselves, after a couple of cuts and bruises you find out what works and what doesnt.

Neglect is more effective than physical abuse.

If the child gets into a fight or something, just take it home, don't bother talking to it, and don't make food for it for a day or two. They shut up and real quick. This is generally what makes those quiet-polite-smart children.

Physical abuse generally leads to the shy kids with creepy, weird behavioral issues, like sucking their thumb in 8th grade and flinching when someone suddenly speaks up.

i have brain damage from all the repeat trauma - micro concussions from "parenting"

whats the matter faggot? cant live without your head chopped off?? ohh well you weak lolzzlkpz

How does that prove I have autim?

I'm cringing
>fedora pepe
>>trips
>>>ugh my head is imploding

Okay, you were spanked and you turned out fine. That's a sample size of one person. Not enough to come to any meaningful conclusion.

I'd spank my girls bum red and have a sniff of that that swole pussy while doing it

Muh ma always beat me wid a baseball bat and I'm the best persin in the world, smart too.

Billy, get back in here you little shit, you're gettin' the spike dildo again!

Yeah, i have some fucked up tics from getting my ass kicked in school when i was a kid.
I dont suck my thumb like a retard but i dont like people touching me and shit.

I was raised being spanked by my parents and caned at school and I have raised my 2 sons NOT spanking them.
Hitting kids teaches them that violence is a solution
It teaches them that you can use violence to get what you want from people that are smaller/ weaker than you
A parent tends to spank a child 'in anger', not when they are in control and this is not right.
My not-spanked boys are now 18 and 15.
The older one is going to study medicine at Uni and the 15 year old is a promising sportsman
Almost everyone that meets them from when they were small to this day has commented to me and my wife how well behaved and polite they are
We have had punishments but no hitting and long conversations and discussions about 'right and wrong' and 'consequences' etc with them since they were small and now they are exceptionally well equipped communicators.

spanking is definitely necessary, my eldest kid got spanked when she was a kid, never did her any harm, now she is A1 student and perfect child, my 2 little ones i have to spank occasionally

Depends. Respond to prove you want a real answer and I will give you one.

Who gives a shit? Fags like you will never have kids.

No, there is a difference between spanking and abuse, maybe if you weren't so stupid you could tell the difference.

>micro concussions

And gender dysphoria...right??

Yep. The worst case for neglect is you get some clingy piece of shit, or depression. Just stop neglecting them once their behavior is fixed (Or when they start highschool) and let them work the problems out themselves over a few years. Then they'll get good behavior without the problems of clinginess and all that BS, at the cost of nothing but awkward highschool memories. (Kids never hate their parents after they're adults, so they won't hate their childhood or anything).