Hey guys. I could use some input on some shit

Hey guys. I could use some input on some shit.

>be me
>Detention Officer
>work all the time
>like, all the time, at night
>scheduled for 12 hour shifts
>also nighttime Riot Squad commander
>2 recent deaths
>rival gangs causing shit constantly
>have to deploy riot team basically every other night
>12 hour shifts turn into 16 hour shifts
>short staffed, especially among ranking officers, especially among ranking riot officers
>getting deployed next month to Kuwait for 6-9 months
>fiancé says I'm "getting distant"
>fiancé constantly texts me at work stuff like "I miss you" and "I don't want to go to bed alone anymore"
>when I get home we fuck like rabbits but she ends up crying in my arms
>when we spend time together she says stiff like "are you marrying me or the force/military?"
>I can't take her to Kuwait

I've burnt through a lot of women, and I really, really love this girl. She's like, 100% of my confidence and my drive. She's why I can struggle through all the bullshit.

Losing her would be completely devastating, and this shit is going south, but I've no idea how to stop it.

Just quit and find another job. Something that allows you to spend more time with her, it's that easy.

>I've burnt through a lot of women, and I really, really love this girl. She's like, 100% of my confidence and my drive. She's why I can struggle through all the bullshit.
>Losing her would be completely devastating, and this shit is going south, but I've no idea how to stop it.

have you said this to HER and not just to Sup Forums ?

Yeah, well.. Okay I'm shit at communicating. We've had the conversation though, and she knows how important she is, and she gets the whole job thing, but what I'm super anxious about is leaving the fucking country for most of a year with minimal contact.

People pay good money for advice half as good as this.

No man, if you really do love her and really wanna stay with her, you'll get good at communicating real fuckin fast. Tell her, cry your eyes out and show her you actually care. How much money are you making? If it's not a "life made" type of job.. consider quitting.

I put in for an SRO (school cop) position but I can't switch over until the beginning of the fiscal year, so basically when I get back from my deployment I'll have normal hours, like 8-4 Monday - Friday

Yeah, if u love her just quit. Even if u didn't it sounds like the job is pretty draining anyway and you don't even want to go to Kuwait. Just quit and tell ur higher ups how you're feeling so u have better chances of going back if money really is that tight and u can't work anywhere else. Good luck man, spend some time with your woman

Start looking for another job, now. Ask her to help you with looking for one so that you don't have to leave her, shell help.

This. Trust me OP, I lost a girl I loved over shit like this and I will regret it until the day I die.

I worked my ass off trying to work my way up, thinking 'once I'm promoted again I won't have to work so much, and I can give her the life she deserves'. Well, she didn't want the life I thought she deserved, she wanted me to actually be there with her, and by the time I figured it out it was too late.

tell her fine i will quit then
be there for her the way she wants
watch as time flies
and soon she is complaining about something new she isn't getting or you not working or etc etc etc

tbh Sup Forumsro she sounds just a lil selfish
like i understand only getting to see the person you love a few hours a day
but thats part of life, you struggle, you cope, you sacrifice, you fight to keep your love strong
not just one of you
it takes both of you compromising and understanding of the others' needs

if it is only temporary before getting more normal hours then you shouldn't have to quit a career just so she can be happy at night when she is feeling lonely
it is up to her to lay there at night and realize you are sacrificing your safety, your sanity, your happiness for her, so she doesn't have to live on the streets, so years down the road, you two can have all the time in the world to do the things you love with no worries

So you sign up as a civil servant, but can't stand that your life doesn't revolve around you family? Your job is to throw away your life so everyone else can have a better one. You don't want to make the commitment the job requires so just quit.

fuck this copypasta from 8 years ago, faggot

what movie that gif from?

Psssh, women, if you weren't working this hard she would be complaining that "your life isn't going anywhere, you don't have any goals"

No clue. Found it on /ps2g/.

Que? I can assure you this is pretty legit..

She really wouldn't, I don't think. I've done this since we've met, but recently with my promotion to SSgt. and the disturbances I've seen like, 0 of her, and the reserves are deploying me to work on jets for half a year.

A little selfish? You're a fuckin moron.

I'll rephrase it for you OP.. if you leave for 9 months, your relationship is done, unless she's absolutely out of this world amazing, which she probably isn't but that's totally fine.
You're either quitting your job, or quitting her.

adjective
(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

A short film called "Envoy" apparently.

thanks Sup Forumsro
+5 interwebz to you

Yeah.. the job thing might be doable, but I can't just quit the military, even the reserves won't let me just, not deploy.

Nigga you are gonna get cucked

THEY DONT TEACH YOU TO BE A PUSSY IN THE FORCE SON, SHAPE UP

OP here, pretty much what I'm worried about.

Pic related.

>Implying you can just quit the Army like that
Haha dumbass

Hey OP my names Chad.

popping positive is the easiest thing in the world m8

So OP, you are still going to have your job as a detention officer when you get back?

No but honestly OP, you're being a pussy. Dude everybody loses shit, it's the way life works. Yeah it will be hard the first time, but that's cause you've never been through something of that caliber. Plus women take your money, your goal is to MAKE money. Stop being a pussy OP. Tables turn, bridges burn, we live and learn.

Yeah, in fact the way it's set up they pay me for "military leave."

Basically for the first three months I have enough "military leave" to collect double paychecks.

When I get back I'll be an SRO (probably) and have normal hours.

The main thing I'm worried is leaving until like, after Christmas on a bad note. More than likely if I leave and it's shitty, I'll come back to an empty home.

Tell her how you feel, you raging fucknugget.

Yeah I've been through enough women to know which ones are useless pieces of shit. This one is considerably less shitty.

You don't think your fellow soldiers will have your back on some shit like this? You can always find someone better. There will always be a better.

Yeah after how long? She's fucking awesome, and I have no idea how long it'll be before I find someone as good.

So you complain on Sup Forums? You got advice already. Go and speak with her

Yeah OP. Do not quit your job. That sounds like a pretty good deal honesly. And you getting deployed is what is going to end your relationship, and that is happening regardless. So if you quit you won't have a job when you get back either. If you like the girl this much stick with her. Try to make it work through your deployment, and maybe she will stick around if she truly loves you as much as you do her. If she doesn't, then she didn't love you as much apparently. Might be hard at first, but you need to realize that she isn't really worth it if she can't handle the relationship when things get a little tough.

>We've had the conversation though, and she knows how important she is,

Yeah, no. Women don't work like that. You can tell them a million times but they don't get it unless you somehow prove it, and this usually involves something totally unrealistic, like quitting your job, going AWOL, etc. That's what she's asking. You're not going to win without doing something completely and totally retarded. Because women.

hahahaha OP dont listen to this virgin
Just communicate brah it ain't embarassing

You seriously think just telling a girl a hundred times that she's important is going to make her believe it? Have you ever been with a woman? They don't think like men. They don't listen to words. They don't debate. They don't reason. All they do is feel. If you can stir feelings, then you're not getting your point across. I've been married 15 years. I've seen some shit.

This, OP, is a defining moment in your life. It's time to have the hard talk with yourself, and with your woman. Do you want this career? Is this what you really want to do in your life? If this is truly what you should be doing, then be 100% open and honest with her about that. If she loves you and cares about you, she will support you in that. It will be hard and you do take the risks of putting a lot of strain on your relationship. It can either take that strain or break, which is an indicator of the strength of the relationship. If it's not what you want to do, if it's just a paycheck and you jeopardize your relationship for something that doesn't matter to you, then you're an idiot and deserve to lose it. I get that money is important but is it more important than her? What does she think, is money more important than you? Would you both sacrifice and live frugally to be together? Man up OP, live your destiny like a boss, either it's to sacrifice to be with her, or its to sacrifice to provide for her. But either way you BOTH need to agree on that course.

The problem is the thing is going to put the biggest strain on the relationship is happening regardless of his decision to quit his current job. He cant just not get deployed.

The thing that is**

Take a shit on your boss's doorstep LOL! TOP KEK LE HUE!!!

It's ok op she still loves u

Oh is that so?

Lol when you leave she's gonna fuck some nigger and let him ram it up her ass

Nah if shit's going south I'll probably kick her out before I leave.

Works for Pimps but the name of the game is cop and blow

when you go overseas to war your relationship ends. this is not the 1940s. a woman can find a good looking, educated man with a job in 30 seconds by opening a cell phone app.

your girl WILL cheat no matter what, you WILL come home knowing your pussy has been used for who knows what purpose. so end it. for your own good

Bro just ditch that bullshit career and run away with her! If she makes you happy do it now.

fuck the military.